My Girl just broke up with me over facebook?!

Swashbuckler

Don Juan
Reaction score
She came over at like 9 p.m., and we chilled in the bed, made out, and then she left around 10.

I get this long message on facebook at 10:35 that she couldn't bring herself to tell me this in person, but she has strong feelings for me, but she needs to focus on school.

I'm graduating in a month and moving 4 hours away, and she said she couldn't do a long distance relationship, but she wants to be friends and hang out a lot.

I sent her message back basically telling her that I needed a couple days to think over if I wanted to be her friend.

Then she sent me another long one that closed with "I don't want to lose you! :( But I guess I'll understand if you don't want to be my friend."

I sent her 2 sentences back, and I was like "It's fine. You decided: focus on school."

I don't really want to be her friend at this point. I'm not exactly pissed. I'm just irritated. I'll graduate and move away, no biggie, but still over facebook?! and she wants to be friends and hang out all the time?!?! come on on! that's f'n retarded.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swashbuckler said:
She came over at like 9 p.m., and we chilled in the bed, made out, and then she left around 10.

I get this long message on facebook at 10:35 that she couldn't bring herself to tell me this in person, but she has strong feelings for me, but she needs to focus on school.

I'm graduating in a month and moving 4 hours away, and she said she couldn't do a long distance relationship, but she wants to be friends and hang out a lot.

I sent her message back basically telling her that I needed a couple days to think over if I wanted to be her friend.

Then she sent me another long one that closed with "I don't want to lose you! :( But I guess I'll understand if you don't want to be my friend."

I sent her 2 sentences back, and I was like "It's fine. You decided: focus on school."

I don't really want to be her friend at this point. I'm not exactly pissed. I'm just irritated. I'll graduate and move away, no biggie, but still over facebook?! and she wants to be friends and hang out all the time?!?! come on on! that's f'n retarded.

if she doesnt respect you to do it in person, or at LEAST over the phone then what kind of friend do you think shes going to be to you? she didn't come up with this little plan on the drive home from your house. no no no. she had this all planned out in her head BEFORE you two hungout tonight.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No contact. Don't talk to her about your feelings at all; act like you're completely fine with it, and maybe even that you were thinking about breaking it off and so you're glad that she did. Whenever you talk to her be polite but distant and always cut it short. Move on.

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares. You'll be gone in a month's time and will probably never see her again.

Bladerunner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing it over Facebook was lame, but this is what she's saying:

"You're leaving. I like you, but not enough to do a LDR. Lets keep in touch and talk every so often."

She's just telling you she wants to leave on good terms, and I'm sure if you ever wanted you could go back and hook up with her again.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well when you move away you can be that new guy and attract plenty more women :)

Swashbuckler

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't respond to her last message, and I posted a status talking about how I'm heading out of town in 2-3 weeks and oft to great things; then she sends me this: "could we possibly talk in person tomorrow after youre done with work?"

I responded with: "I'm sorry, there is nothing left to say. You're spending 40 grand on school; I understand you don't want you screw that up, and you don't like me enough to do a long-term relationship.

It's done. Enjoy your free time."

And literally as I'm typing this, she sent me: "that is not what i am saying!
please dont be like this!
would you please just talk to me"

Her status now is: "rough day to say the least :("

I won't respond. I don't owe her anything, not even a chance to talk. She blew it.

Swashbuckler

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what I just deactivated my facebook. I don't want to keep getting messages from her. I'll probably want to respond.

Plus, I need to focus on papers instead of facebook. It might be good to go off the social radar for awhile.

Dukester101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where the military takes me (currently: Okinawa, J
Swashbuckler said:
You know what I just deactivated my facebook. I don't want to keep getting messages from her. I'll probably want to respond.

Plus, I need to focus on papers instead of facebook. It might be good to go off the social radar for awhile.
Might just be the best thing you could have done. Perhaps she'll wise up by the time you get back... but you'll probably already have someone by then anyway.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well done, focus on your papers.

Just remember your first crush . . . remember how you could KILL for her? And here we are now and you don't even remember her. Focus on something that will leave you good things for tomorrow, there will always be time for women.

Darth_Qurashi

Don Juan
Reaction score
aww dude man, u shouldn't have been sarcastic with her. cuz now she knows that ur rlly pissed about it. should've said, im kidna busy.and left it at that. when ur in this position, thers a lot u wanna say, but rlly try ur best to keep everything you say to the shotest amoutn of words possible, keep your poker face! just in case u happen to talk to her again.

Swashbuckler

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna bounce out to a friend's place this weekend for two reasons.
1. I could use two good friends cheering me up; they're much better than these three roommates I got here.
2. There's no chance she'd come by. I have a feeling now that I deactivated my facebook; she'll come by after I get off work to talk.

Instead, I'll just chill at my friend's place. He's got an extra room and bed, and it's right next to my work too, so I'll save on gas.

I just need to spend this weekend getting over her as I disappear for awhile.

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
she didn't really do anything wrong

wouldn't you rather end the relationship in a better / classier way?

Swashbuckler

Don Juan
Reaction score
stayfly said:

I didn't say this, but I brought her home last weekend. She met my entire nuclear family, and she said she adored them. Then she breaks up 3 days later on facebook.

No matter how you cut it, that's wrong.

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Swashbuckler said:
I didn't say this, but I brought her home last weekend. She met my entire nuclear family, and she said she adored them. Then she breaks up 3 days later on facebook.

No matter how you cut it, that's wrong.
I know it hurts and it sux

BUT she decided to break up with you for whatever reason and that's her choice and is fine. It's up to you how you want to deal with it and handle it.

You can be thankful of all the great times you had together and let her know you wish her well OR you can just focus on the last moments and be bitter. It's totally up to you bro.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stayfly said:
:crackup: You can't be serious. His girlfriend broke up with him by telling everybody she knows that she doesn't want to be with him anymore, and just letting him overhear. That's terrible. Only complete garbage would pull something like that. This move showed a total lack of character, judgment, and respect.

I would just keep doing what you're doing and flush this loser broad down the toilet of your mind and move on to a chick that IS worth your time. Or if you want, attempt to bang her one last time but try to bust as quickly as possible...and right when you're about to blow, pull out and unleash all over her face. Then toss her clothes out the door and instruct her to exit the premises.

masterpiece

Don Juan
Reaction score

I think if she finished it in person then this could be applied, but dumping someone on facebook is very low.

Keep doing what your doing as the last thing you want is to see her/ speak to her.
Spend time with your friends till you get over her then go out and spin them plates.
tbh any girl who ends it on facebook isnt worth your time.

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...she broke it, you're just moving on with your life. You're focusing on you.

Women don't like things to end abruptly. You just shattered how she pictured her breakup should have happened, and she is confused as f@#$. Might not mean much now, but you will laugh at this in the future when you have tons of ladies down the line waiting for you.

For the others thinking she didn't do anything wrong. Ha! She broke up with him...online. She didn't respect him enough to do it in person. You show the same amount of respect a person shows you.

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl wants to break up with me, I don't really care what method she uses to tell me this and it doesn't change my opinion of her as a person.

I've had girls break up with me by letter and email before and it didn't bother me at all (any more than any other break up does).

Everyone can choose how they want to feel and act during a break up, but freaking out and totally discounting and disregarding the girls decision and the time you shared just cause she used Facebook to break up with you is pretty lame and childish to me.

Each to their own though.