Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My muscles are paining ...Please help

dave007

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have just begun a fitness programme at home since I don't have access to a gym at the moment. I do 3 sets of push ups, 3 sets of lunges, 3 sets of crunches, weight lifting using 5 gallon pails and cardios on separate days. Its been two days and it was going really well but this morning I discovered pain in my back muscles, lower abs.The pain is not severe but it discourages me from continuing my training.
Is this normal for the first time when you begin to train, or am I doing something terribly wrong..Please help, I am really worried..

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
man up, you'll learn to love that pain

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dave007 said:
I have just begun a fitness programme at home since I don't have access to a gym at the moment. I do 3 sets of push ups, 3 sets of lunges, 3 sets of crunches, weight lifting using 5 gallon pails and cardios on separate days. Its been two days and it was going really well but this morning I discovered pain in my back muscles, lower abs.The pain is not severe but it discourages me from continuing my training.
Is this normal for the first time when you begin to train, or am I doing something terribly wrong..Please help, I am really worried..
If you've never worked out before or haven't in quite some time, typically 2 days after you worked out DOMS set in (delayed onset muscle soreness, feel free to look it up). It should go away after a few days hopefully. Word to the wise, if your muscles hurt you don't want to work them (they need to heal up first before you work them/break them down with more exercise).

I've found with myself when ever I've gone back into 'lifting' after not working out for some time its best to take it initially REAL light.. cause with me at least if I don't I usually then hurt for a week or two before they pain stops.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dave007 said:
IThe pain is not severe but it discourages me from continuing my training.
This is where you'll generally be able to tell real injuries from just being sore after a hard workout. After a while, you'll start associating that "sore" feeling as actually feeling good, weird as it sounds. It makes you feel like you really got something out of your last workout... as opposed to a sharp pain that you will recognize as you having actually hurt yourself. If you do start feeling a sharp pain, take it easy on that area until it goes away - usually a few days. The only thing you'll do if you train an area that is actually injured is delay healing and potentially cause even more damaged.

That being said, it sounds like you're just sore - if you weren't, you'd know it.