Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

my internet personals ad......

ogre

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't wear glasses. except sunglasses, a lot, since I live in a dark basement with small windows. a proper dwelling for a cave-troll.

btw after reading all your advice I decided to try a new strategy.....I call it "using my faults and flaws to my advantage". first field-test was promising. I actually got through a lunch date without screwing up - woo-hoo! needs more testing though. field report coming........

should I post a pic of me?

Reaction score
Originally posted by ogre
I don't wear glasses. except sunglasses, a lot, since I live in a dark basement with small windows. a proper dwelling for a cave-troll.

btw after reading all your advice I decided to try a new strategy.....I call it "using my faults and flaws to my advantage". first field-test was promising. I actually got through a lunch date without screwing up - woo-hoo! needs more testing though. field report coming........

should I post a pic of me?
yeah post up your photo

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should definitely stop being so negative and self-effacing. It really isn't that funny. It is more funny to be ridiculously ****y (and really mean it), even though most losers would not see why you should ever be ****y. I think your whole ad needs to be redone from the ****y angle.

You say you'll never land a hot young woman and never have kids. Hmmm, I bet you are right because that just becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. But I will say I agree with some of the guys here...sure hot chics are nice to look at and screw, but if they have bad personalities it just is not worth it. But I would hope that goes without saying...

Anyhow, I firmly believe that you make your own reality. Either that is a fun, cool place where you are the king, or it is a dark, sad place where you shovel sh!t while being whipped by evil clones of Rosie O'Donnell. Make your choice.

donjuan matteo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 27, but here is some good advice:

Hang out with people younger than you. Make friends with guys and girls younger than you. It keeps you feeling young, and keeps you in the loop. When you start to feel weird about it, like you aren't connecting, like you are out of place, say to yourself *fcuk that*, I will not think condesending thoughts or *grown up* concerns while I'm interacting with younger people who are cooler than me. Age ain't nothin' but a number (live by that)"

These days I find myself having WAY more fun with my 20 year old friends than my 30 year old friends who are acting more and more like working stiffs everyday. You need to be open to that youthful energy, cause it is contagious.

Falcon Eye

Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally disagree

Originally posted by donjuan matteo
I am 27, but here is some good advice:

Hang out with people younger than you. Make friends with guys and girls younger than you. It keeps you feeling young, and keeps you in the loop. When you start to feel weird about it, like you aren't connecting, like you are out of place, say to yourself *fcuk that*, I will not think condesending thoughts or *grown up* concerns while I'm interacting with younger people who are cooler than me. Age ain't nothin' but a number (live by that)"

These days I find myself having WAY more fun with my 20 year old friends than my 30 year old friends who are acting more and more like working stiffs everyday. You need to be open to that youthful energy, cause it is contagious.

The reason that your twenty year old friends seem youthful is because they are! They have not yet grown up. What happens when they do grow up and start acting like working stiffs? Are you going to be thirty five years old and trying to hang out with twenty year olds in hopes that they're youthful energy will be contagious.

What you see happening with your thirty year old friends is called growing up and working towards goals, working to improve themselves and their lot in life. Like it or not, most people have to work hard; that doesn't mean life cannot be enjoyed. Christ. Just yesterday a couple of us tried to reprogram Orgre from trying to hang with immature twenty somethings because he has NOTHING in common with them and now I come on this morning and read this. No disrespect intended but I do not believe your post to provide sound advice.

The answer to Orgre problem, as well most peoples issues, lies in self improvement. Improve your attitude, your physical condition, work to advance career, commit to life long learning, etc. It comes from within ones self, not trying to hang with younger people in hopes that it would be contagious. One of the reasons that I wouldn't hang with younger people is because I'd be scared to death that they're youthfulness and immaturity would be contagious.

ogre

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Young un's v older ones

Occasionally I meet a younger babe who is mature for her age. examples of this are:

* an eldest sister who gets stuck taking care of her younger siblings because her parents haven't grown up yet.

* married very young and is already divorced.

* works to support her family beacuse, as above, her parents haven't grown up yet.

Then there are grown men and women who still act like teenagers.

it happens.

compatible maturity level is a factor as well as actual age.

anwyay I'm not going to rule out a babe just 'cause she is young. or old. or in-between. I just am not gonna drive myself nuts chasing after the young 'uns.

ogre

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll get to it when I get to it. I'm working on a homepage.

I'm sure you're just on the edge of your seat brimming with anticipation.

