Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My new Internet Ad, What is Wrong?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by sapphire
As the saying goes, if it aint broke don't fix it.

Apparently you are on match. com, correct?

I have been on match for seventeen days now and my stats as of today are as follows:

12 winks

13 e-mails

I don't know whether that is good, average, etc. I narrowed the field to about 5 women who I consider good looking enough to date and just had my first date on Friday which ended up with her at my house:D

All kidding aside, I would not panic. I suppose these things have their ebb and flow. In would not change anything at least for another week. If things don't improve then just go back to your old profile.

By the way, I used a variation of Player Supreme's profile that he was so kind to share with us and for me at least it appears to be getting pretty decent results.
No, he's on matchmaker.com

That's the best online dating site out there.

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree, I think personalizing "form letters" is a great way to correspond with many ladies at one time. But you have to make it so that it is somewhat personalized for every lady. I will generally take 3-5 minutes for each contact to add some individualized information, although the letter works for itself with no personalization.

How bout I show an example. I'll show an ad, and then my "letter" with the personalizations in bold. That way you can see how it's personalized.

Here's the ad:
http://personals.yahoo.com/us/previ...ort=1&speed=2&advanced=1&primary=&searchname=

And in case you couldn't get the profile, here is the text.

I consider myslef to be sweet, attractive, sincere, kindhearted, compassionate, and openminded. I love animals and hope to find someone who is at least fond of them. It is at most times the simple things in life that bring a smile to my face. I have not traveled much, but hope to do so in the future.

I would like to meet someone with a huge heart and a good sense of humor. Someone you can be silly yet serious when needed.
And here is my "form letter"

Top Ten Reasons you shouldn’t email me back.
1. If you don’t like to laugh, then you definitely should not email me. I have a tendency to try to have fun in every situation, not good if you’re trying to maintain a healthy depression. You say you want someone with a good sense of humor, just want to make sure. Although if you're smiling while you read this, I might be offended by you thinking I'm one of the simpler things in life.
2. If you don’t like people who like to do things other than watch TV every night for six hours, then you definitely should not email me. I love to travel, experience new things, and be with fun and interesting people. Where do you plan on traveling in the future?
3. If you don’t like people with class, then you definitely should not email me. I am not especially known for any abilities like burping the alphabet, or picking my nose as an appetizer. Sorry.
4. If you don’t like people with IQ’s over 50 whose brains aren’t fixated on one thing, and one thing only, then you definitely should not email me. I’m pushing at least 53 and a half, maybe 60 on a good day (must be the blond highlights).
5. If you don’t like people who are self confident, and like themselves, then you definitely should not email me. There’s a difference between ****y/arrogant and self-assured, hopefully I have the right balance.
6. If you don’t like people who aren’t all the way grown up yet, who are just as likely to have fun jumping in the ball pit at McDonald’s as to putting on a suit to go to the Opera, then you shouldn’t email me. I’m a kid magnet who has yet to graduate from the kids table at Thanksgiving.
7. If you don’t like people who are friendly and easy to get along with, who can hold an interesting conversation for more than 10 seconds, but prefer those who have the social skills of a tadpole, then you definitely should not email me.
8 . If you don’t like people who don’t tell you in their first email how beautiful and special you are, and why they are perfect to father the 15 babies you want, then you definitely should not email me. Also not planning on giving you a resume about all the money I make, the wonderful job I have, how much I can bench press, and the great car I drive.
9. If you don’t like people who are actually mentally and emotionally stable, are not looking for a "friend" on the side. Have no intentions of stalking you, sending you 15 emails a day, or sending you flowers at work until you say yes to a date, then you definitely should not email me. I’m just a little sarcastic around the edges.
10. If you don’t like people who go the extra mile to make you smile, but prefer people who say ten, mean ten but deliver four, then you definitely should not email me.

