Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need a new job!

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I make minimum wage at the mall, working in retail. Fun job, but I want to finance a car, and move out before next Christmas.

Recommend me ANY job where I can make good money. I'm 18, and I'm mobile cuz I drive.I'm considered busy restaurants so I can make bank off of tips.. any ideas?

JC9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Waiter can be a very good job depending on the restaurant. If you go that route, pick something with ~ $8 - $10 plate meals that has quick turnaround.

A lot of people try to go the route of the high class restaurant, but even though you get better tips per table you end up with less tables over the course of your shift.

I'd recommend getting into sales though. It fits nicely into the DJ mentality, and if you start young you can work yourself into a hell of a nice career.

Lookup job fairs in your city, most of them will have some entry level sales jobs. Work one of those for a few years and then transition into selling a bit higher level product.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JC9 said:
Waiter can be a very good job depending on the restaurant. If you go that route, pick something with ~ $8 - $10 plate meals that has quick turnaround.

A lot of people try to go the route of the high class restaurant, but even though you get better tips per table you end up with less tables over the course of your shift.

I'd recommend getting into sales though. It fits nicely into the DJ mentality, and if you start young you can work yourself into a hell of a nice career.

Lookup job fairs in your city, most of them will have some entry level sales jobs. Work one of those for a few years and then transition into selling a bit higher level product.
Any examples?

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely in agreement on the waiting tables thing, especially at a high-volume restaurant.
Great way to earn better than min wage, and definitely good for polishing the ol' social skills.
One hint: think hard about how you'd like to be treated as a customer, and do exactly that for the patrons at your table.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
u could get a job at chotchkies but u hafta wear at least 15 pieces of flair

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have retail experience, and someone suggested sales, so try retail sales. There are many jobs that are base + commission. I'd start by looking at stores that sell items that you know the most about or that represent your own hobies and interests. If you keep building on sales skills, these skills will help you get other jobs later in life. Every business involves sales at some level, and employers like to hire people who are experienced at talking the customer out of his money.

Waiting tables can also make you money, but keep in mind that you often have to start out as lower-level kitchen staff like cook or dishwasher to get restaurant experience. AF worked at a fancy restaurant as a waiter, and I read the training guide they gave him. It's mostly about your sales skills. You make about twice as much money as a waiter if you can convince people to order alcohol and dessert.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98371&highlight="assume+sale"

shydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why dont u try acting?? Move on to hollywood and sign up for couple of audition, who knows maybe someone will take u! And u will make good cash for acting in theaters! And if u get to be in the commercials, thats where the real cash comes up. Then u can act and do whatever u want, like fix cars, race, or whatever u do. And try working waiter like JC9 said. My bro used to work here in NEW YORK, he made about 150$ a day plus tips. It is hard being a waiter though.