Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need advice: Meeting a Girl Abroad...with conflict in the air

akindofblue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never imagined I'd be in this position, but I rather innoculously met a girl from Romania on the net. We talked for a number of months, and gradually I began to see what an incredible girl she was, how much we had in common, and how much fun it was chatting with her. I dated several girls over this period of time, and none of them measured up.

Our conversation grew more intimate, and she admitted she really like me and asked me to visit her. I agreed.

Now here I stand, on the brink of my plane leaving, and she tells me that a week ago she met someone new, that he's intelligent, and that she likes like him a lot. Now I'm pissed off, but I really don't know how to play this. No doubt she also liked me. She talked about being nervous about me meeting her parents, on numerous occasions she'd comment on my looks, on my knowing so much about her homeland.

And perhaps that's just it. It's her homeland, and this guy is from there. Huge advantage on his part. Then again, I'm sure I make him look like a thin weakling, but I really don't know how much that matters.

I've told her that I really don't care about him, as I came to see her, not him.

But I'm really lost as to how to approach this. Being overly confrontational or even bringing the subject up before meeting her is a very bad idea, I think.

I'm guessing my best bet is playing it confident when I meet her, to take some risks, and realize that there is nothing to lose. I'm not going to get dumped into the friendship corner over this. No doubt she had feelings for me, though again, in Romania (with my very weak grasp of the language) and seeing as how this guy is from her home town, I've got the odds stacked against me. She did say that she wants to go to grad school in the US, but that's all I've got as far as logistics go.

Whatever. I ain't going out without a :box: , though hopefully a smart one. The plane ticket is non-refundable, so that's out.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Face to face contact is more powerful than e-mails --- women go on that site because they have no better alternative but now she has an alternative -- you are in trouble!! Try to hook up with other girls there -- talk to an agency that does this!!

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me ask u a very important question? Are u romanian?? If your Romanian than you have a good shot of getting this girl. A lot of these girls from eastern european countries want a guy from america.

If your not Romanian your screwed. Don't waste your time on this girl. This girls parents expect her to marry romanian guy and she will probably leave u for this other guy.

Ricco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful this could be one of those internet scams. Have you talked to her on the phone? or sent anything by mail to her.

pressure0354

Don Juan
Reaction score
the worst that could happen is you visit Romania and see some amazing stuff.

Thugo

Banned
Reaction score
Ricco said:
Be careful this could be one of those internet scams. Have you talked to her on the phone? or sent anything by mail to her.
They are going to kidnap him and use him in the sex slave trade!

Reaction score
Thugo said:
They are going to kidnap him and use him in the sex slave trade!
Haha, you are starting to sound like me with the whimsical one liners! I would add a rolly eyes emoticon for a greater sarcastic effect- like this...

They are going to kidnap him and use him in the sex slave trade!:rolleyes:

See the difference?

Thugo

Banned
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
Haha, you are starting to sound like me with the whimsical one liners! I would add a rolly eyes emoticon for a greater sarcastic effect- like this...

They are going to kidnap him and use him in the sex slave trade!:rolleyes:

See the difference?

I wasn't really being sarcastic. Meeting a girl online, and flying to another country to meet her?

Who KNOWS what kind of things "she" has planned on the other end!

Sound sketchy as hell. No way I'd do it. How desperate do you have to be?

Reaction score
Now that I think about it you are right - going with an organized planned group is better! There are no men slave trades though - but still could be dangerous to trust strangers in a strange land - you don't know who you are talking to.