Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My gf broke up with me for the dumbest reason

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Don't you think that's a bit to the extreme? A dog can be like your child. This has nothing to do with being "fair". He is asking her to choose between two things that she loves for no good reason. I agree that he should dump her. Not so he can do better, but because the OP has no sense of human decency nor the capacity to process things logically (even with a photo, the dog still doesn't bite). She offered a solution, not a compromise. A woman with logical sense is a quality woman in my book and not a common commodity in my experience. I actually enjoy a woman with a bit of backbone. As long as its not nonsense (and this isn't), a little push back is not only good to keep me on my toes, but can also remind me that I can be a d*ck sometimes. Being a d*ck has nothing to do with being a man. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am all for being king of the castle, but a king who indiscriminately passes harsh judgement and punishment, will eventually get dog food in his breakfast.
I'm in agreement with Desdinova.

If a woman intends to move into my crib then she has to adapt and make efforts to fit in.

The choice is hers to make.

In this case, OP has stated the law - his house, his law - his frame.

She refused to abide by it.

And if he goes crawling back to her then she has successfully managed to reframe him to meet her needs....she's therefore empowered to do some other shiet along the way and this will gradually weaken a man to a point where she loses all attraction towards him.

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Spaz
Although I don't agree with how the OP handled this, at this point, the horse is out of the barn. I do agree, however, that he really has no choice but to stand his ground. Oops.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you think that's a bit to the extreme?
Nope.

A dog can be like your child.
...And is it a good idea to shack up with a single mom?

He is asking her to choose between two things that she loves for no good reason.
Someone could easily say that about choosing a bf over a male orbiter.

A woman with logical sense is a quality woman in my book and not a common commodity in my experience.
I have yet to meet a woman who completely possesses "logical sense". All women make decisions according to how they feel in the moment. If she was serious about committing her life to him, she would get rid of her dog. I would say that this is a 5hit test that she failed. She didn't properly qualify to be his faithful and loyal companion, so she doesn't deserve to live with him.

A woman who cannot adapt to his life paves the way to take him for half his 5hit if common-law is viewed the same as marriage.

I actually enjoy a woman with a bit of backbone
A woman can both have a backbone and adopt his life as hers.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gf and I were supposed to be moving in with each other next month. However, that all changed today. We both have dogs and they hate each other. They fight multiple times a day. And if we’re being honest here I don’t like her dog. I even told her today, “that thing sucks”. Well they got in another fight today while I was gone and I received a text from my gf saying my dog bit her while trying to break up the fight. I told her my dog has never done that so I don’t believe her. She sent me the picture and still told her that she was lying oh my dog. She snapped and said don’t ever disrespect her again by calling her a liar. She then suggested we get a dog trainer but like I said I just don’t like her dog. I told her that her dog is not allowed to live at my house (she was supposed to live with me) and to have her dog stay with her parents. All in all she told me her dog wasn’t going anywhere, called me selfish, and broke up with me.

I feel like this is the dumbest reason to break up with someone-just send the dog to your parents it’s not a big deal.
If she really cared about me she wouldn’t have dumped me for her dog.
Like I said dumb.

Tl;dr got broken up with because I don’t like her dog
Never underestimate a womans level of "care" or "do not care" for you. A woman who professes to love you more than the world itself today can be ankles high with new chad tomorrow because of how he made her feel in 5 minutes.

She wants to keep her dog. You want to get rid of it. You stood your ground. Now she is wanting her way and "dumping you." It is what it is and what is done is done.

Did your dog bite her? At this point it doesn't matter anymore. She is gone.

Best thing to do is go NC. Proceed how you want to from there. Since she dumped you (personally) i would not take her back. I would stay no contact and go meet and date new women

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the stand your ground opinions. Maybe the OP could have been calmer about it. But it is his home. And it's a fukking dog, not a child. (Women with dogs annoy me, anyway.) She could have simply said, why don't we put this off until one of us doesn't have a dog anymore, but she went nuclear. So...screw it. To use their phrase, wasn't meant to be!