Who knows about this internet thing. I just saw your profile, thought you would be an interesting person to get to know better. I think we all are ultimately looking for someone with a good heart, and the ability to laugh. Obviously I hope you email me back, but if not go forward with a smile(although I am anything but simple) and enjoy your day. Of course if you do email me back, you’ll get extra bonus points if you can come up with a top ten list of your own.

Talk to you soon.

Romeo

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
I do very well with online personals. Here's two tips for you...

1) Don't TRY to impress.

You're ENTIRE ad is how you can do this, do that, do this, do that, in an attempt to show the woman how worthy you are of her attention. NO!

2) Let your actions speak for themselves.

Don't talk about how you can cook 5 meals or how you can slay a big dragon for fvcks sake! hahah I mean really dude, c'mon. It's obvious you're trying to communicate to these woman that you're able to stand up for yourself and handle yo business with that dragon comment. So instead of saying what you can do, talk about a time that you ACTUALLY DID IT. Don't say you like to travel and are adventurous. Instead, write a short, descriptive bit about how you recently went backpacking in Nepal or whatever. THAT'S much more interesting and it get your idea (Likes to travel, is adventurous) across. Get it?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I really hate the form letters. This one guy sent me the same damn one 3 times in as many days. I blocked him from contacting me again. The form letters are so easy to spot and I disliked them so much that my automatic response to anyone who sent me one was "I'm sorry, I'm not interested.". I didn't even bother looking at their profile. Some women might not care, but I did. I used to get a couple hundred emails in a week, though, so it was a lot of work to screen them all. The short one liners that made me laugh caught my eye. The long form letters turned me off.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I made a FTJ account to see what kind of rating I'd get, I wrote very little about myself, and a lot about what kind of woman I don't want contacting me. I expected to piss a lot of them off, but ended up getting 47 matches in first 3 days haha.

:confused:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
D@yum...... I didn't know there were so many "losers" on the board!!! :p

Hey, hey, hey hey.... Shut up, it was a joke! :mad:

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by MRomeo99
I disagree, I think personalizing "form letters" is a great way to correspond with many ladies at one time. But you have to make it so that it is somewhat personalized for every lady. I will generally take 3-5 minutes for each contact to add some individualized information, although the letter works for itself with no personalization.

How bout I show an example. I'll show an ad, and then my "letter" with the personalizations in bold. That way you can see how it's personalized.

Here's the ad:
http://personals.yahoo.com/us/previ...ort=1&speed=2&advanced=1&primary=&searchname=

1. If you don’t like to laugh, then you definitely should not email me. I have a tendency to try to have fun in every situation, not good if you’re trying to maintain a healthy depression. You say you want someone with a good sense of humor, just want to make sure. Although if you're smiling while you read this, I might be offended by you thinking I'm one of the simpler things in life.
2. If you don’t like people who like to do things other than watch TV every night for six hours, then you definitely should not email me. I love to travel, experience new things, and be with fun and interesting people. Where do you plan on traveling in the future?
3. If you don’t like people with class, then you definitely should not email me. I am not especially known for any abilities like burping the alphabet, or picking my nose as an appetizer. Sorry.
4. If you don’t like people with IQ’s over 50 whose brains aren’t fixated on one thing, and one thing only, then you definitely should not email me. I’m pushing at least 53 and a half, maybe 60 on a good day (must be the blond highlights).
5. If you don’t like people who are self confident, and like themselves, then you definitely should not email me. There’s a difference between ****y/arrogant and self-assured, hopefully I have the right balance.
6. If you don’t like people who aren’t all the way grown up yet, who are just as likely to have fun jumping in the ball pit at McDonald’s as to putting on a suit to go to the Opera, then you shouldn’t email me. I’m a kid magnet who has yet to graduate from the kids table at Thanksgiving.
7. If you don’t like people who are friendly and easy to get along with, who can hold an interesting conversation for more than 10 seconds, but prefer those who have the social skills of a tadpole, then you definitely should not email me.
8 . If you don’t like people who don’t tell you in their first email how beautiful and special you are, and why they are perfect to father the 15 babies you want, then you definitely should not email me. Also not planning on giving you a resume about all the money I make, the wonderful job I have, how much I can bench press, and the great car I drive.
9. If you don’t like people who are actually mentally and emotionally stable, are not looking for a "friend" on the side. Have no intentions of stalking you, sending you 15 emails a day, or sending you flowers at work until you say yes to a date, then you definitely should not email me. I’m just a little sarcastic around the edges.
10. If you don’t like people who go the extra mile to make you smile, but prefer people who say ten, mean ten but deliver four, then you definitely should not email me.

