Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NFL 2007-2008 season thread

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, who's going to dominate this year and make the playoffs/SB?

-Pats are going to be very dangerous with Moss + Brady

-Miami may have a chance with Porter joining Zach Thomas & Jason Taylor, and Trent Green being QB

-I honestly think the Bears have a shot at winning it all this year. Mike Brown & Tommie Harris are back, Darwin Walker was acquired from Buffalo, Archuleta acquired from the Skins, Hesters change to offense, Olsen & Wolfe being drafted. Offense is similar to that of the 85 Bears IMO (besides Payton).

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You got to be a closet Dolphin fan. :D I know your sig says you like the Bears, but dude, I've yet to hear anyone outside of Miami think playoffs. I know Miami were the first to upset the Bears, but still. Got to hope the O-line holds up for us. But Porter is going to be sick as hell, and Green provides the first actual QB we've had since Fiedler. If he's better than Noodle Arm was (he's already better than Culpepper and Feeley were), and better than Frerotte was, and Brown can be a top 10 RB, we're serious sleepers.

From the AFC:
I like the Patriots obviously. Ravens are interesting. I don't buy Norv Turner as a HC, so sorry Chargers. Colts lost too much, and it's hard as hell to repeat. I like the Steelers and Broncos as well.

From the NFC:
In the NFC, I guess the Saints look good. I don't know much about them besides they picked the right QB, and we didn't. I still can't believe that. The team that loses in the Super Bowl has a history of sucking the next year, so that doesn't sound good for Chi. I'm one of the few that believes Grossman isn't such a bad QB, but I'm not a big believer in Benson. He was the 3rd RB taken in the worst draft since before 2001. Should've shipped him off, not TJ. I like the Eagles if McNabb is healthy (which is never). I believe in Romo, and the Rams got a great QB and a great RB.

Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Alright, who's going to dominate this year and make the playoffs/SB?

-Pats are going to be very dangerous with Moss + Brady

-Miami may have a chance with Porter joining Zach Thomas & Jason Taylor, and Trent Green being QB

-I honestly think the Bears have a shot at winning it all this year. Mike Brown & Tommie Harris are back, Darwin Walker was acquired from Buffalo, Archuleta acquired from the Skins, Hesters change to offense, Olsen & Wolfe being drafted. Offense is similar to that of the 85 Bears IMO (besides Payton).
Patriots are going to win, they're going to score 30 plus every game. Pats got Brady who's better than MANNING. Manning is only good cuz of Harrison, give him the same sh'tty recieving core Brady had last year! Colts wouldn't have made the playoffs. The Pats improved their defence too! Oh yea screw Dillon, Marony is so much better.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

**Denver could be scary.
-Improved WR core.
-QB is MUCH better than Plummer.
-Javon Walker.
-Travis Henry.
-Archnemesis of Patriots.

**Indy won't repeat.
-Curse is against them.
-Lost more than they gained.
-No defense. Last year was magic, not talent. So they have less than they once had.

**Bears.
-Could surprise. IF Grossman takes a huge leap.
-Losing Thomas Jones will hurt them more than Fans realize. He's a player in every sense of the word. And, he was once on Cribs, where they featured his Bro Julius.

**Miami. Yah, right.
-Lost the coach.
-Got rid of QB.
-QB in a new system.
-Lost TE. Who was good.
-Has the oline improved?
-DEF is aging.
-Very touch division.

**Jets.
-Not far off from making things happen.
-Smart draft.
-Pennington's arm must hold
-Thomas Jones rules.
-WR talent
-DEF must pull through.

**SD.
-Took a step back. Lost a coach who took them far. It was more the fault of undisciplined players...
-LT + RIVERS + GATES + WR...threat. Incredible.
-Still got Turner the Burner.
-DEF is nasty, but does Mr Lights Out do roids?
-Still a few steps back b/c of coaching.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now...as advertised...I'm a pats fan. I was giddy when we got Adalius, Welker, and Stallworth, as well as Kyle Brady. But getting Moss? That puts us over. We've always been CLOSE to a 4 th in a short time frame. In Denver in 2005...it was no offense. Dillon was a bust by then and no real receiving core. Circa 2006...no real defense to stop peyton, and receivers no comparable to peyton's to keep scoring pace in event of poor D. Circa 2007...grab Adalius Thomas, Seau, healthy Harrison, 1st round draft player is Defensive player, too. Healthy CBs. Grab Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Brady, and Sammy Morris. EGADS batman!

