Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Navy Seals Training Program

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My assistant princable is an ex marine... Supposidly there have been classes of 100s of seals that have all dropped out... this is easily believable.

I know rangers live for 8 weeks with 1 vaccumed packed meal per day and 4 hours of sleep tops.

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WHOA WHOA WHOA... you just said you'd "go through it"? LOL yeah right, you have no idea what these guys go through... They litterally have to be on the edge of being a physco.

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Raven125
WHOA WHOA WHOA... you just said you'd "go through it"? LOL yeah right, you have no idea what these guys go through... They litterally have to be on the edge of being a physco.
Yeah...they're pushing the human mind and body to the limits...

BringUrGreenHat

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is quite difficult for a person like me to go to a pool everday, or anyday for that matter, except for the summer. I instead replaced that with biking and it has worked for me.

It is obvious that the training won't work for everybody, due to circumstances. But it is a low equipment based program and it works very well. I myself have tried to stay on the program for as long as I can with my schedule.

Cheers to anyone who can complete the whole thing :p

Triangle Choke

Don Juan
Reaction score
I completed this workout a long time ago. You think thats tough? Check out LT Stew Smith's book "Official Guide to Navy SEAL Fitness" and try his "12 Weeks to BUD/S" workout. The posted workout (basically the BUD/S Warning Order) is a cakewalk compared to the Lieutenant's routine. I have the book right in front of me.. here's a sample workout from the book. From the last three days of Week 7:

Pull ups:
Regular grip 2x7
Reverse grip 2x7
Close grip 2x7
Wide grip 2x7
Mountain climbers 2x7

Pushups:
Regular 2x30
Tricep (diamond) 2x20
Wide 2x30
Dive Bomber 2x30

Dips 2x25
Arm haulers: 3x50
8 count bodybuilders: 2x20

Max pushups in 2 minutes. Max situps in 2 minutes. Max pullups. (consecutively)

Abs Super Set x 2: 60 regular situps, 50 4-way crunches, 60 leg levers, 150 flutter kicks, 100 half situps.

Running: 5 mile timed run

Swimming: 1 mile with fins

Friday:

Run 6 miles.

Saturday: Run 4 miles
15 sets of the following:

20 pushups
20 abs of choice
100 meter swim

Run 3 miles.

Now how does that sound?

It may sound impossible, but it certainly isn't. It can be done and it has been done (I've done it and I know people who have as well). And thats only a small fraction of what the guys at BUD/S endure every single day.

Empera

Reaction score
dont expect any strength gains though. and there is just an outside chance that you may develop any significant amount of hypertrophy.

it's more aimed towards muscular endurance and aerobic endurance.

Triangle Choke

Don Juan
Reaction score
So? I'm way more concerned about preparing myself for BUD/S than I am hypertrophy. Regardless, I'm still a big guy. I currently weigh 221 pounds.

Coolage

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what kind of diet do you guys go on with this?

I have been trying to complete it and I am just not getting enough calories in a day. I know I usually eat healthy

Last edited:

djtdot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So will this program give any strength gains? I know it will do a world of good for endurance. Right now I am in pretty bad shape, though I still have strength and some shape from my lifting days(I stopped a few months ago), I usually go once a week with my friends and I can still lift more than them even though my protein intake is close to zero(not literally, its very less compared to what I used to have earlier) . My problem is that my bf has increased quite a bit and my endurance sucks. I want to shed that fat, increase endurance and then start lifting weights regularly in Sept when my university starts again and I will have access to the gym. Right now I just have access to a pool, treadmill and a lat pull down machine. I just wanna increase my strength, if I become big its ok, if I don't I don't care BUT I wanna increase strength as much as possible. So will this spartan routine of running, swimming, pushups, pullups and situps help me?

I am not going to EXACTLY follow the routine coz I am pretty sure my body won't be able to take the punishment so I will ease into it.

