Next move?

Kevin Matthew

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a girls number while doing photography at a club Friday night. We danced and made out a little. She's 35, I'm 25. I texted her today. This is the transcript of our convo...

Me: Hey Jill, it's Kevin from Friday night.
Me: I was going through my pics, and stumble upon this...i had to share it.(attached was a pic of her)
Her: Hahaaaa! Feelin it for sure ;) thanks for sharin. How ya doin?
Me: I'm doing very well. How about you, still hungover from Friday?
Her: I'm great! Was def feelin it yesterday but I'm back. Did u have fun at the show? I remember sliding around on that floor tryin to dance.
Her: Do u have an artist page for ur work?
Me: Yea I had a lot fun. We tore up the dance floor...well I did. You kept trying to copy my moves but kept slipping.
Me: I don't have a personal page, but my company does.

Did i blow it? And if so what was the wrong move? Any advice on wht my next move should be?(when to text her, what to say, etc.)

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Not a good first text^

Always assume she remembers you. But it didnt harm you because shes still into from the texts.

Did i blow it? And if so what was the wrong move? Any advice on wht my next move should be?(when to text her, what to say, etc.)

Im assuming she didnt respond to your last text? If thats the case wait a few days and text her to make plans for a date....no more bullsh1tting around about work. You can talk to her all about it WHEN YOU PHYSICALLY ON THE DATE. Just say something like "Hey I got a recommendation for this one restaurant. Its sounds cool, what night are you free this week?" Or a simple "What night are you free to get drinks this week?"

Kevin Matthew

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheException said:

Not a good first text^
Thanks for the feedback. If we don't help each other, we'll never get better.

Would it have been better if I just said. "Hey Jill, it's Kevin."? She didn't have my number, so I feel like I would've had to state my name. Should I not have?

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kevin Matthew said:

Kevin Matthew said:
Thanks for the feedback. If we don't help each other, we'll never get better.

Would it have been better if I just said. "Hey Jill, it's Kevin."? She didn't have my number, so I feel like I would've had to state my name. Should I not have?
I don't really know why you think you "blew it". You haven't really done anything (good or bad).

Saying, "Hey it's Kevin from Friday night." really isn't worse than saying "Hey it's Kevin." Not a big deal. Not even close.

Everything about your conversation is fine. I see no major flaws. The only thing it's lacking is where you get to the point and ask her to meet you for drinks. You don't want to spent hours texting back and forth with some girl you barely know. All you gotta say is, "How's your week looking? Let's meet up for drinks after one of my photography sessions. Wednesday or Thurs."

You're throwing around words like "Did i blow it?" and I'm like....this guy didnt even freakin do anything. There's nothing to blow. Even if this girl never responds again, it just means she's not interested. It's not because you blew it.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I didnt mean it like that. Ice nailed it when he says it doesnt really matter. I just prefer to assume shes going to remember me. Ill comment on something that happened the night i met her.

Kevin Matthew

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the wise words guys. I have a tendency to over think things. Will let you know what happens.