Now...I don't want to get TOO far ahead of myself, b/c alot of things can happen. Expectations aren't met. People get hurt. Other teams emerge to squash dreams. It's your guess. However...on paper, and assuming they improved over last year...its just scary cool. They've yet to cut players, but they will. Reche really botched it for us, and Chad Jackson, mr 1st round pick, didn't do squat. So he either puts up or shuts up. And there's been concern over Maroney's shoulder and Brady's Mind (new baby).

I'm just excited...

A-Unit

Reaction score
Psh... Brady has the best game mind... cmon he won 3 super bowls and he went to the playoffs with a ****test recieving core. The best part of the Patriots are the owners who respect what the team needs.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
*Standard Home Team Root*

WE WILL OWN YOU ALL!!! THE PATRIOTS DYNASTY WILL CONTINUE!! A BOOT TO THE HEAD TO ALL WHO DENIES IT!!

*Standard Home Team Root*

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit said:
**Miami. Yah, right.
-Lost the coach.
-Got rid of QB.
-QB in a new system.
-Lost TE. Who was good.
-Has the oline improved?
-DEF is aging.
-Very touch division.
So getting rid of Culpepper and Harrington was a bad thing? You add Joey Porter, replace Kevin Carter with Matt Roth, you got at least the same defense. The team is fine if there's an o-line.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
titans ftw!!!

nah but seriosuly. Im stoked about this season. Watching hard knocks with kansas city chiefs (HBO: 10pm wednesdays) I acnt help but think these guys will do well. IF they start Huard and he has a year like last year... these guys will do great. 2 of the best RB in the league (if priest can get healthy again) perrenial pro bowl corner, etc. Herm Edwards is a good coach too...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many losing seasons does it take to get Jon Gruden fired? Besides winning a Super Bowl with Dungee's defense, this guy has accomplished nothing but being a very young losing coach. Chris Simms is a great match for Gruden - they have a lot in common, in that people constantly talk about how great they are, while all they do is suck.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

You lose Cpep and Harrington who did nothing.

Put trent green in an offense that isn't nearly what Kansas City was.

Give him about the same DEF given attrition and age.

And what have you got?

The same team sweeping the basement floors.

In years to come, they'll move ahead, but I actually like the Jets more than Miami for the simple fact Mangini picked 2 olinemen in the 1st 2 rounds, showing he knows his fundamentals and attacks a TEAM need, not all flashy like DETROIT was the past 5 years. This year was a no brainer with Calvin Johnson, but there's always that risk. Teamed up with Roy Williams, there's no telling how they do.

I have no respect for any other teams in the AFC EAST aside from the Jets. Losman is flashy, and has spirts of greatness, marked with moments of pure shameful play. Losing McGahee wasn't awesome either, and they've not gotten much going at DEF to impress me as someone who could shut down people as the PATS.

I hate to be such an obvious homer, but how can I not? WITHOUT the moss trade, the Pats were scary. WITH IT, they're disgustingly favored. It may be too much of a good thing, but I'll roll with it until I'm proven otherwise. I'm stoked for the season opener. My only real concern was our secondary and the running game, but then again, Kevin Faulk is WAY undervalued for what he does, and Sammy Morris can do something, especially with THAT passing game.

It should be a killer season b/c it seems so many superpowers are falling as others are rising.

A-Unit

Reaction score
A-Unit said:
You lose Cpep and Harrington who did nothing.

Put trent green in an offense that isn't nearly what Kansas City was.

Give him about the same DEF given attrition and age.

And what have you got?

The same team sweeping the basement floors.

In years to come, they'll move ahead, but I actually like the Jets more than Miami for the simple fact Mangini picked 2 olinemen in the 1st 2 rounds, showing he knows his fundamentals and attacks a TEAM need, not all flashy like DETROIT was the past 5 years. This year was a no brainer with Calvin Johnson, but there's always that risk. Teamed up with Roy Williams, there's no telling how they do.

I have no respect for any other teams in the AFC EAST aside from the Jets. Losman is flashy, and has spirts of greatness, marked with moments of pure shameful play. Losing McGahee wasn't awesome either, and they've not gotten much going at DEF to impress me as someone who could shut down people as the PATS.