Who knows about this internet thing. I just saw your profile, thought you would be an interesting person to get to know better. I think we all are ultimately looking for someone with a good heart, and the ability to laugh. Obviously I hope you email me back, but if not go forward with a smile(although I am anything but simple) and enjoy your day. Of course if you do email me back, you’ll get extra bonus points if you can come up with a top ten list of your own.

Talk to you soon.

Romeo
I think you answered an ad I had up for awhile, lol. That form letter sounds VERY familiar. :D

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now Wyldfire, you're trying to state that your experience is universal. Just doesn't happen to be the case.

I sent out 600 emails over two months time, testing out emails, form letters, non form letters, etc. Different pictures, just a wink to point to my profile.

And I found that the above letter was my second best performing letter. Much better than a short line or two. Especially for the type of women that I wanted. I like intelligent women, women with wit and spunk. I'm also witty, intelligent and spunky, and I usually have one shot to make that known.

I'm not guessing that the form letters work. They do work. I know this because I tested them out, and now I get the responses that I want from the letter. Nothing is perfect, and what I have realized is that you have about 4-5 basic types of women on any dating service. You're never going to appeal to all of them, it's best just to figure out which kind you want, and what most suits you, and cater your approach to that type of woman. I have done so, and am satisfied with my results although there is always room for improvement.

And no hun, I have never emailed you. Been very few older females I have emailed, and I never email outside of my geographic area.

Romeo

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Now Wyldfire, you're trying to state that your experience is universal. Just doesn't happen to be the case.

I sent out 600 emails over two months time, testing out emails, form letters, non form letters, etc. Different pictures, just a wink to point to my profile.

And I found that the above letter was my second best performing letter. Much better than a short line or two. Especially for the type of women that I wanted. I like intelligent women, women with wit and spunk. I'm also witty, intelligent and spunky, and I usually have one shot to make that known.

I'm not guessing that the form letters work. They do work. I know this because I tested them out, and now I get the responses that I want from the letter. Nothing is perfect, and what I have realized is that you have about 4-5 basic types of women on any dating service. You're never going to appeal to all of them, it's best just to figure out which kind you want, and what most suits you, and cater your approach to that type of woman. I have done so, and am satisfied with my results although there is always room for improvement.

And no hun, I have never emailed you. Been very few older females I have emailed, and I never email outside of my geographic area.

Romeo
I'm dead serious...that form letter sounds familiar. Did you let anyone else borrow it, because I could swear I've read that before.

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've posted bits of that on this forum, maybe that's where you have read it. It was about a month or so ago.

M

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I've posted bits of that on this forum, maybe that's where you have read it. It was about a month or so ago.

M
Maybe that's where it sound familiar from. I just tried to track down the old profiles I used to have up but don't use anymore to see if I could find it and had more mail. One of them said "OMG! Where have you been? I've been waiting on here for you for WEEKS!" That was from a cop in a neighboring town. Freaky.

There was a 28 year old who was coming to summer in the area, apologized for being rude and informed me I have the "sexiest lips he's ever seen" and asked if he could take me out for coffee. He was mighty cute, too...but seeing as it's November I imagine he's left, lol.

Oh, and then a married guy tried to explain to me why I should go out with him and give him a chance even though he's married.

I might have actually met that 28 year old back then...oh well.

