Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Neil Strauss: Marketing Ploy

Rick

Don Juan
Reaction score
Neil Strauss's Annihilation Method has become nothing but a marketing ploy. I mean, I have some respect for the guy and I did enjoy his book. He hung with PUAs who emphasize strong inner game and moreover strength of character.

But these e-mails are marketing ploys. They don't feel right either.

What the heck is with these phrases like:

"Only five people in the world know the annihilation method... besides me"

This is indicative of generating envy in people. I don't know why he would do that since he knows phrases like that trigger people that are undeserving of his "nuclear bomb."

Also, his black mirror technique story, why share that with us? We already know he's a good pickup artist - a rich man doesn't need to say he's rich. And with a great girlfriend, why would he even remotely escalate to a striptease. Isn't that a breech of trust? Doesn't that stir up negative sexual energy?

Personally, in his newsletters I feel he comes off as narcisstic and approval-seeking, and many other things.

What kind of rubbish is this whole exclusivity behind his method? The whole reason why an underground seduction community exists in the first place is because people essentially have difficulty with women. The community exists so we can all help eachother out and improve our game, and get what we could never get.

Am I the only one who feels this way about him?

Fash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Same here. I've had like 10 emails from him in the past 2 weeks!

At first I was thinking "oh ok, he is finally gonna share this with the community". Then I find out that he is going to be CHARGING for it!

Ha ha!!!!!

All those sales pitch emails suddenly make sense now. In all honesty, I've kinda lost respect for the guy...

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah..I get his crap too...pretty pathetic!...I think he thinks he can make good money off of us...:crackup:
I hope someone puts his DVDs on file sharing program...

Migel

Don Juan
Reaction score
It looks like he has just read "Marketing for dummies" and is using EVERY SINGLE TIP fom there. It looks pathetic. People have respect for him and they'll buy his product without that bull****. Everybody knows he's gonna sell more than 375 DVDs...

quickerblade

Don Juan
Reaction score
i guarantee he will say he sold out but due to high demands he will release 375 more, no resect for the guy, try to milk novice pua's for extra cash

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy is washed up, he doesn't have anything left.

His annihalition method reveals closely guarded secrets such
as the cube :eek:)

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He's just trying to get rich off his reputation...

In some ways i have respect for that, he's trying to get the cash, which ultimately is where it's at...

But he is quite frankly just a scammer at this point and i don't condone that. I still have some traces of compassion for all the poor sods out there trying to get through their day wondering why not a woman on the planet will touch them and strauss is just exploiting their weakness.

In a way it's their own damn fault for being so stupid. A lot of strauss' customers are just looking for the magical solution because they are to lazy to do the work involved as is advocated on this site. But that doesn't make it 'right' to exploit them.

Rick

Don Juan
Reaction score
Neil Strauss worked very closely with Mystery, which leads me to believe one thing: The Annihilation Method is probably a method derived off the Mystery method. I could easily be wrong about this, but with the way Neil conveys himself in public and discusses The Game, he uses a lot of terminology that is strongly used with the Mystery Method.

I think the only real person I can have utmost respect for are Juggler, Zan & Mystery.

Look at only375.com. He's selling it for 3779 bucks.

That means: 3779 x 375 = $1,417,125.

HEY GUYS. The community is going to make him a millionaire! Plus his books? Oh man, it doesn't even end there!

I am strongly opposed to his work now.

milrenkb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rick said:
Neil Strauss worked very closely with Mystery, which leads me to believe one thing: The Annihilation Method is probably a method derived off the Mystery method. I could easily be wrong about this, but with the way Neil conveys himself in public and discusses The Game, he uses a lot of terminology that is strongly used with the Mystery Method.

I'll look into it. Expect my report in a month

Migel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a secret insight into the The Annihilation Method! Don't ask me how I did it but here I am to tell you the secret. Only 2039 people can view this, after that I will erase this post.

Are you ready for the Annihilation Method?

Remember this will change your life...

