Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My favourite topic!

mr.buick

Don Juan
Reaction score
trace- man, funny you mentioned that you lift, I've been lifting for eight years. Yes it helps. I guess woman look at short guys the same way we guys look at fat chicks. :D Glad someone out there understands. John:)

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
its like survivor said, apparently chicks can take in alot more without moving there eyeballs as much, where guys have to be actually facing the thing there looking at.
read it somewhere, i also questioned a friend on this and she knew all about it aswell.
I had never even heard about until a few months ago.
trust me chicks are checking us out JUST as much as we do with them, who knows may even be more so.

mr.buick

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ( . )( . )
its like survivor said, apparently chicks can take in alot more without moving there eyeballs as much, where guys have to be actually facing the thing there looking at.
read it somewhere, i also questioned a friend on this and she knew all about it aswell.
I had never even heard about until a few months ago.
trust me chicks are checking us out JUST as much as we do with them, who knows may even be more so.
[/QUOTE

Man......if this is true, I'm afraid to think of all the opportunities I've blown! :eek: :eek: :eek: Doh!!!
John:rolleyes:

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just assume they're ALL checking me out. :p

The Real Deal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read this something like this somewhere.

Men would be 2 times more daring, if they knew half of what woman thought.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Survivor
Two words.

PERIPHERAL VISION.

Women have it. Men don't.

That is why women can peek and not get caught. Its really nothing for men to be insecure about. Nor is it anything for women to brag about. Its just how evolution has dealt the cards.
You know, I didn't believe this when you wrote it, but I was reading today about sex differences, and whaddya know...

Absolutely right!

I didn't believe it because if it was true, then there are girls constantly "peripherally" checking me out. (I'll be sitting behind some chick, "Why you staring at the wall honey?")

Damn, girls are even worse then guys! Guess cause they don't have to worry about popping a boner in class, must be nice.

I try not to check girls out because then I sit there picturing them with thier legs over thier heads, with me goin' to town! lol!

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The peripheral vision thing is dead right. It comes from thousands of years of evolution - males being the hunters, needing 90 degree vision straight ahead, concentrating on the prey and ignoring his situation.

Woman do not require this, they stay home with the other women and families and use their better closer-to-180 degree vision to ensure that they are safe until the men return.

--

As for me, I'm getting better at noticing these days. I use the "watch test" sometimes when I'm not sure. Mirrors are great fun too :)

Osc.

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by icepick
You know, I didn't believe this when you wrote it, but I was reading today about sex differences, and whaddya know...

Absolutely right!

I didn't believe it because if it was true, then there are girls constantly "peripherally" checking me out. (I'll be sitting behind some chick, "Why you staring at the wall honey?")

Damn, girls are even worse then guys! Guess cause they don't have to worry about popping a boner in class, must be nice.

I try not to check girls out because then I sit there picturing them with thier legs over thier heads, with me goin' to town! lol!
This sounds like a crock of sh!t to me.

Where did you read this?

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BRAIN SEX: The real difference between men and women
by Anne Moir, Ph.D. and David Jessel.
Dell Publishing (paperback), New York, 1992.

[SNIP]

When the sexes are compared, women show a greater sensitivity to sound. The dripping tap will get the woman out of bed before the man has even woken up. Six times as many girls as boys can sing in tune. They are also more adept in noticing small changes in volume, which goes some way to explaining womens' superior sensitivity to that "tone of voice" which their male partners are so often accused of adopting. Men and women even see some things differently. Women see better in the dark. They are more sensitive to the red end of the spectrum, seeing more red hues there than men, and have a better visual memory. Men see better than women in bright light. Intriguing results also show that men tend to be literally blinkered; they see in a narrow field - mild tunnel vision - with greater concentration on depth. They have a better sense of perspective than women. Women, however, quite literally take in the bigger picture. They have wider peripheral vision, because they have more of the receptor rods and cones in the retina, at the back of the eyeball, to receive a wider arc of visual input.

Mars and Venus in tandem

Why men can never find anything and women miss nothing yet they're no good at parking: Women cannot understand why men can't find the butter in the fridge when it's in front of them and men can't figure out why women can spot a dirty sock in a corner 15 metres away yet don't notice a flashing red warning light on a car dashboard.

It's all to do with peripheral vision. A woman has a far wider arc of peripheral vision than a man -- in other words, she can see a lot more without moving her head and also remembers objects in a complex pattern. Men's vision is more tunnel-like which works for long distances and is probably linked with their days as early hunters. He has to move his head up and down and side to side in order to locate "missing" objects. But this tunnel vision works for men when it comes to parking, whereas women have poor spatial ability and have difficulty with it, especially parallel parking.
Bodanis "The Secret Family"

They generally have better peripheral vision than men because they have more off-center receptors in their retinas

Men, because of a different concentration of the same receptors, require a more face-on view to see things, as well.
Do a google, there's tonnes of info.

Osc.

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronin I

Where did you read this?
I didn't believe it either until about I just did some searches on the internet. There appears to be little disagreement that women have better peripheral vision. Just do a search in google. There also appears to be legitmate reasons why men are better map readers than women.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronin I

Where did you read this?
Hey, that's what I thought too.

Every single day, I find out that more and more of the "innocent" sh*t that females do, isn't really that innocent at all!

I am actually trying to prove many of my 'findings' wrong, but it is difficult.

But I do laugh my ass off sometimes, it is nice to know that the human mind is not governed by only one party.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Women see better in the dark.
You know, I also read on the internet that blue eyes let in more light so blue eyed people can see a little better in the dark... I'm thinking maybe it's BS but has anyone else read up on what the evolutionary advantage to the different color eyes are?

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The peripheral theory explains alot why men are not good at catching women checking them out, but I wouldn't take it literally.
As I am a woman and have no problems reading maps, yet have good peripheral vision. I think it means that one gender on the whole are better than the other, but some men do have good peripheral vision.

Some guys (though they are in the minority) catch you out the moment you slightly glance their way. Another guy I checked out who was walking on the other side ot the street (I am more confident checking out guys on the opposite side of the street than head on), caught me doing long fleeting glances (without moving my head). Yet he still had to turn his head 90 degrees to catch me.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PERIPHERAL VISION.

Women have it. Men don't.
OK so it seems that women have BETTER peripheral vision. Saying men don't have it is still wrong.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah for gods sake. Can't you people read?

The articles say that in general, women have better peripheral vision than men.

"In general"

Meaning not always true.

"better than men"

Meaning, yes, men have it too, just that it's quite often not as good.

Wow, takes a lot to get me riled but plain stupidity does it.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh, speaking of stupidity I was referring to the original quote NOT the article - hence the quote. Settle down bro. The article cleared it all up... :cool:

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually this is something I have recently gotten very good at, I constantly see women checking me out driving, at the gym, at the mall, etc :) its nice.....