Reaction score
Romeo

I like what you had to say. Your game sounds close to mine. I will show you a fresh example:

establishing my position in her head as being something other than the ordinary:

metaphysikal_lover: I am sensitive...I can feel ****
metaphysikal_lover: I can feel when a woman is getting ready to climax
metaphysikal_lover: cause I know how to tune in
metaphysikal_lover: to her body
sac sherry : what do you feel from me
metaphysikal_lover: I don' tknow you enough yet
metaphysikal_lover: which is also why I need your photo
metaphysikal_lover: so I can look into your eyes
metaphysikal_lover: so far you have spoken in generalities
metaphysikal_lover: without revealing what is deep inside of you
metaphysikal_lover: and that is what I'm waiting for
metaphysikal_lover: that deep well
sac sherry : well thats because i don'tknow you either
metaphysikal_lover: I know
metaphysikal_lover: your guarded
metaphysikal_lover: is what I feel from you
metaphysikal_lover: hoping also
sac sherry : maybe

introducing most womens dream or fantasy:

metaphysikal_lover: that I may be the one
metaphysikal_lover: a small spark
metaphysikal_lover: of hope

Getting into the chrome dome (head)

metaphysikal_lover: you have a deep well of passion that mostly has gone untapped
metaphysikal_lover: don't you
sac sherry : i feel chocolate snow flake falling down all around me coming from you and the inner warmth sliding down my back when i talk to you
metaphysikal_lover: speak more from your well
metaphysikal_lover: tell me more
metaphysikal_lover: all you have to do is open the door way
sac sherry : electric charges, relaxing moments in between
metaphysikal_lover: mmmm yes
metaphysikal_lover: tap into it
metaphysikal_lover: channel it to me
sac sherry : something pulling deep down inside of me trying to let go
metaphysikal_lover: needing
sac sherry : let's stop and think for a moment and see what happends, lets focus,
metaphysikal_lover: I'm already focused
metaphysikal_lover: can't you feel me
metaphysikal_lover: in your space
sac sherry : yes
sac sherry : i feel you right here

She submits:

sac sherry : you can almost lay me down
metaphysikal_lover: my hands are getting warm with the energy going between you and I
metaphysikal_lover: lay you down and guide you to pleasure and release of your deepest
sac sherry : i had to romove my sweater
sac sherry : remove
metaphysikal_lover: your body is getting warmer isn't it
metaphysikal_lover: can you feel that tingling deep down there
metaphysikal_lover: yet
sac sherry : it feels as if the sun is shinning on us
metaphysikal_lover: mmmm that would be nice to lay under a warm sun
metaphysikal_lover: naked and alone

A bit more mental stimulation of the fantasy

metaphysikal_lover: our bodies touching
metaphysikal_lover: moving together
metaphysikal_lover: my weight on top of yours
metaphysikal_lover: my right hand on your hips
metaphysikal_lover: my lips on yours kissing you
metaphysikal_lover: speaking to you
sac sherry : i love to kiss
metaphysikal_lover: whispering down your throat
metaphysikal_lover: me too..
metaphysikal_lover: I LOVE TO KISS
metaphysikal_lover: and kiss forever
metaphysikal_lover: and deeply
sac sherry : and i love to talk softly
metaphysikal_lover: tongues touching
metaphysikal_lover: my breath with yours
sac sherry : sucking on your tongue
metaphysikal_lover: ahhh yes
metaphysikal_lover: can you feel this in your head
metaphysikal_lover: can you see my photo on this chat box
metaphysikal_lover: all you have to do is look into my eyes
sac sherry : i see
metaphysikal_lover: to feel me
metaphysikal_lover: my lips can you feel em
metaphysikal_lover: feel how it would be to kiss me
sac sherry : i feel your body hard
sac sherry : oh
metaphysikal_lover: I'm strong
metaphysikal_lover: very strong
sac sherry : i see

Reaction score

Here's the ad:

Talk to you soon.