Have a merry christmas

donjuan matteo

Don Juan
Reaction score
MOST people in their 30's and 40's (present company excluded) get SO caught up in making money, their careers, survival, etc. that they become extremely boring and uncool people.

If kids in their 20's are the only ones who know how to have a GREAT time, then why not hang out with them? People use age as an excuse too often. It's just a number.

justinupright

Reaction score
RE: 40

Originally posted by ogre
"Nobody wants to date the town jester"

No, I suppose not. but you've just described me.

I never said I was going to stop playing. I'm still playing and still learning. I'm trying everything I can think of. I just want to see some progress.

Maybe someday it'll all just "click" like a big light bulb, and I'll start scoring some nice wrinkled and flabby older women. but it's unlikely that I will ever score a young HB. and it's also unlikely that I'll ever be a father. and that does not leave me feeling warm and fuzzy.
LOOK dude! I am 40 and I don't let that stop me from tagin some 21 yr old hb.

I am not a weight lifter and don't go to the gym I have a belly not to big and need to do something about it. But it doesn't get in the way cause I don't focus on these things. Ok it didn't hurt when I was a bouncer at a club but I am still mackin on the young girls and you will be surprised at the girls that like older men nowadays.

You just need to work on your confidence and if that takes bagin a few old ladies then do it. Do you have a motorcycle? As you said in your ad. If so that is a chick magnet and can be used cause all girls want to go for a ride and it will help your image. Look at all the Harley Riders they all have bigger bellies than the college boys but look at the girls on the back some of them are nice looking and young!

Just go out and get the girls and I know ppl that started a family alot later than 40!

Just stop commiting suicide here in the forum you bring everyone down with that chit!

ogre

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
quoting justinupright:

I posted earlier that a I know a lot of guys are still pimpin' in their 40's - who have a good 20 years of experience - it's just age 40 is really late to start learning.

quoting justinupright:

You just need to work on your confidence and if that takes bagin a few old ladies then do it.

EEWWW! no thanks. Old, ugly and fat chicks just don't turn me on. Sorry. Nor will it help my confidence or self-esteem.

quoting justinupright:

I know ppl that started a family alot later than 40!

Women lose their fertility as they get older. and I'm not interested in adoption.

quoting justinupright:

Just stop commiting suicide here in the forum you bring everyone down with that chit!

Look. I'm at where I'm at. This is the hand I have been dealt. It's a tough hand but I have to play it. That's all I'm saying. Don't worry though, I really appreciate everyone's help. Since having posted this thread I've learned a few things, so that's progress.

One thing I've learned is that if I set unreasonable goals for myself I'm just gonna crash and burn. I can't go out thinkin' I can be some pimpin' mack-daddy Alpha stud just 'cause I read some shyt on the 'net. Not gawnna happen. But I can make small victores, like getting a number, then a date, then a second date, and build my confidence on that. Before I found sosuave I couldn't even get that far.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dookie

I think I did a pretty good job of it... also, I find it that it is easier to reply to a posting than puting your own. If you do post your own personal, try to be specific as to what you want in a woman... (Credit to DavidD) I hear it gets more replies.
Being specific won't get you more replies however the replies you get are better qualified. Don't be too surprised if you get some flack from some women if you are very specific about your match not being overweight.

I've gotten replies saying that they thought that I was a great guy until they read that I wanted a slim woman who is active in athletics. I just reply that I find that those women don't seem to get upset when people aren't interested in them for their slim stature. Women who are supposedly full of 'personality' for their size are usually full of suppressed bitterness from their size or how their size is perceived.

murid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: I couldn't agree more Supreme

Originally posted by Falcon Eye
For the life of me I can never understand why a man of forty or close to that number would be interested in twenty year olds. Christ! What could a Mature Man have in common with them. They're inexperienced, immature and a lot of them are as dumb as door knobs.
day.
Seriously, I just turned thirty, but I can honestly say that unshaven I still look like I'm in my teens (even after my last oneitis experience, that girl put 3 years on my face), with a beard I still get carded. Odly enough two groups of females tend to dig me, girls under 17, and older women. So while I'd like to connect with chicks in their 20's frankly I find older women more interesting ANYWAY.

And god help me, but I'd take a dame with some maturity over some silly 17 year old bint who can't even tie her shoelaces correctly.

The only teenage girls I go for are the unusually precocious ones, the creative or intellectual ones, the art school types who listen to the Cure and Nick Cave, who were kicked out of home at age 15 and pretty much grew up from there. I have a soft spot for intelligent half-feral precocious girls. Hilight the word intelligent.

