Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need input on promotion

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok... I have always pushed myself in everything I’ve ever done and when I started at this job dreamed of going as far as possible. I am at year 18 in my current career and have a great job. I manage 4 different offices that run themselves. I can travel between these offices... make my own schedule... work from home when the weather is garbage. My job pays 6 figures... I have time to work out 2 hours a day... and play golf 3-5 times a week. My boss leaves me alone but has recently started mentioning that he is probably going to get promoted soon. He has been telling me he wants me to take his place and has been pitching me to his higher ups. He has complained to me several times about how stressful his job is and wished he still had the position I have. He works 12 plus hours most days... is constantly expected to travel and is pretty much on call at all times. Is there anything wrong with saying no thanks... and turning down a promotion?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Ok... I have always pushed myself in everything I’ve ever done and when I started at this job dreamed of going as far as possible. I am at year 18 in my current career and have a great job. I manage 4 different offices that run themselves. I can travel between these offices... make my own schedule... work from home when the weather is garbage. My job pays 6 figures... I have time to work out 2 hours a day... and play golf 3-5 times a week. My boss leaves me alone but has recently started mentioning that he is probably going to get promoted soon. He has been telling me he wants me to take his place and has been pitching me to his higher ups. He has complained to me several times about how stressful his job is and wished he still had the position I have. He works 12 plus hours most days... is constantly expected to travel and is pretty much on call at all times. Is there anything wrong with saying no thanks... and turning down a promotion?
No, nothing wrong with it at all. Just let him know you are happy with where you are at. However...your new boss may handle your situation differently than him so be prepared for things to change with how you are doing things as well...

The cushy lifestyle and work/life balance may change drastically and not in your favor. Or maybe he will be similar to your old boss. Likely he will be on top of you more for at least 6-12 months until he becomes comfortable with you and your production. Just food for thought.

Last edited:

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's strange.
Turning down a promotion? When I honestly don’t need the money, the stress, can do pretty much anything I want ? Maybe if I had a family... it would be a hard choice but I have no reason to participate in the rat race....

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't turn it down, but let the hiring committee sell you on WHY you would take the promotion. Could be your boss is not as organized as you could be...could you structure your days to be less hectic? Do you have the managerial talent to do that?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with it, as you have valid reasons. Feeling scared, overwhelmed, or intimidated are not good reasons. So then the following question begs to be asked:

Why exactly are you considering turning down this promotion?

It sounds like you are a go-getter and driven. Sounds like a pretty solid promotion and a chance to continue growing. And the worst-case scenario, the credentials alone would help you down the line should you want to move on to another company.

I'd say it'd be a wasted opportunity on many levels. But that is my humble opinion.

Modern Man Advice