Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My favourite topic!

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, how good are you at catching girls checking you out? How often do you catch girls checking you out. Psychologists suggest that women are better at catching men checking them out, than men are at catching women.

I'm very good at checking out guys without them noticing me, but too weeks ago two guys caught me checking them out, and I quickly looked away.

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
East Middle North America, near the water.
Until recently I never bothered really trying... but then after I started trying to catch them, I've gotten really successful with it.

And we guys stare longer, too. Women are reeeal fast with breaking a stare.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Caught 1 girl last week. Would be easier if females didn't alway do fleeting glances...They wonder why we don't talk to them...

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Either I'm really ugly or I don't know what to look for, because I never seem to catch a lady checking my goods. I make eye contact quite a bit, but I never know if she was checking me out or it was just random eye contact. Women aren't as obvious as guys, we don't care for the most part if a lady catches us.

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have gotten a lot better at it now but I still don't catch them all. It isn't unusual for me now to find a few girls a day checking me out but in the past I have never noticed, if they ever did at all. Some don’t do it very obvious at all but others turn around at a restaurant every couple of minutes and are a little more obvious about it.

Dressing a little better and sporting a more stylish haircut I think has increased the number of ladies checking me out, before I think I was just average or at least I didn’t stand out as much.

I had a really interesting experience a few days ago. This college age girl was going about her business and I didn’t see her checking me out at all, I actually found it to be odd but oh well. Later on as I was checking out of Block Buster the clerk and I had a discussion and he knows where I work, once he mentioned where it was all of a sudden she starts checking me out hard.

I think one of the best pieces of advice that I have seen is that “it is always on.” Even if she isn’t checking you out, assume it is on until you find out otherwise and even then it may still be. Some girls will not be interested in you until you show some interest in them.

The checking people out thing is fun and healthy but I don’t take it any further than that, it is just a good confidence booster for me, and for her.

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two words.

PERIPHERAL VISION.

Women have it. Men don't.

That is why women can peek and not get caught. Its really nothing for men to be insecure about. Nor is it anything for women to brag about. Its just how evolution has dealt the cards.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh, men have peripheral vision. Men just don't care about getting caught and women do for some reason.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great topic MW.

Now my question for you is when you were caught, did you want to be caught? And if yes, then why did you look away so fast?

I'd like to think I'm above average when it comes to catching women checking me out. Sometimes my mind is elsewhere and I ignore it, other times I smile and wave, and since I'm in an LTR I don't stop to chit chat any more.

Once I was in my car in a big hurry and I notice the girl in the car in front of me is checking me out in her rearview mirror. Light turns green, she's still sitting there. Seemed like forever, and since I'm in a hurry I point at the green light in front of her. Man she looked embarassed LOL.

Another good story is when I was riding my motorcycle on a beautiful summer day, no helmet, shorts, tanktop. I pass by a pretty girl and see her checking me out in the corner of my eye. I do a double take and I see that she's just gorgeous, and not afraid to let me know with her eyes that she feels the same way. So our eyes are locked and I'm thinking I'm gonna pull over and let her hop on, when suddenly I see this totally horrified look on her face, and she's looking straight ahead of her. I look up to see what she's looking at, and it's a parked car that I'm about to crash into! I slid sideways, regained control, and kept going, too embarassed to stop.

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She may have had a boyfriend, and withdrew when you were going to approach you. I don't she was playing games here, she was just admiring your beauty.

I quickly look away when I get caught, because it is a natural reaction. I would like to get caught sometimes and share a little harmless eyecontact flirtation with the guy, but I always chicken out.

I saw this really hot guy walking on the otherside of the street yesterday, I turned my head 90 degrees and was even smiling as I checked him out (this is very forward for me). No he didn't see me, but the girls behind him saw me do this and they started to smile.

GirlCrazy I think you have very good perperial vision, which goes against the arguement of men not having perperial version.

Guys try this exercise to improve your vision, when you see a girl you like the look of walking on the otherside of the street. Instead of turning your head, just keep your head still and glance her direction.

syncronic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I catch it all the time. I know when girls are checking me out even if im not looking i can sorta "feel" the look. Then i notice it out of the corner of my eays cause she thinks im not looking. Then i think in my head "ha ha shes checking me out!" and it makes me feel good. So yes i use my peripheral vision all the time and it works quite well.

You're right that girls are more subtle in how they do it. At leat most of the time. For one thing i can just hold eye contact with a girl and if she holds it 3 seconds or more then i can tell she's interested. Lots of times after that they'll look again, and again. :) The double and tripple take.