And even still I'd take an attractive and intelligent 40 year old broad.
But these barbiedoll teeny bopper types with glitter who don't know what they want much less than how to give you what you want?
Forget about it.

Embrace the stage of life that you are in, make the most of what you have, which is a lot. Look at Johny Depp or Keanu Reeves or Tom Cruse, women find these guys hotter with age.

Cards played right I've seen older guys do well with younger women, you know, in some parts of Africa and the Mideast they believe that a man only trully comes into his own as a *man* in the fullness of his power at age 40, prior to that he's still a bit of a boy.

Women dig powerful men, at 30 when I'm at the top of my game I'm vastly more powerful than I was at 20. Master your game man, it's not just your body and its fitness, its the fitness of your mind, and of your soul, your experiences. Take up mixed martial arts or something, find something that increases your feeling of virility and manliness so that you stop whining about the hand you were dealt.

ogre

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I look "evil"

one girl I sent a pic to replied back "you look so freakin evil"

she sent me her pic, she looked like some exotic vampire, actually she is hot. so I write back,

"yeah...I get that a lot. but look who's talking. Sure you don't have fangs?"

still no reply back. this is one of a few rare times I actually got a reply back after sending a pic. usually, I get no reply. No matter how good of a rap I start off with, as soon as they see my lovely face, it's over. So how can I say "I'm way cuter than you" or "most defiantly sexy" when once she sees my pic, I'm clearly not?

meanwhile the girls on craig's are screwing every loser in NY and then go back on craig's to rant about how men are such losers. yet not one has given me a chance. You know how many women I've dated from craig's? ZERO NONE NADA. like there's one big sex-in-the-city party goin' on and I wasn't invited.

I'm not a stud. trying to psych myself into thinking I am one just doesn't work. chicks see right through it. real success with women can't be faked. Trying to "jump-start" a 40-yr old man into playing the game is a lot harder than you guys can imagine. the deck is really stacked against me. the DJ "tips" and "techniques" don't seem to work for someone who's batting zero. D'Angelo promises to "double your dating" but 2 x 0 = 0.

so I'm trying a different approach. something that goes against what all the dating gurus recommend. but it might work in my case. if it does, I'll post a report. Who knows? maybe I'm onto something......

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You make your own reality and yours seems to be a place where you are a loser. It is too bad because it could be different, but you don't seem to have the kind of burning desire you need to make a lasting change.

Good luck with your new technique, which I'll assume is very AFC in nature...

ogre

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mrcode,

how exactly is calling me a loser supposed to be helpful? how is calling me AFC supposed to be helpful? You're gonna lecture me about "making my own reailty" an "burning desire"? you don't know jack. sorry. wake up one day with an ugly, mean-looking face, chronic health problems, and then maybe get back to me.

I want to hear from someone who's been in my sitch and know's what it's like. I want to hear a success story form a recovered WBAFC. someone who started out late, at least over 30, and is now pimpin'..... anyone out there?

and no my new thing isn't AFC. far from it. just different. I have to make the best use of what I have, rather than trying to fake what I don't have.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wake up one day with an ugly, mean-looking face, chronic health problems, and then maybe get back to me.
I have to make the best use of what I have, rather than trying to fake what I don't have.
The problem is you're not connecting these two. You're using your "problems" to bring yourself down instead of using them to keep yourself going. You're not looking at any positives, you're focusing on all the negatives.

Here's some positives to the negatives you've stated:

mean-looking face
Hey, nobody's going to try ripping you off or stealing your wallet

chronic health problems
You're still alive and I'm sure you have something to help keep them under control.

You didn't get a response back from one woman. Big deal. Did you get a job that will last you the rest of your life from one job interview?

You're in your 30s and single. Did you ever think what it's like to be in your 30s and married to a horrible controlling b1tch? Add some children into that mixture and paying child support for a previous "mistake".

You'll realize you have a lot more going for you if you think of all the positives in your life rather than the negatives.

ogre

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"chronic health problems:
You're still alive and I'm sure you have something to help keep them under control"

no doctor could figure out what's wrong with me. only recently did I found out what my problem is. Special thanks to Falcon_eye for his links to bullyonline.org . If your curious, look up complex-PTSD on that site.
----------------------

"You're in your 30s and single. Did you ever think what it's like to be in your 30s and married to a horrible controlling b1tch? Add some children into that mixture and paying child support for a previous "mistake"."

yeah, so my married friends tell me.......