Romeo
This shyt is da bomb playboy!!!

I will have to steal this from you.

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thnaks for all the ideas. It is a lot of material. I think a lot of it has to do with what kind of woman you want to attract. Ther seems to be two extremes hee-the ultra ****y and funny, and the romantic James Bond/Don Juan de Marco approach. Frankly I want a woman who can appreciate both, at least for a LTR. I suppose I will experiement with some different approaches and wee what works for me. And I appreciate the criticism even if it is harsh (as long as it's honest, not menat as a putdown), I am the kind of guy who likes people to be on the level with me and not blow sunshine up my arse.
Oh, and I am on Match, them and Matchmaker must be very similar in format, not that is makes any difference.

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Teh other thing is I do understand keeping it light and keeping things back as a mystery so as not to look like I am trying to impress (although I am as is everyone really). My thing is that I do believe that i am unique and stand out in a lot of ways, and still feel the need to let the women reading my profile know that. For instance, I am a pilot, and only about 1 in 500 people in the U.S.A. have pilot's licences so this is something I am proud of. Plus it shows that I am adventerous, willing to take risks, and have good hand-eye coordination to be able to land an airplane, at elast in my mind. I am also somewhat artistic, as with my cooking skills and my oil painting, and I like to experiment with these and try new things. It is the same as if you were a really good guitar player, woulden't you wnat the ladies to know that in your ad if it makes you stand out from the 500 other ads on the site?

Other things like writing a travelogue as opposed to just saying it totally makes a lot of sense. And the outdoors thing shows I am not a couch potato (and I don't want to be with someone who is), and describing my reading and intellectual pursuits show that I am intellectually inclined, and I prefer an intelligent woman as well.

And the opening line about me chastizing her for looking at the pictures first, I will tell you why I did this-Some of the women who winked at me and I wrote back to who responded when I wrote them back-in their letter I could tell they did not actually read my profile! I just about laughed my ass of when I read the letter and realized this because women contantly complain about men doing that exact same thing. I caught them in the act! :D

In my mind, a ****y and funny ad, or a generic ad,while attention grabbing, says nothing about who I am or what makes me a unique individual(which I believe that I am). In real life I do keep the mystery and only reveal myself a little at a time, I have learned this much, I is just I did not apply it here.

For some reason, probably because I felt the need to stand out some how and thought by revealing my individuality that I cannot show in person was the best way, plus the fact that it is a one shot deal, so I felt the needs to condense it. So the trick is to either not reveal anything about myself or to do this without seeming like I am, and being ****y and funny at the same time. I guess the bottom line is experiment more and do whatever gets the best results, and whether it makes sense to me or not is irrelavant.

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I sent out 600 emails over two months time, testing out emails, form letters, non form letters, etc. Different pictures, just a wink to point to my profile. "

then

"And no hun, I have never emailed you. Been very few older females I have emailed, and I never email outside of my geographic area."

Aside from that, whenever a guy posts a profile..that is too lengthy..it makes him seem like he is desperate for a relationship..women dont like desperate and "serious" guys..in essence..you dont want to tell EVERYTHING about yourself in a profile..

I know u r trying to weed out girls that dont meeet your criteria, but u are also sending a message to potential women..that u are ready to get marrried.

Additionally, you dont neeed to be funny in 89% of your profile..like the lady said,, it makes u seeem like u r trying too hard

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aside from that, whenever a guy posts a profile..that is too lengthy..it makes him seem like he is desperate for a relationship..women dont like desperate and "serious" guys..in essence..you dont want to tell EVERYTHING about yourself in a profile..

I know u r trying to weed out girls that dont meeet your criteria, but u are also sending a message to potential women..that u are ready to get marrried.
And your basis for your assertion is...... Are you talking from experience or are you just guessing. Trust me, I put a lot of work into honing my profile, and my email to get the right mix in.

