NEED HELP! Going on a trip with HB7 and didn't get free from my job!

Target_100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to Vietnam on wednesday, and I had taken time off from my job, but for some reason my boss havent gotten my mail where i said when I was going so he haven't arranged for someone to do my job when I am gone!

So he says I can't go!

DEMN! The plane tickets were *expensive* and HB7 have payed for hers too! And I've always wanted to see Vietnam!

I know for sure theres no way I can get off my job, so I am planning on calling in sick on tuesday. I'm going to my doctor and say that I have a depression because of someone dying, my father being an alcoholic and beating up my mom, my long term girlfriend dumping me, and that I cant sleep, have no apetite etc etc.

I use a car at work so it could be dangerous to drive cause I haven't gotten any sleep.

I Need for him to take me off my job at least for one week.

I am quite sure the depression is the best way, because I can probably fake that pretty good. I am planning on staying up long so that i look tired.

Any help here would be *greatly* appreciated!

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your boss will figure if you did email him, your email should have a copy of sent messages, prove it to him.

Youll probably get sacked.

Target_100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had som problems with my mail, as I use the free ziplip...

I'f I start bugging him about the emails, then I cant go to the doctor cause he will figure it out!

Please give me some tips on what to say, or any other illness that I can fake. As I see it now, depression is probably the best one.

[look]aRhino

Don Juan
Reaction score
He'll figure it out anyway.

This isn't grade school anymore, if you ask for time off, and he says no, and then all of a sudden you're depressed and need to take a week off, he can put two and two together.

Decide whats more important to you. If this is just a job, then maybe the trip is better, if this is a career then maybe you shouldn't go.

I suggest talking to the boss, and if the trip is really important to you, put your foot down. Be prepared to leave.

Rhino

MrBond007

Banned
Reaction score
Usually a boss will be comprehensive of such things. If hes not then the job is prolly not worth it anyway.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come into your boss' office. Smash your face on his desk, wreck his furniture, stab yourself with his pen in the chest, cut yourself on window glass and as the security enters the room on your knees embrace your boss to make sure that you get your blood on his clean clothes and start begging "please, sir , please!". He'll be sure to give you your vacation and then some.

- Not suggested for use in real life

Target_100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think he could fire me because I could be sick for real, even tho it looks strange. He is pleased with my performance on my job, and I have only taken two days off in more than two years.

Can I go to one doctor, and if he doesnt get me off for a week then go to anotherone and ask him the same? Or are they linked up on computers and see that I have been to another one?

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This situation is no different then any other situation where you would apply the knowledge you learned about being DJ.

It really depends how important this is to you, personnally, and I maybe have a habit of doing this, but as soon as things start taking a wrong turn in a job, I start looking for a new one.

This way, I'll still have the patience to see if things work out, and the backup plan in case they don't.

If you gave your boss a fair warning, there is no reason why he shouldn't have been able to cover your shifts.

So, unless this is a really important job to you, you're best bet would probably be to quit and enjoy the trip.

Target_100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just keep telling myself that I could have been sick for real, and everything that would have happened if it was true is going to happen now. I can give you some feedback when I get back if you'd like to know what happens at the doctors office.