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Triangle Choke said:
I completed this workout a long time ago. You think thats tough? Check out LT Stew Smith's book "Official Guide to Navy SEAL Fitness" and try his "12 Weeks to BUD/S" workout. The posted workout (basically the BUD/S Warning Order) is a cakewalk compared to the Lieutenant's routine. I have the book right in front of me.. here's a sample workout from the book. From the last three days of Week 7:

Pull ups:
Regular grip 2x7
Reverse grip 2x7
Close grip 2x7
Wide grip 2x7
Mountain climbers 2x7

Pushups:
Regular 2x30
Tricep (diamond) 2x20
Wide 2x30
Dive Bomber 2x30

Dips 2x25
Arm haulers: 3x50
8 count bodybuilders: 2x20

Max pushups in 2 minutes. Max situps in 2 minutes. Max pullups. (consecutively)

Abs Super Set x 2: 60 regular situps, 50 4-way crunches, 60 leg levers, 150 flutter kicks, 100 half situps.

Running: 5 mile timed run

Swimming: 1 mile with fins

Friday:

Run 6 miles.

Saturday: Run 4 miles
15 sets of the following:

20 pushups
20 abs of choice
100 meter swim

Run 3 miles.

Now how does that sound?

It may sound impossible, but it certainly isn't. It can be done and it has been done (I've done it and I know people who have as well). And thats only a small fraction of what the guys at BUD/S endure every single day.
Now that sounds like a better workout to work towards. I remember the first time I heard of the NS workout, I laughed knowing I could do better already.

Thanks

g g g unit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1 thing about the navy seals is that they have a 80% dropout rate in the first 24 hours. Now thats some tough sh1t.

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are into this kind of training try www.crossfit.com. Its along the same lines and its pretty big in the Special Ops community. The workouts are fast and intense. Its mainly for athletic performance. I used to do them before I decided I just cared about looking good.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lt dan said:
i agree with you that running gets easier, but how do you motivate yourself to go run. thats very hard for me
the best thing would be to get a partner that's faster than you, if u can't find one, i'd say music.

and i know wut u mean, cause i was in cross country last year, and i would have never even ran 3 miles if i wasn't running with my buddies.

fitvin

Reaction score
Mr Plow said:
Damn my calves get sore after running, I gotta learn to run 10 miles in under an hour, has anybody here had experience in long running in fast times.
Mr Plow: that's a very impressive time for anyone...when do you have to accomplish this by?

I would recommend getting on a standard half marathon plan. Although the half marathon event is longer (13.1 miles instead of 10), they typically last several months at a time and one would be great for getting you started.

Regarding your calf soreness -- just like any movement you haven't been doing frequently, the muscles you're using to run are just getting used to the action. The key here is not giving up, if you run through the calf soreness if should be gone within the first few weeks.

But remember: training to run such a long distance at such a quick pace basically destroys any chance of putting on serious mass.

Hope it helps,
Kevin

DonutMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesnt seem to awful, except for the running and swimming. But thats how you get the ABS that the ladies love. Burning off all that extra fat. Of course you also have to watch what you eat.

Mr Plow

Banned
Reaction score
fitvin said:
Mr Plow: that's a very impressive time for anyone...when do you have to accomplish this by?

I would recommend getting on a standard half marathon plan. Although the half marathon event is longer (13.1 miles instead of 10), they typically last several months at a time and one would be great for getting you started.

Regarding your calf soreness -- just like any movement you haven't been doing frequently, the muscles you're using to run are just getting used to the action. The key here is not giving up, if you run through the calf soreness if should be gone within the first few weeks.

But remember: training to run such a long distance at such a quick pace basically destroys any chance of putting on serious mass.

Hope it helps,
Kevin
Sure that's sound advice :), I don't feel the soreness during the run which is very lucky, only afterwards, I also need a degree of mass for what I am trying to go into.

Will check out these marathon plans, google sounds like a good bet.

jaaku

Reaction score
nice workout. I think it'll replace the one I have now, seeing as it's cheaper, and being a student on a budget, I need my money.

Ok, for those who said BS and other such things. Remember, this is for basic. After basic training, it gets even harder. My friend is a member of the Canadian armed forces (i can't even get into reserves right now due to medical issues), however, it's a solid workout. Endurance is more important than looking good. Even when you're just out to get women.

More endurance in bed is better than being a muscle man and getting tired after 10 minutes :p