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in agreement with Desdinova.

If a woman intends to move into my crib then she has to adapt and make efforts to fit in.

The choice is hers to make.

In this case, OP has stated the law - his house, his law - his frame.

She refused to abide by it.

And if he goes crawling back to her then she has successfully managed to reframe him to meet her needs....she's therefore empowered to do some other shiet along the way and this will gradually weaken a man to a point where she loses all attraction towards him.
I don't disagree. But this would've only worked if it was a rule he set from the get-go which I don't think he did.

I agree with the stand your ground opinions. Maybe the OP could have been calmer about it. But it is his home. And it's a fukking dog, not a child. (Women with dogs annoy me, anyway.) She could have simply said, why don't we put this off until one of us doesn't have a dog anymore, but she went nuclear. So...screw it. To use their phrase, wasn't meant to be!
This is annoying to me as well. I've never met a woman who treated their dog like a dog.

bizzym

Banned
Reaction score
I don't disagree. But this would've only worked if it was a rule he set from the get-go which I don't think he did.

This is annoying to me as well. I've never met a woman who treated their dog like a dog.
thank you for agreeing with me.
she kept saying I screwed her over with a place to live and I’m selfish over blah blah blah. Saying how she’d be moving into my place 40 min away from her job, have her 70 yr old parents watch her dog, and give up her dog while I don’t sacrifice anything.

We went to go check out an apartment on Saturday (we were planning on moving to a new place when I found a tenant). She just gave her apartment notice (the last day she could tell them she was moving out) that she’s be moving out that morning and later that day I told her the dog couldn’t stay. So somehow I screwed her over, but she knew I didn’t like her dog. But I feel like, you said, I dodged a bullet if she broke up with me over this.

Last edited:

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
Nope.

...And is it a good idea to shack up with a single mom?

Someone could easily say that about choosing a bf over a male orbiter.

I have yet to meet a woman who completely possesses "logical sense". All women make decisions according to how they feel in the moment. If she was serious about committing her life to him, she would get rid of her dog. I would say that this is a 5hit test that she failed. She didn't properly qualify to be his faithful and loyal companion, so she doesn't deserve to live with him.

A woman who cannot adapt to his life paves the way to take him for half his 5hit if common-law is viewed the same as marriage.

A woman can both have a backbone and adopt his life as hers.
so his dog bites HER and she has to give up her dog? You talk about logic, but what you’re saying is completely illogical.

she offered a solution to make everyone happy and OP didn’t want that, when it’s clear his dog needs the training anyways if he’s biting. Asking her to get rid of something she loves would 1)make her sad 2)cause inevitable resentment, both what have caused the demise the of the relationship. Ultimatums never go over well. Then he pulled a d*ck move by viewing apartments and letting her tell her complex she’s vacating THEN telling her the dog wasn’t welcome. If he felt that way he should’ve told her these things before she started changing and uprooting her life. There’s being a man about ish and there’s being an a$$.OP is the latter. He was wrong.

Last edited:

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
I have my doubts that the break up was about a dog. Think about it, how much does a person loves and respects you if they are willing to never speak to you again because of a dog. None, no respect, no love. Dog my friend is just an excuse.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never call anyone a liar unless you have absolute proof they are being dishonest. If the OP thought she was a liar, with no real proof... just a gut call.... then he should have been the one calling it off.

But really I have no idea what he is complaining about. This chick really wasn't into him that much. If she were, she would have found a new home for her dog. When a chick really loves you, she will drop EVERYTHING to be with you. Clearly he was not as important as the dog... she did him a favor.
What age are we living in here guys? How many chicks do you know that will drop EVERYTHING for her man these days?

Bishes aren't loyal for ten minutes these days.. And our expectations are of an ALL sacrificing female who will climb mountains, walk on fire, give her much loved animal away for some dude who is dime a dozen these days?

