My first close please critique

zack77766

Don Juan
Reaction score
Me: C+F opener.
Her: she’s laughing but completely misses the joke
Me: (I look at her shoes) So do you skateboard?
Her: no
Me: Have you ever thought about learning how to?
Her: No
Me: Oh that’s all right I’ll teach you(I whip out my paper)
Her: ???
Me: Oh (Do you ever get asked out?) let me call you sometime.
Her: Oh I don’t have a number (or something like that and starts walking to some girls nearby)
Me: OK so can I have your email? (She does so) You’re not a theif are you?
Me: I’d like you to have this (I screwed up on this big time?). I take off my watch.
Her: Oh no that’s ok.
Hows it look? Why wont she give me her number? Why did she look all confused when I whipped out my paper? Was she impressed? I know her a little and she had a crush on me. Its a real email too.

We both had strong eye contact, were about 3 inches apart, and we were alone but around a crowd. Some girls were trying to pull her out but she said stuff like just a sec (obv jealousy). before my close she did sit next to me

zack77766

Don Juan
Reaction score
Daddy The Pimp said:
lol some girls simply doesnt wanna give their number to strangers .
And the moment she started going away from you you lost her .

And what was a deal about the watch ?
You were going to give it to her ???? :box:
but i still got her email.... If she wants to play games then i know im done
yeah about the watch, I totally screwed up i wanted to do the neil straus technique but it backfired. she isnt a stranger

zack77766

Don Juan
Reaction score
PHAT Rabbit said:
How well do you know her? Once you asked her if she liked to skateboard and she gave you a negative response - you should've went off onto a story... maybe about how you learned to skateboard. She will listen and her mind won't help but think of something else to say. That'll get you alteast 2-3 more minutes of conversation, which you can use to flirt and build attraction.

You have many more closes to go if this is your first, but I salute your efforts. Progression is the name of the game.
We know each other cuz were in a club at school. we only see each other once a week. She shows lots of iois at the club and sometimes would try to start a convo. I made my move yesterday.

Gustav Yavo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Umm well i dont really like how you appraoched and tried to conquer, but you did have enough balls to talk to the girl and try and that is more than anyone could say for about 75% of the guys on this board. So congrats, keep leaning, just keep trying, and eventually you'll plant your seed!

Gustav Yavo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ye i thought that was wierd too? its seems like your just talking to a girl who seems pretty uninterested and then you try to pawn your watch off on her?

Damocles

Don Juan
Reaction score
zack77766 said:
Was she wearing skate shoes? Why'd you ask if she skateboards?
She says she's never thought about learning how, then you offer to teach her how... try listening to her. She said she wasn't interested in skateboarding. Change the topic slightly at this point.
oh God. Please tell me you didn't say "do you ever get asked out?"
Her: Oh I don’t have a number (or something like that and starts walking to some girls nearby)
Me: OK so can I have your email? (She does so)
OK, you're being persistant, not bad in itself... but... well, she's already walking away... at this point, consider saying something noncommittal, like "yea, take 'er easy" or something. conversation's pretty much over at this point.
Me: You’re not a theif are you?
Me: I’d like you to have this (I screwed up on this big time?). I take off my watch.
Dude. That's just creepy. The girls trying to walk away from you, and you start telling her you're going to give her your watch? ... something like that might work right off the bat with a random girl, but... well, it's got to go to a point where you get your watch back... then you start talking to the girl about herself.

Hows it look? Why wont she give me her number? Why did she look all confused when I whipped out my paper? Was she impressed? I know her a little and she had a crush on me. Its a real email too.
It doesn't look so good. My guess is that she wouldn't give you her number because she doesn't want to learn how to skateboard. It's not really a girl thing. She might have a crush on you, but try to find something you two both like to talk about, and then use that to find out something that you both like, or that you'd like to try together...

but for now, let it slide. Give it a few days, a few weeks, whatever. If you keep at it, she's going to think you're trying too hard.

zack77766

Don Juan
Reaction score
um no she was interested in me. the email address she gave me was legit. remember girls were trying to pull her away for about 2-3 times that night but she still stayed. i think if she wasnt interested she would have just gave me a fake number. she still lives with her parents.....about the watch yeah I screwed up cuz I was trying to do strauss' give trick but I botched the words

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the stuff that confuses you didn't work becuase it came across WIERD

the paper thing came out of nowhere. one second you're asking if she skateboards. then you're whipping out a piece of paper without any context. meanwhile she's looking at you, wondering wtf is going on? next time pull out the paper AFTER she gives you the contact info. that's what someone who isn't so eager to get the number would do

the watch thing came across wierd because it was out of nowhere too. she wasn't even paying attention to the watch and then suddenly you wanna give it to her. next time give her the watch only if she notices it first and gushes at it or soemthing. even still giving her a watch is kinda wierd because, well, it's a watch and it's something YOU would NEED. I think Mystery uses a hat when he does it. that makes more sense. and even then he only gives the hat after he knows he's got some attraction

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zack77766 said:
Me: OK so can I have your email? (She does so) You’re not a theif are you?
You offered your watch for her giving you her email? LOLOLOLOL. What would give her if she gave you her phone number - your pants? If she doesn't skateboard, you have change the subject to something she IDENTIFIES with. Clothes, music, hair, sex, whatever. She said she didn't skateboard and you forced the issue. Pick something she likes and roll with it as much as you can.

Reverse the situation and pretend a HB was into you trying to pick you up.

HB: Do you bungy jump?
You: No, I like skateboarding
HB: Why don't you bungy jump?
You: I don't know, skateboarding is much more fun. I love skateboarding.
HB: You should learn how to bungy jump, I can teach you.

How would you like this girl if she's not listening to what you are saying? You would probably tell her where to go.