Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My ultimate dream is to move to NYC

M

member159871

For some reason I just can’t stop having dreams about NYC. My goal is to move there next summer and try to make it in my music career, as well as live the party lifestyle and hang with social elites and models. It just seems like what I want to do in my 20’s. What do you all think? Does that kind of lifestyle get boring after a while?

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason I just can’t stop having dreams about NYC. My goal is to move there next summer and try to make it in my music career, as well as live the party lifestyle and hang with social elites and models. It just seems like what I want to do in my 20’s. What do you all think? Does that kind of lifestyle get boring after a while?
Man, your troll game is getting weak. You need to add more models on Instagram.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Change your dream then. It's a great city to visit but I'd never want to live there.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Do it. It’s the city of greatness.
As long as you are OK to live with roommates in a tiny apartment and eat ramen noodles then sure...

The funniest reactions are the people who live there that go to other places and are shocked that normal houses have lawns and backyards and not just a bunch of concrete...

Suave88

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you do look like a troll in that yellow diver suit.

M

member159871

As long as you are OK to live with roommates in a tiny apartment and eat ramen noodles then sure...

The funniest reactions are the people who live there that go to other places and are shocked that normal houses have lawns and backyards and not just a bunch of concrete...
I mean to be fair there’s affordable housing options in Brooklyn or Queens, or even in New Jersey. I don’t have to live right in Manhattan.

I could also rent a short term apartment in Manhattan if I wanted.

Suave88

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, dont go to that city.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't NYC kinda dead? The whole social thing changed due to bad policies and the pandemic. The next NYC is elsewhere.
NYC dead? Hahahahaha! There are construction cranes on every block.

LOL. It’s amazing the rumors that people hear.

My office is in NYC. Most of us live in the boroughs, Jersey, Long Island, or Connecticut. I live walking distance to the commuter train. We have grass, parking, and quiet here. Just 1 hour ride and I’m in NYC.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
NYC dead? Hahahahaha! There are construction cranes on every block.

LOL. It’s amazing the rumors that people hear.

My office is in NYC. Most of us live in the boroughs, Jersey, Long Island, or Connecticut. I live walking distance to the commuter train. We have grass, parking, and quiet here. Just 1 hour ride and I’m in NYC.
An hour commute...that's my whole point. You waste two hours a day(minimum) going back and forth to work. You may think that's normal, I assure you it is not.

No thanks.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean to be fair there’s affordable housing options in Brooklyn or Queens, or even in New Jersey. I don’t have to live right in Manhattan.
How can a city of 8 million people be dead? That city never sleeps. It's a hot spot. Don't let the media fool you.
It’s not. There are over 25 million people within 2 hours of NYC. Some people commute from pretty far, including Philly and Eastern PA.

Jersey is dope. All the cool folks live here.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No one is required to go in anymore post-COVID-19. I only go in to fvck around in the city.

People who live here understand. Anything and everything you could ever want is in NYC metro.
Yeah for 5 times as much as other places.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I visited NYC 3 months ago. That city was the furthest thing from being dead. It's comical anyone would think NYC is dead. Go to NYC for one day and come back on here and tell me it's dead
It's never dead, it's just expensive and always crowded.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
LOL. That’s such cap. The only difference vs. other places is housing prices. We also have higher salaries.
There is no way.

Based on actual numbers just not guestimates by people here, NYC is the most expensive place to live in the US. That is by looking at everything.

Housing, utilities, restaurants(130% more than US average), grocery cost($477 on average, more than any other US city), car insurance is highest in the nation(if people even have cars which many don't).

Another study that just came out ranks NYC as the 2nd most expensive city to live in in the entire world behind only Hong Kong.

Sorry, but there is no way the average person is making that much more in salary in NYC to make up the difference in expenses, including housing which on average is probably at least 2, if not 3 times higher than other places.

Average salary in Manhattan is 164K, which isn't significantly more than what I am making where I am at with a much lower cost of living.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no way.

Based on actual numbers just not guestimates by people here, NYC is the most expensive place to live in the US. That is by looking at everything.

Housing, utilities, restaurants(130% more than US average), grocery cost($477 on average, more than any other US city), car insurance is highest in the nation(if people even have cars which many don't).

Another study that just came out ranks NYC as the 2nd most expensive city to live in in the entire world behind only Hong Kong.

Sorry, but there is no way the average person is making that much more in salary in NYC to make up the difference in expenses, including housing which on average is probably at least 2, if not 3 times higher than other places.

Average salary in Manhattan is 164K, which isn't significantly more than what I am making where I am at with a much lower cost of living.
Again, those prices apply to NYC-only, usually just Manhattan. Most people in the area do not live in Manhattan. There are people at my office that live in the Poconos (PA) in large 200K houses.

I pay $110 / month full coverage car insurance in NJ. My electric bill in the height of summer with daily A/C use and charging my electric car every night was only $95 last month. You guys really don’t know what you are talking about because you don’t live here.