You want loyalty and devotion to that ridiculous level?

Best get in the workshop.. And build a fukin TIME MACHINE

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
….. How many chicks do you know that will drop EVERYTHING for her man these days?
Not many. I agree, but if you are going to take the step to have a woman move in with you, you best have a higher priority than a dog. My point is that if you are going to slap on that 'leash' you best make sure she isn't going to be yanking on it hard. You have problems like this from the start... it will not get any better.

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
Not many. I agree, but if you are going to take the step to have a woman move in with you, you best have a higher priority than a dog. My point is that if you are going to slap on that 'leash' you best make sure she isn't going to be yanking on it hard. You have problems like this from the start... it will not get any better.
and she could easily say the same the thing about him. His dog friggin bit her and fights with her dog. Why would she want to move into house where she gets bitten? She offered to have both dogs get trained so everyone, dogs included, could be happy. He stupidly turned that down and in turn OP made it about the dogs by saying her dog couldn’t live there after is dog bit her, uh what?

This is more about the dogs. It shows OPs lack of compromise, lack of logical thinking (because it sounds like the dogs need to be trained regardless), and him pulling the rug from her at the last minute aka unreliable.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so his dog bites HER and she has to give up her dog?
Maybe his dog suspected she was a piece of 5hit and is trying to protect him. I'd be buying that dog a steak.

Asking her to get rid of something she loves would 1)make her sad 2)cause inevitable resentment, both what have caused the demise the of the relationship.
He shouldn't have needed to ask her to give up the dog. She should have volunteered to do so after learning that he didn't like her dog. Dogs don't live for 70 years, people do. If she genuinely wanted a life with him, it would be more logical to ditch the dog.

Then he pulled a d*ck move by viewing apartments and letting her tell her complex she’s vacating THEN telling her the dog wasn’t welcome.
The OP's biggest mistake was not putting his foot down hard enough. He should have told her that he's not willing to live with her as long as she has her dog. Love does not conquer all, but a man should find a woman who believes it does.

bizzym

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe his dog suspected she was a piece of 5hit and is trying to protect him. I'd be buying that dog a steak.

He shouldn't have needed to ask her to give up the dog. She should have volunteered to do so after learning that he didn't like her dog. Dogs don't live for 70 years, people do. If she genuinely wanted a life with him, it would be more logical to ditch the dog.

The OP's biggest mistake was not putting his foot down hard enough. He should have told her that he's not willing to live with her as long as she has her dog. Love does not conquer all, but a man should find a woman who believes it does.
nah my dog actually loves her. She actually tries to protect him when bit him a little too hard. He peed in the kitchen over the weekend and wouldn’t let her dog eat her food because he wanted it. I kind of lost it. She stepped in to say I was hitting him too hard.

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
nah my dog actually loves her. She actually tries to protect him when bit him a little too hard. He peed in the kitchen over the weekend and wouldn’t let her dog eat her food because he wanted it. I kind of lost it. She stepped in to say I was hitting him too hard.

So you’re wrong - his dog loves her. His dog pees, effs with the other dogs food, and is biting and again she should give up her dog and go move in with a dog who acts like that? At this point this about you telling OP to assert his manly dominance at any cost, which is awful advice. Instead you should be telling OP to get his dog trained gf or not so his dog doesn’t act like that and maybe, just maybe, tell OP not act like a prick either.

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
Better yet. Why not have them both learn how to be dog owners then maybe they willbe mature enough to have an LTR.
she tried when she suggested both dogs get trained. He said no. She took the mature route. He didn’t.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I took my first rottie put to the vet about 15 years ago. He looked at me and ssid.

"You do reslize this pup is going to weigh about 100lbs someday. And you will have to give out spankings now and again?"

Great vet and true story. She turned out fantastic. Can stop her with 1 command.

Now try that with a woman.
Give her a command "you need to come out of the street" when a bus is coming.