"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

My girlfriend versus my pride

the_great_gaia

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
276
Reaction score
2
Location
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
My girlfriend once told me that if we went a whole day without talking on the phone, it'd drive her crazy.

She called me at 10:30pm, but we didn't talk too long. She said that she'd call me back. I went to sleep immediately after, I was tired. I woke up at 2:45am, and I looked at my cell phone and it didn't say "1 Missed Call"- she never called back. I know that she went out with her sisters for that night, but she never even called back. I become concerned, but I also kept telling myself "I didn't care". I called and left a message saying "You never called back, but I'm not mad. Well, good night, I'll talk to you later" Why did I leave that message? Because we've been telling each other "Good Night" on the phone for the last 2 months, kinda like a ritual. Not last night, and I definitely feel like the ball's in her court. It is. I am silently going crazy, but she'll never know it. If she ever calls back, I'll play off as if last night never even mattered. And I solely believe that my girlfriend is an "Attention *****". She has all the symptoms of one. I really think that she met another guy last night and she probably spent an eternity with him on the phone. How can I find peace?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Hubris

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Canada, Near TO
This will work itself out. What you need to do is act normal, and not do anythingrash for 1 week.

In 1 week, you'll see how stupid it was for you to have posted this message.
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
quit being a b1tch. oh boohoo she didnt call u. Who cares, get a life.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Julian
quit being a b1tch. oh boohoo she didnt call u. Who cares, get a life.
Harsh, but true. If you don't trust that your girlfriend loves you, even when she misses a call, either 1) she's not trustworthy enough to be your steady girl, or 2) you're not secure enough to be her steady guy.

Relax. :)
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Why are you calling a girl to tell her 'good night'???

Boys do this kind of thing - men don't!!!

Don't talk on the phone too much - that is what women do. Men are of 'action' not conversing - bring her in your territory and leave that phone crap for girls!
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

the_great_gaia

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
276
Reaction score
2
Location
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
i appreciate all the advice i'm receiving, even the cruel comments are beautiful; i only wish i had someone to tell me these things all alone.

Anyhow, the next morning, I woke up at 12:30pm, I went to lift weights; the fact that she didn't call was still riding on my back, I was basically feeling like a pure b1tch. And a b1tch i was, so i decided to work out. I actually wish I hadn't waken up so early, so I did a work out to make me go back to sleep; which worked. I woke back up at 2pm, and I still hadn't gotten a call. By this time, i called her and TWICE i got her voice mail. I didn't leave a message. I agreed not to call her again until 4:30pm. But I decided to check my message, because something didn't feel right. I had one new message, by her, it went:
"Yeah, wassup, Mike, this Andrea. I was just calling you to tell you i miss you and I ain't have nobody to talk to so I decided to call you or whatever. But I see you sleep, and I done called you like a million times but i'm all home by myself so all i could do is think about you, good night. bye"
........now what?
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
You sound like a wussie!!!!!!!

Read my first post and adhere to the counsel!!!!
 
Top