Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Negging is emotional abuse

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All,

A friendly reminder that negging is emotional abuse.

The media wants men to stop being leaders. The media wants us to stop negging.

The first time I met the woman who was to be my wife, I immediately negged her. I wasn’t even trying to get her. She ended up marrying me, so I don’t think she minded the negging.

Around that time, my soon-to-be wife was getting phone numbers from male passengers every few days. None of them negged her.

Never stop being a man. Never apologize for being a man. Ignore the media’s constant propaganda against men

That is all.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once read an interesting article about negging and the so called bad boy. It said that in elementary school the boys don't mind negging the girls and that's where the seed is planted.

It's a thin line between negging and teasing. It can show you won't put her on a pedestal just like that, and when done subtle you can transfer negging into teasing, innuendo.

Basically a little negging can be a move in your arsenal, bit like every move you gotta know when and how to throw it.

I read the article and I feel.like the writer is very negative about it. When women do it it's called testing, amd that can take various forms. Still we as men try to teach each other to stay aloof and accept its female nature.

I think the key word here is "playfully ".

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Negging is for weak minded individuals. It’s basically reverse physiology when you feel threatened.

Teasing is ok but should be used sparingly and for sexual escalation.

don’t confuse **** testing with disrespect, if a women is negging you it’s disrespectful and you should walk the other way.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Negging is for weak minded individuals.
It depends on how you use it; If you use it in a teasing fashion it isn't bad and the receiving counter part will also understand it as such.
Thus it will have the desired effect which it is meant to be.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All,

A friendly reminder that negging is emotional abuse.

The media wants men to stop being leaders. The media wants us to stop negging.

The first time I met the woman who was to be my wife, I immediately negged her. I wasn’t even trying to get her. She ended up marrying me, so I don’t think she minded the negging.

Around that time, my soon-to-be wife was getting phone numbers from male passengers every few days. None of them negged her.

Never stop being a man. Never apologize for being a man. Ignore the media’s constant propaganda against men

That is all.
Remember the two week shutdown to flatten the curve? 3 ****ing years later.

Double down on the opposite of what mainstream is pedaling.

Btc to 0. Tesla bankruptcy. Sky is falling. Monkey pox.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Negging is a technique from "The Game" and "Mystery Method" that has not aged well. Women became too hip to negging and it has lost some amount of effectiveness.

Roosh declared the neg dead in 2011.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Negging is not dead nor is it emotionally abusive. I mean, give me a break. Seriously. You do need to know how to use it properly though as it can create big attraction and give you big separation vs the 99% of the other guys who are basically overly nice guys and as* kissers.

You don't insult her like a jackass, you use it as a playful tease. Examples:

Me: What's your sign? Her: Virgo. Me: Oh, crap. That's a bad sign. And I thought this was going well too. Well, ok. Let me order another drink then. (look down and playfully shake your head in disapproval, then smile).

Me: (To the server) Bring us an order of raw oysters please. (To my date) Oysters, though tasty, are also an aphrodisiac so don't get any ideas. I'm a naïve Midwestern boy...and I see the way you're looking at me. If I have to defend myself, I fight dirty just so you know (then smile).

I have others and many are based on something she says. Humor and playful teasing are big turn on's for most girls as it establishes you as the dominant one and that you DGAF, another big turn on. Use it like hot sauce; a little goes a long way but overdo it and you'll ruin the interaction. Keep in mind the VAST majority of guys are weak, overly cautious simps.

Have some balls and tease her a little.

Ciao.
~Dash

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Negging is not dead nor is it emotionally abusive. I mean, give me a break. Seriously. You do need to know how to use it properly though as it can create big attraction and give you big separation vs the 99% of the other guys who are basically overly nice guys and as* kissers.

You don't insult her like a jackass, you use it as a playful tease. Examples:

Me: What's your sign? Her: Virgo. Me: Oh, crap. That's a bad sign. And I thought this was going well too. Well, ok. Let me order another drink then. (look down and playfully shake your head in disapproval, then smile).

Me: (To the server) Bring us an order of raw oysters please. (To my date) Oysters, though tasty, are also an aphrodisiac so don't get any ideas. I'm a naïve Midwestern boy...and I see the way you're looking at me. If I have to defend myself, I fight dirty just so you know (then smile).

I have others and many are based on something she says. Humor and playful teasing are big turn on's for most girls as it establishes you as the dominant one and that you DGAF, another big turn on. Use it like hot sauce; a little goes a long way but overdo it and you'll ruin the interaction. Keep in mind the VAST majority of guys are weak, overly cautious simps.

