Need some help w/ program modification

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions colossus... hehe, unfortunately, those of us in the healthcare areas, especially high acuity areas, have "issues" w/ diet due to our career choice. Once I'm a CRNA, I'd hate to have to do anesthesia for one of those ENT procedures, that take like 18 hours...

As far as the ideas you're suggesting I like the idea of DLing 1-2x/month and focusing on erector spinae/prosterior chain and heavy ab work. I know this combined w/ squat "specialization" will really help to bring up my deads. I'm a bit lost on the heavy ab work... any suggestions/links you can provide other than the exercise w/ the roman chair?

A couple of questions regarding good mornings. I deadlift w/ a very narrow stance. Like my feet are only 6-7 inches apart. I think I find this natural because my abductor/adductors are weak. Perhaps I'll be able to use a wider stance one my lower back is stronger. How wide should my stance be for good mornings? Also, is back extension a good accessory lower back exercise? For me, the hardest part of a deadlift is in the "blast off" phase... simply getting it off the ground. Once I've cleared the weight a certain height, my lower back takes over and I can usually muscle it up. I think squatting heavy will really help this... any suggestions on improving this part of the lift?

DnB, I tried some box squats today ... was quite humbled! It'll take a little while for my nervous system to get used to them. I definitely like them though. How high should the box be? The box I was using was pretty low... when I was sitting down it was slightly below parallel. You can see my numbers on my work out log... thanks again for the clarification/suggestions.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How high should the box be? The box I was using was pretty low... when I was sitting down it was slightly below parallel.
Start with a box that is parallel or slightly higher, this will allow you to pile on the weights. As you get stronger and more experienced lower the box. Or...start with a weight that doesnt fluctuate and lift it at different box levels.