"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

My Low Point

Drowning

Don Juan
Joined
May 13, 2003
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Savannah, GA
Alright guys...I need somebody to help me on this one.

I met this girl about a month ago, and once I broke up with my previous girlfriend we got together. A few weeks in, she starts acting cold and distant, then tells me she "wants to get to know me better" so we stop dating. I think, well ****, loss of attraction...So I go about things normally. We spend the next week as "just friends" and we talk a lot, see each other as part of a group of our friends, and just have a total blast. We flirt a hell of a lot and everything starts to get confusing...

A little while later, her best friend informs me that she's starting to "fall for me" again, so I'm like, "What the hell?" and take her out to a movie just me and her, where we proceed to have a make-out session in the back row.

Now, after this I'm feeling really good about things, but as always the universe it out to **** with me. I get an IM as soon as I'm home that says she made a mistake and shouldn't have let me kiss her. I tell her that she was doing as much kissing as I was and pretty much ask her what the hell her problem is. She says she got "caught up in the moment". (Bull****) Her best friend is online at the same time, and tells me that she's telling her she really likes me but is afraid of getting hurt. When I bring it up, she says that's part of the reason, but she doesn't even know so she can't tell me the rest of it.

Okay, this girl is...I can't understand anything she says or does. I feel like **** because I know she's interested in me but there's something holding her back, something she's afraid of that keeps her from pursuing it. As a bit of history, she's kind of shy around people she doesn't know and she's never had a real boyfriend before. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? :confused: :(
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
theres lots of possible reasons, i dont tihnk its because shes shy but mostly somthing to do with what your freind told you aobut that she is afriad of getting hurt, i think its probably moving to fast for her, she said shes falling for you, welli t seems liek she likes you but things are moving to fast for her, try slowing it down possibly, and get to know here better and do not try and make any moves on her.

hope iv been a help
 

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
Tell her when she's made up her mind, to give you a call. Until then, cya! Don't sweat one girl bro, get out there and 'shop around'. Hell, if anything, show her that your not waiting around for her to make a move. Right now she's holding all the cards and you're just playing along. Take control of the situation.

There are women out there that love drama, or enjoy toying with emotions of wuss bags that don't know any better.
 

Bunk 040

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
191
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Originally posted by biker_gixxer
Tell her when she's made up her mind, to give you a call. Until then, cya! Don't sweat one girl bro, get out there and 'shop around'. Hell, if anything, show her that your not waiting around for her to make a move. Right now she's holding all the cards and you're just playing along. Take control of the situation.

There are women out there that love drama, or enjoy toying with emotions of wuss bags that don't know any better.
This muthafukka right here is on point!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Bunk 040
This muthafukka right here is on point!
Thanks bro...I try to be. :D
 

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
Originally posted by Interpol
This isn't worth your time.
AMEN!

Put it on the backburner and see how it goes. Either she'll come back to you, or she wont. Either way, it always works out for the best in the long run :)
 
Top