Based upon the conversations I have had with women, I have never gotten the response that you suggest. I have never gotten a woman that assumed I was desperate for a relationship, or desperate to get married. Now, granted maybe that could be some of the women that never email me back, but then I wouldn't know. But, my experience has been that I attract the women that I want. And that is the true test of my ad, nothing else matters. So, rather than speculate on why my ad doesn't work for me, the truth is it does work, and continues to work. Just like Metaphysikal's ad works for him.

I'm not suggesting that my ad is the only way, or that I am the master at ads. What I do suggest is you find an ad that works for you, test it out. Think very seriously about what type of women you want to attract, then do the work to find out what will attract them. What works for me, or works for anyone will probably be completely different than what works for you.

Good luck.

Romeo

Reaction score
ManOMan, you said:

"Aside from that, whenever a guy posts a profile..that is too lengthy..it makes him seem like he is desperate for a relationship..women dont like desperate and "serious" guys..in essence..you dont want to tell EVERYTHING about yourself in a profile.."

I have not found that to be true. My profile is lenghty and I get comments that I've posted on here I believe under my own thread and :

Hey....I just re read your profile and damn you are amazing.

Intensly intoxicating... is more like it. Wow LOL

Hope your day is going great!!! Heidi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

I was skimming through the profiles yesterday and stopped at your profile. It was very interesting you can e-mail me at sarah @yahoo.com or angle @aol.com. Hope to hear from you soon.Chao

Sarah

Its funny I just read your page. I have to say WOw I think you are the deepest person I have ever met. I am sure that I can learn alot from you.

Oh My God!!! I swear I lost my breath reading that! Even the slightest thought of that is amazing. How do you come up with this? Experience I guess that I dont have yet, but yearn for. You have to have a Danielle Steele or something like that in front of you! If not, you are amazing! But you said before that you are looking for someone in her 30's, which I'm not so...does that knock me out of the picture? If you have msn or yahoo we can chat too if you want

"I like your profile. Tell me more."

"Hey you...I just wanted to say, "Hi." I liked what you had to say in your profile and I hope you find what you are looking for...you have a beautiful smile and from what I read a beautiful mind.."

"Will you marry me?

lol I just read your profile and my knees are weak. WOW!

Hi, my name is Kymberleigh and I loved your profile. I would love to talk with you. Please check out my profile and if interested please email me at"

"I like your profile. Tell me more.
You can call me @ 308-5***"

"Hello, let's see how this works. I liked your message so let's connect.
your are deep!"

"I like your profile."

"Hand me my flip-flops 'cause you've knocked my socks off."

"Hello,
i just wanted to let you know your profile is very interesting. I'm not interested in finding a new love at this time; but the last 3 paragraphs of your profile are touching. Especially for someone who has "been there, done that." I hope you find your true love."

"I Love your profile..Anyhow my name is Amy, i do live here in the sacramento area. I would Love to get to know you. My screename for yahoo is"

Are you speaking as Romeo asked from experience or just stating your opinion?

Not to start some kinda argument or anything. I think we all need to find what works for US as individuals. I know my profile works cause I've tested it on several sites and my emailed responses now number over 200!

200 women who want to find out more about me...not just the winks I don't coun those. 200 women who have paid memberships and emailed me directly. And this has been since I started this prgram.

I now cannot go onto my yahoo else I get blown up with IM. I have 64 women there lurking and waiting for me to pop in....I guess I did an over kill.

But my point is it's all from my ad.

Jon E

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
I wrote very little about myself, and a lot about what kind of woman I don't want contacting me. I expected to piss a lot of them off, but ended up getting 47 matches in first 3 days haha.
Could you give us some examples?

What type of details?

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
Based on my experience, Desdinova and MMRomeo99 have it right.

For sure, you can get a big lift in responses by sending out replies to female ads. I send out a customized form letter that's way over the top with the funny stuff. Same goes for my profile narrative. Works pretty well for me.

The key is to stand out, in a good way, from the rest of the losers. Dare to be different.