"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

New York City

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 31, 2001
Messages
324
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
NYC
I am meeting up with a girl I am dating in New York City (Manhatten) on Friday. Since it is summer and we are not in school, it is a Long Distance Right Now. THis is probably our 15th date.

What are some good places to go to? What do you all suggest? We will be in the city for about 4 - 5 hours during the day. I am 21, she is 20.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

mrbrooklyn

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
Los Angeles
Hang out at the South Street Seaport, or go to the Tribeca Area, The village is always cool or you can go down to china town.
 

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 31, 2001
Messages
324
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
NYC
I dont really know the city that well... what exactly is there to do in those places? What do you suggest?
 

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2002
Messages
898
Reaction score
0
Age
44
night time at st.marks place is pretty cool. the enviroment is very unique. big quote around the word unique. the stores there are one of a kind, should provide an interesting date.

just map quest it. st marks place is a street btw 3rd and 4th ave. china town is cool. look for broadway and canal and thats basically one corner of china town. canal st is known for its knockoff products. buy her a prada bag for 25 bucks. heh

use citysearch.com for some places. make her take you around if she is from the city area.
 

Wong Fei Hung

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Take her to Brooklyn's Coney Island Astroland on the D and F train line. Take her to the Aquarium after or before the date to Nathan's Hot Dog. Forget about Manhattan if she lives in NYC. Manhattan is pack with noise and people. You want to take her places she may want to go to and not had the chance.

I know lots of places to take her to. Here are some more.

Bay Ridge-Shore Road (Brooklyn)
Greenpoint - (Brooklyn)
Bronx Zoo -(Bronx)

Laser Park [lots of video games)- (Manhattan)
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

mrbrooklyn

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
Los Angeles
Coney Island! Are you crazy? I went to John Dewey High which is one stop away from CI. The place has not been any good since the 70's. CI is a dump, stay away. If you want to hang out in brooklyn go to park slopes or brooklyn heights. These are both very nice areas with alot of places to eat. Brooklyn Heights has the promenade which is a nice place to take a date. park slopes also has the botanicle gardens, brooklyn museum, prospect park. The 2 or 3 train to 7th avenue will drop you off in park slopes, and the c or a train will drop you off at Jay Street in brooklyn heights.
 

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 31, 2001
Messages
324
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
NYC
Neither of us live in NYC, we are bothin coming into Manhattan via train. Both of us dont know the city that well... I have really only been in there for concerts and stuff.

Where in manhatten do you guys suggest we go? And hwo do you get there? Thanks!
 
Top