"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Never chat on the phone...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by thebsharp
A tip thats been told like a million times but still a good tip.
What?? The tip about having her pick up groceries and help you cook dinner (and watch you play XBox). I don't think you'll find that one in the Bible, lol :p .
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by LADawg49
Hi all, one thing I learned from the girl I was with is to never chat long time on the phone with a woman u are seeing romantically. If u do she will lose interest. I started chatting for long time on the phone after the three month period since I could only see her once a week for an hour(id have to drive 45 miles to her place and back) and thats when she started getting bored. I had many multi hour conversations with her and that mustve bored her. Even after u have the girl locked in, only chat with her on the phone to set the date and thats it. All talking can be done on the date.
I feel so sorry for all of you agreeing with this becuase it tells me you are that utterly boring.

I spoke to every girl I ever chased on the phone for extended periods of time.
 

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2003
Messages
183
Reaction score
5
You should read Anti-Dump's advice on phone calls:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=16851&highlight=phone

Also, make sure to read Sir_Chancealot's reply in that thread:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=16851&perpage=20&highlight=phone&pagenumber=3

For somebody new to the game, Anti-Dump's advice is spot on and serves as an excellent starting guide. Eventually though, you may find more effective methods may choose to modify or discard the original ideas layed forth by Anti-Dump.

Maximus_Decimus
 
Last edited:

Afrodisiac21

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
heh, this happened to me
I was dating this guy, and at first he was a big mystery, I created this image of him in my mind. Then as we talked more and more on the phone, and I started getting to know him, the attraction just dissapeared. I realized he made a better friend then a lover :rolleyes:
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by Afrodisiac21
heh, this happened to me
I was dating this guy, and at first he was a big mystery, I created this image of him in my mind. Then as we talked more and more on the phone, and I started getting to know him, the attraction just dissapeared. I realized he made a better friend then a lover :rolleyes:
It's instances like this that make me second guess the whole mystery thing. I prefer to be unpredictable and full of surprises.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I feel so sorry for all of you agreeing with this becuase it tells me you are that utterly boring.
That's what I was thinking too. I think the phone is a great way to build rapport and establish a deep connection with a woman. It's especially good to talk late at night and leave her thinking about you before she sleeps.
 

thebsharp

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
Yea, the rules are just guidelines, noone should ever follows it like your life is depended on it. If you waited too long to call or dont call at all, shes gonna forget the good memories about you. Having said that, dont talk on the phone for hours and hours about nothing, just call to say hi, chat for 5 or 10 min and wish her good night. This way she'll still have you on her mind and dont get bored of you, you should watch your tone of voice on the phone too, you want that deep seductive voice since she can only hear you so make that count.
 
Top