I hate to be such an obvious homer, but how can I not? WITHOUT the moss trade, the Pats were scary. WITH IT, they're disgustingly favored. It may be too much of a good thing, but I'll roll with it until I'm proven otherwise. I'm stoked for the season opener. My only real concern was our secondary and the running game, but then again, Kevin Faulk is WAY undervalued for what he does, and Sammy Morris can do something, especially with THAT passing game.

It should be a killer season b/c it seems so many superpowers are falling as others are rising.

A-Unit
Yes I love how people say Moss is overrated and that he's past his prime. NO offense to Oakland Raider fans, but you guys blow. Can't protect the QB long enough for him to throw the damn ball and you expect Moss to put up number!? lol I'm so happy that Harrison is back from the injury... he'll def knock out Payton Manning!

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Briggs' car found abandoned after accident
Associated Press

CHICAGO -- A damaged black Lamborghini registered to Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs was found abandoned early Monday alongside the Edens Expressway on the city's North Side, authorities said.

Illinois State Police officials said the 2007 Roadster, which had crashed into a light pole, was discovered around 3:15 a.m. on northbound I-94 near the Devon Avenue exit.

"(The) registration comes back to Lance Briggs, however we don't know who was driving the car at the time," Master Sgt. Kyron St. Clair said.

Briggs contacted the Illinois State Police on Monday, and officers planned to meet with him later in the day, Master Sgt. Luis Gutierrez said. He said he did not have details about when or where the meeting would take place.

"He contacted us to discuss the whereabouts of his car," Gutierrez said.

Bears spokesman Scott Hagel said Briggs was not injured, but declined to say if Briggs was in the vehicle when it crashed. He declined to say anything else about the incident.

Briggs was at Halas Hall, the Bears headquarters in Lake Forest, Ill., Monday morning, Hagel said.

Police said it doesn't appear that anyone was injured in the crash. Whoever was behind the wheel of the luxury Italian sports car could face misdemeanor charges for improper lane usage and leaving the scene of the accident, St. Clair said.

St. Clair said the vehicle, which has a Kelley Blue Book value of more than $350,000, had not been reported stolen.

I can't believe how fu<king stupid football players are, they've got the world by the balls and they do stupid sh!t like this. Not to mention Vick, Tank Johnson, Pacman etc. I would kill to be in their position, and they piss it all away.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not concerned about the loss to SD, i'm absolutely devestated that Mike Brown is out for the season again, and in the first fu<king game.:(

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
I'm not concerned about the loss to SD, i'm absolutely devestated that Mike Brown is out for the season again, and in the first fu<king game.:(
I am a die hard bears fan and am very concerned about the loss to san deigo. I know its only one game but there offense looked like sh1t. There defense played a great game.

Rex does not look good. Benson cannot create, he needs the offensive line to make plays for him. Getting rid of thomas jones was a big mistake.

I know its one game but these guys did not put up ONE SOLID drive on offense. This has got to be one of the worst offenses in the NFL. If they are not able to run the football they will not even win there own division.

Because of there offense the bears cannot match up with the top AFC teams.

And yeah losing mike brown sucks he is probably along with urlacher and harris the key to our defense.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm so now:

- Rex has been pulled in favour of Griese
- Our D is banged up badly (Vasher, Tillman, Arch, Harris, Briggs, Walker, Ogun)
- Offense isn't clicking whatsoever and is nowhere near as explosive or dangerous as everyone made out to be during training camp
- I still can't get over Mike Browns injury

It's going to be an interesting month with the 3 division games coming up.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
I can't believe how fu<king stupid football players are, they've got the world by the balls and they do stupid sh!t like this. Not to mention Vick, Tank Johnson, Pacman etc. I would kill to be in their position, and they piss it all away.

Amen! Rep points for that (although it kills me to rep a Bears fan...GO PACK! 3-0!!), truer words were never said.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
While I would totally agree with that statement. It all comes down to self control. With fame and money comes power. With power comes greed, ****iness, greed, more greed. The more you have, the more you want. (JaMarcus Russell) The temptations become so frequent that I'm surprised more athletes aren't making the news.

But, for every Pro-Bowler, for every All-Star player that gets put behind bars and makes the front page, theres at least one player who's doing the right thing, giving back, playing by the rules. Unfortunately, nobody talks about those guys...

BTW. Go Pack ;)