"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Nervous around alphas, what can I do?

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
I see other guys around who obviously still live in a AFC lifestyle, and I know I've exceeded them. But I've never been DJ-calibre. This is the first time in my life that I've tried to compete at DJ level. Going for the hotter girl, talking the talk, playing the dating game, dressing at my peak, working out... I'm living it, not just fogging up the glass in awe.

But there's always those DJ's out there who are a lot farther along, who've been natural DJs since grade school. One might dress more adventurously, one may have the nicer ride, one might have bigger muscles... Despite trying to rationalize things, telling myself "there's nothing this guy is that I can't be," I still find myself intimidated!

"Why does he have the girl?" "What does he have that I don't?" "What is he doing that I'm not?" "Does he look down on me?" This are the kinds of AFC thoughts that I'm reduced to in their presence. Nothing breaks down my confidence quicker seeing a girl getting hot over another man's game, and it never fails to remind me just how far I am from having authentic confidence.

Back when I put girls on pedestals, I would project my OWN expectations of "what is she thinking?" on them. I've overcome that, but I still do it for guys, I guess.

Resentment? Fear? I dunno. Any ideas?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
342
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Let go of your envy. Learn from these people. At least learn to act like they do. Once you understand that you can pretend to be them. Psychology of Achievement says that if you pretend to be something you will eventually become it.
 

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
358
Reaction score
3
Get that hate out cha blood playa.... nobody likes a hater.
 

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 13, 2004
Messages
729
Reaction score
4
Originally posted by FreeStyleZ
Get that hate out cha blood playa.... nobody likes a hater.
Well that was helpful. I guess the saying less is more really comes to mind when some people talk.

Good advice by Dapper, I was the same way. Everyone feels a little nervous sometime but just keep working at it. You sound like you're on the right track.
 

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Learn from them. Observe them. Wing with them.


And when the time is right... The student becomes the Master.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
fvck those other alpha guys..
you don't need them...

you continue to work on yourself and improve yourself and make yourself unique...

you live in your reality ..
do what pleases you ..
block everything else out ..
work on your progress...

"RUN YOUR OWN RACE"

you said you only just started to get into DJ game...
so chill bro...
i bet you have improved yourself more in a couple of months than you did in your entire life..
so give yourself some more time ..
and soon enough you will be a god to those other alpha guys...

if you don't know how the game already works.. then i guess it is helpful to observe what these other alpha guys do..

good luck!
 

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by JT47319
Learn from them. Observe them. Wing with them.


And when the time is right... The student becomes the Master.
I agree.
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Many, many people in here will say that the number one thing that helped them with their game is learning from an established DJ. I know I had such a "master" myself. His advice, coupled with the vast wealth of information on this site gave me the tools I needed to become who I wanted to be.

If your desire is as high as I think it is, you will have such a motivation as well to learn from these gurus. Like the others said: befriend one, two, three of them, and find out what makes them tick. Never take anything verbatim or as 100% truth, but rather piece together your own truth from the game of others until you find a system that feels right for you. Once you have that framework, you can lean back into it and feel comfortable projecting your game from a position that is natural, and not forced. Such is the way of the DJ.
 

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the advice, guys. Maybe I should be looking for an influential figure to learn from up close.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

DJD

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Good responses from all. Even before I read any of the responses to the original post, I thought, man... don't start hating on those other guys (and especially don't hate on them in front of chicks, making fun of them - it just communicates your insecurities).

I will be very honest and say that two of the guys whom I disliked most in my life were because they were everything I wanted to be and knew I wasn't. It was that they were outgoing/outspoken, popular, gregarious, bold, confident, assertive - usually the center of attention. I ultimately had to admit to myself that I was jealous of/hating on them because of those qualities.

I also will echo what many DJs said - learn what you can from them. Behavior, fashion/style, etc.
 

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 13, 2003
Messages
518
Reaction score
1
Location
MY reality
Originally posted by Six-String Samurai
If your desire is as high as I think it is, you will have such a motivation as well to learn from these gurus. Like the others said: befriend one, two, three of them, and find out what makes them tick. Never take anything verbatim or as 100% truth, but rather piece together your own truth from the game of others until you find a system that feels right for you. Once you have that framework, you can lean back into it and feel comfortable projecting your game from a position that is natural, and not forced. Such is the way of the DJ.
That is the best advice in this thread so far. :cool:
 

blitzin'

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Age
45
I agree that you should act the part of an alpha, the only thing I have to add is what type of Alpha you should act like. There is the stupid ignorant ass type who steps on others he deems lower than him to make himself look and feel superior, we'll call these guys the Pseudo- Alpha's, and then there is the real alpha the guy who's confident enough not to put others down and maintains a mature possitive outlook under all circumstances, these are the guys you want to hang with and try to be like. The Pseudo's are fake. A DJ is about confidence and being possitive, not putting other people down to make themselves look better. A real Alpha will also treat you with respect and try to help you become more possitive and confident.
 
Top