At a club on the dance floor is another place. I can dance. So when i do i know im getting lots of attention, then i look around and see im getting attention. If im looking like im living happy and vicariously it tends to get more attention.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MysteryWoman
Guys, how good are you at catching girls checking you out? How often do you catch girls checking you out. Psychologists suggest that women are better at catching men checking them out, than men are at catching women.

I'm very good at checking out guys without them noticing me, but too weeks ago two guys caught me checking them out, and I quickly looked away.
Hey MysteryWoman, since you brought this topic up, maybe you can answer a question that I have.

When you check guys out, I wonder, what exactly DO you check out? :confused:

I know that I only check out girls when you can see some skin (legs, etc.), but guys usually just dress in whatever.

I can understand if the guy is like big muscle guy or whatever, but what about the more 'average' guys? I am an average build, no big muscles, no broad sholders, and even I notice girls here and there check me out sometimes.

I am like WTF? I ain't dressed in skimpy clothes or whatever?

The only thing I can think of is that they are looking at my face. (I think I may have kind-of a 'pretty boy' thing going on...yech!)

I always forget to ask, but I think I may ask the next girl who does this to me.

"Whatta YOU lookin' at!?"

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever a girl catches me stare at her, I smile (not a wide one where its like I should be arrested for being a creep) I caught a few girls stare at me and I just smile back.

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually check out the guy's face, but I can immediately take in his whole figure at the same time. If a guy looks good, it doesn't matter whether he is wearing skimpy clothes or not. But I think that is difference between men and women, men are more body orientated (even thought they appreciate a pretty face). I notice men check out women a lot more in the summer when they are wearing skimpy clothes, and I get checked out more when I wear a skimpy clothes. In the winter a model can walk into a room all covered up and hardley any guy raises an eyebrow, whilst in the summer half of the room are turning their heads.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GirlCrazy I think you have very good perperial vision, which goes against the arguement of men not having perperial version.
Yes I have good peripheral vision from riding a motorcycle for so many years. It's part of what fighter pilots call "situational awareness", which means being aware of everything going on in your surroundings at all times. For a motorcycle rider it's the difference between another drive up the coast or a ride in the back of an ambulance (or worse).

It's a damn shame that most men seem completely oblivious to what's going on around them. They wouldn't notice a pretty girl checking them out if she was wearing a neon sign around her neck.

Here's the worst I've ever been caught. When I was 18 I worked in a file room where I was the only male in the place working with about 10 attractive girls. We had a temp named Andrea, who was just a knockout with a great personality. I didn't even realize I was checking her out when I hear Gayle clear her throat, and I look up and Gayle is holding this huge sign she made that read: "YOU LIKE HER" with a big arrow pointing to Andrea. Now of course she did this in such a way that Andrea didn't see this, but every other girl in the room did and I was embarassed. Getting caught is fine, but this was getting CAUGHT.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty good at it cause I'm a people watcher by nature, and have learned to watch for subtle cues of attraction.

In the clubs I usually catch one or more groups of girls looking our way. I always mention it to whoever I am out with, and they are usually clueless.

The girl I am dating now is a classic example. We were on the dance floor, and I pointed out to him three girls that were checking us out. Two minutes later they approched him commenting on his hair. Before you know it they are partying at my place, blah, blah, blah. I told my girl I had them pegged from the first few seconds, and she confirmed that they were indeed checking us out, and noticed that I busted 'em. Damn I'm good.

mr.buick

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is going to sound pathetic but I don't even bother looking anymore. Women as far as I can tell don't check me out. I'm in good shape and height weight proportionate. I'm not ugly, but I think they can't get past the height thing. I'm about 5' 6" tall, and that's about the only thing I think it can be. Nevertheless I'll still smile and try to keep a good attitude. :rolleyes: John

much2learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: My favourite topic!

Originally posted by icepick

When you check guys out, I wonder, what exactly DO you check out? :confused:

Dude, they're checking out your ass. That's why it's so hard to catch them checking us out; unless we have eyes in the back of our head, it's not easy to catch them in the act of doing that.

The reason men get caught more frequently is that women have boobs, which unfortunately for us are located on the same side of their body as their eyes.

trace_man

Don Juan
Reaction score
DUDE!! Mr. Buick, i too have that same problem, I am 5'6" and girls like men to be taller,.....that is what i have concluded. it sucks, but if you lift, and get heavy (muscular not fat) chicks like it....

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is why almost every short guy i know lifts. lol