New driver

RiceandChicken

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright fellas. So I got my permit last week, and I am going to learn how to drive within this next 6 months. I did my first in-car lesson today, did rather good haha. Was in a parking lot, just learning how to operate the steering wheel and using the break and accelerator correctly. I still got to get better control of the steering but overall not too bad.

So any tips/advice you guys can give me so I can get decently good in around 6 months? I test in Janurary(well, I can test then). So ya, anything is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Dorchester

Don Juan
Reaction score
don't text and drive and use speaker/Bluetooth when talking. don't eat and drive, but if you must, wraps, brugers, and burritos are good non-messy driving foods. if you have a smartphone and a car mount (invest in a decent one ~$20), you don't need a GPS. Any kind of audio jack/aux connection to play music is totally worth it (a cheap tape jack or fm transmitter is <$20). be a courteous driver and go slow in construction/school zones, as these are common places to get ticketed.

The Dapper Napkin

Reaction score
And no matter how late you are, it's not worth it to speed and drive unsafe.