Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Life Is Not Rewarding - I need advice for doing hard things to improve myslef

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'm having trouble focusing on my work life due to lack of motivation and rewards.
Due to my current (but fleeting) blessed position there is little to anything in my life that would benefit me.

How do you reward/motivate yourself? This is the question I'm asking. Video games, my side business, new ventures; just dont seem to move me...since atm I don't need to do any of this.

I'm thinking of smoking marijuana again and attempting to master the control of the substance (not overabsuing/stay classly/be a functional junky) because honestly...life is just boring and I dont feel the need.

I don't want this mindset to continue because I'm aware it will only continue to self-destruction.

Please help.

I want more women too.

tksniper

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would listen to David Goggins. “Can’t hurt me” is a good audiobook. He explained that motivation is BS and that you have to become a total beast in Life or life will continually get more painful.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you checked out the Rooshv site? He has allot of articles that deal with that type of stuff.

Billtx49

Reaction score
What rewards do I want from life ? That equals my goals…
How do I get them ? Continuous work until I achieve them …
How do I work that long ? Motivation
Make an effort in life or give up, others don’t care about you …Only you care about yourself.

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would listen to David Goggins. “Can’t hurt me” is a good audiobook. He explained that motivation is BS and that you have to become a total beast in Life or life will continually get more painful.
Thank you for the words. I have his book but didnt read it yet. I will check it out for sure.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to find a center within yourself first.

OP, find a center within yourself. Do some soul searching, find out who you really are. Will take reflection and time, perhaps travel and experiences as well. Weed may help with this, mushrooms as well but obviously don't make it habitual. Read books - the 1950's Beat writers (Jack Kerouac and company) and the French Existentialists. The Alchemist is another good one. Don't rely the white-bread self help motivational crap. You need deeper stuff than that. If the author isn't found in the literature section, how good of a writer are they really?

Sounds like perhaps an identity crisis. Don't wait until your 40-something like Kevin Spacey in American Beauty.

If you do this it will help with women as well.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at making yourself into an awesome being.

I have a lot of my stuff squared away at 51. I need something else. So starting Brazilian jiu-jitsu next week. SCUBA lessons this summer. Always be improving.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you reward/motivate yourself?
Discipline builds momentum which in turn creates motivation. Start stacking wins progressively. Find what is you want and pursue it. Do not pacify yourself with drugs, women or videogames. Self reflection is square one, but you already know this