Have some balls and tease her a little.

Ciao.
~Dash
I think the whole misunderstanding with negging is due to it's name.... It should have just been called playful teasing....

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My daughter just hit her head hard when she was in my wife’s care.

i was naturally ambivalent - kids hit their heads all the time. It’s the cost of life.

she seemed to feel guilty, so she has just aimed a broadside at me, criticising my physique among other things.

this was not a sh*t test, it was her feeling guilty and trying to shift blame back on me.

i told her that’s what she was doing. She told me to stop vaping and drinkng wine and I told her to stick it up her ****

she went to sleep and I’m still vaping and drinking wine.

This is how you deal with it: carry on regardless. Their threats rarely mean anything

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP's wife is/was a flight attendant. Certain professions take to negging more than others.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the whole misunderstanding with negging is due to it's name.... It should have just been called playful teasing....
Agree. I think most successful negging is done by guys who aren't even thinking of it as negging. Guys who think about negging are often being too insulting.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
When I first heard negging labeled as such I said to myself “why have they relabeled flirting?!?! - facking millennials…”

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only neg/tease women who are sassy and sarcastic. And only gently. I learned the hard way to tread very carefully.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
It truly is fascinating that one can parrot back exactly what a woman has said to you and that she gets offended. They really often have zero recall of what comes out of their mouths or how it can affect the listener. Just mind-boggling.

Serenity

Reaction score
Negging is a complicated topic, there's a lot of nuance as in good and bad ways to go about it. Many guys who just heard about the concept of negging and tries to implement it takes way too far immediately and instead of negging it's just straight up being offensive, rude and insulting.

Negging is a play, it's supposed to be fun, even for the one being negged. It shouldn't be done without decent social calibration.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree humor, playful teasing, banter, negging are huge turn ons! But disagree it indicates a DGAF attitude.

It indicates the opposite otherwise you wouldn't be teasing/flirting/negging in the first place. You wouldn't bother.

That's always how I've interpreted anyway, and I've always been right, every single time. :)
If I were on a date with you, I would do all those things but would do it in a way that conveyed that I wasn’t quite “sold” on you yet. I think the “I’m all-in vibe that most men broadcast is an attraction killer.
The idea is, yes, I’m spending time with you and consider you a possibility, but you need to demonstrate that you’re worth my time. Until then, I’m demonstrating a little reserve.
That has been my formula for success.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Playful teasing is absolute must. It creates strong attraction. If that counts as "negging" - then I am all for it. More intense negging, where it is not completely clear that you are joking, can also work very well on some women and terribly on others. In our society, many women are much more sensitive than they used to be and this can backfire more often than it works. One thing is absolute - never "neg" on a woman's physical appearance. I have never seen this work out favorably even when you are clearly joking.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Negging is a technique from "The Game" and "Mystery Method" that has not aged well. Women became too hip to negging and it has lost some amount of effectiveness.

Roosh declared the neg dead in 2011.
I agree with you but the execution is weak these days.

A neg in 2022 is ghosting after sex or a throater. It was supposed to keep a woman keen acknowledging her **** stinks. Modern women aren't feminine so they are responding in a masculine manner.

Personally I prefer to troll. For example, you run into a fat as ****kkkk skank from the past, say hello. Tell her she looks great. Ask her where is she working out?

Jersey shore talk works. Call her bro. Let her know she's like one of the boys. Act as such. Not acknowledging her on a feminine Level works wonders.

Trolling as a hobby ftw!

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ability to playfully tease your date is either in your DNA or it's not.

I was doing it -- and getting laid a lot -- long before I knew it even had a name. Then, when I started reading from some of the original and early dating coaches like Doc Love, David DeAngelo, and Swingcat, they all touted it and called it by different names; mainly negging and co*cky and funny.

It DOES communicate an IDGAF attitude because even with playful teasing, you run a small risk of her getting her panties in a bind because she has no sense of humor. It's kind of a s*hit test on my end; Let's see how you react to some playful teasing. If she gets all pis*sed off I really DGAF because she's too uptight for me, so it's next batter up girlie.

I have seen guys painfully try to tease a woman when their personality is just not conducive to it. It's like watching a goldfish trying to hit a 90 MPH fastball. Cringe worthy. Most guys who are good at it are naturals and are outgoing, funny, observant, and charismatic.