The Annihilation Method:
1. get a life
2. be social
3. be a man
combined with "the cube" and you're good to go.

quickerblade

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Knew Guy said:
hes selling it for 4000 dollars....

and all his stupid emails reek of marketing phrases. that selfish faggot can suck a ****.
couldnt have said it better myself

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I signed up for the Emails cuz I respected Neil Strauss after transforming his life. but now, seeing that he is just trying to milk the community for more fame and money, I've lost respect. I have no desire to get the annihilation method, you can thank Pook's advice for that :)

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys wouldn't you see that there's a LOT of money in this? People are faced with either being with someone or not and that GENERALLY means that the guy has to be the one to approach.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that this area was pretty low-key until recently. This stuff has been around, but now its being publicized more than ever and guys like him can make big dollars from guys who feel the "tension" in this area of life.

I don't blame the guy for wanting to make money to live, but poor marketing tactics that basically lead to "buy this product" is in poor taste and DEFINITELY impacts their creditability. One other good example of this is of course David D., even when watching his programs he talks about all his other programs and how they all magically work together. Even though a lot of his stuff I've been finding is just a conglomeration of everything he has "appeared" to have read.

The thought did hit me though was that eventhough these guys market their stuff trying to get money out of other men, that doesn't mean they don't have good vital knowledge in the things they sell. Personally I've noticed an improvement in myself and eventhough these guys try to cram buying their crap down your throat, I still see how what they present is starting to be a great resource just as this site is. Although I find it hard to justify the cost of it when so many books out there go for cheaper and do just as good a job.

Gotta wonder how many of these guys are professors and researchers that actually have the recources to come up with fundamental truths. I'm going to say that they were just AFC's or good PUA's trying to get other men to their level of game. Not such a bad idea is it?

Lovesorrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rick said:
Neil Strauss's Annihilation Method has become nothing but a marketing ploy. I mean, I have some respect for the guy and I did enjoy his book. He hung with PUAs who emphasize strong inner game and moreover strength of character.

But these e-mails are marketing ploys. They don't feel right either.

What the heck is with these phrases like:

"Only five people in the world know the annihilation method... besides me"

This is indicative of generating envy in people. I don't know why he would do that since he knows phrases like that trigger people that are undeserving of his "nuclear bomb."

Also, his black mirror technique story, why share that with us? We already know he's a good pickup artist - a rich man doesn't need to say he's rich. And with a great girlfriend, why would he even remotely escalate to a striptease. Isn't that a breech of trust? Doesn't that stir up negative sexual energy?

Personally, in his newsletters I feel he comes off as narcisstic and approval-seeking, and many other things.

What kind of rubbish is this whole exclusivity behind his method? The whole reason why an underground seduction community exists in the first place is because people essentially have difficulty with women. The community exists so we can all help eachother out and improve our game, and get what we could never get.

Am I the only one who feels this way about him?
Yeah mate, you´ve read my mind. I agree with you.
I have just unsubscribed to his newsletter as it was bothering me with his "Ultra powerful method that only 5 people in the world know". :down:

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as I know, Strauss is still a freelance writer. This means that he does not have a regular income. Even a book like The Game that sells reasonably well will only peak during its initial release, then taper off. Distributors, agents and the tax man get the usual slices of any revenue.

It sounds like he's doing a hard-sell with his seduction property, which is unfortunate because this approach will backfire. This kind of advice only sells when the paying students respect the expert. Seems like that respect has fizzled for the above posters. You should tell him personally to lay off the buzz words and keep it real.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just don't know it makes me angy why don't he just have a workshop like everybody else just help them he doen't have to seduce everywoman just help like mystery badboy juggler and everyboyd else do

quickerblade

Don Juan
Reaction score
his a made man now, i honestly cant believe that these guys forked over almost US$4000 for a set of dvd's...

Gungnir

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like Strauss is turning himself into a Marketing Guru :confused:

On a more serious note: You'd have to have rocks in your head to buy those DVDs . . .or be an avid collector of PUA/Seduction material :crackup: