Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

my ears are burning!

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I was out at with a group of new found buddies at a burger joint last night. I was talking to one of the girls about my new boyfriend (yes I am back in business :cool: ) and I was sitting across the table from the group's male hottie.
When he heard the word boyfriend come from me, I noticed out of the corner my eye that he suddenly perked up and was paying attention to what I was saying(I was talking about how close my boy lives to his work). We had always been friendly towards each other and I once joked about him being cute, so it's not like I had previously upset him. For the rest of the evening he did not speak to me.

So what is this? disappointment? relief? I don't get it. :confused:

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're a girl right?

If that's the case, then he was pissed off that you had a boyfriend, he was thinking he had a chance.

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well from what little info. you gave I would just say that when you mentioned you had a boyfriend he realized you were now off the market and that there is really no point in talking to you ;) .

Unlike some guys on this board, there are many of us that don't bother with girls that already have boyfriends (unless they come to us - then we're just doing her and her man a favor by banging the cheating wench :D )

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by matius
You're a girl right?

If that's the case, then he was pissed off that you had a boyfriend, he was thinking he had a chance.
:D last time I checked, that was definetely the case.

Ah ok I see what you mean now. I just thought that because he would not talk to me, I had been offensive in some way.

the lights are now on, please let this thread drop.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HA HA!

I always used to do that kind of thing. Geez, I was a stupid idiot.

If he was anything like I was, this is what he was thinking:

While you guys were out, before you said the boyfriend thing:

"Yup, out with some people, plus that chick over thier thinks I am hot! If I ever want to get a girlfriend, I know just who to call!"

After you said the boyfriend thing:

"D*mn, she doesn't like me anymore. Her attention is going to some other guy, damnit. I guess I am not 'the hot guy' that she likes anymore."

And he was probably taken aback, since he is used to dealing with you when he knows that you like him.

Guys have this weird thing where we think a girl ONLY can like ONE guy at a time. It is strange, don't ask me where it comes from. Maybe because young girls have "crushes" on only one guy at a time? I dunno.

So, I guess, you LJBFed him by grabbing yourself a boyfriend. So now, he can't get that little ego boost by flirting with you.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a little passing shot before I go.

Originally posted by -HPNOTIQ-
ShortyB.

You got NEXTED.
:eek:

ronin- thanks. I am not good at the whole dating thing and relating to guys on a level other than which football team is going to make the final series this year. So it's hard to understand why, just because I am already taken should that make me somone who you can't talk to.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok then new question

Originally posted by icepick
HA HA!

I always used to do that kind of thing. Geez, I was a stupid idiot.

If he was anything like I was, this is what he was thinking:

While you guys were out, before you said the boyfriend thing:

"Yup, out with some people, plus that chick over thier thinks I am hot! If I ever want to get a girlfriend, I know just who to call!"

After you said the boyfriend thing:

"D*mn, she doesn't like me anymore. Her attention is going to some other guy, damnit. I guess I am not 'the hot guy' that she likes anymore."

And he was probably taken aback, since he is used to dealing with you when he knows that you like him.

Guys have this weird thing where we think a girl ONLY can like ONE guy at a time. It is strange, don't ask me where it comes from. Maybe because young girls have "crushes" on only one guy at a time? I dunno.

So, I guess, you LJBFed him by grabbing yourself a boyfriend. So now, he can't get that little ego boost by flirting with you.
ok, what is the story there? why not stay friends with the girl and keep her on a short list of sorts. There was clearly something about her that you liked in the first place.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: ok then new question

Originally posted by ShortyBrown
why not stay friends with the girl and keep her on a short list of sorts. .
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Ohhhhh, I can feel the dagger threw my heart.

Listen shorty, if you want ANY respect from the boys here on this site, please DO NOT EVER say that a guy should be friends with a girl he can't get. EVER. Ohhhhhhh!!!! I think im feeling faint.

You have broken DJ rule number 1,2 and 3. NEVER be in any type of a friend zone. EVER

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's obviously an AFC.

The funny thing about this senerio, 99.9% of the guys on this board can relate to the guy who isn't your BF.

Him: "Damn it...She has a BF now?? WTF?? I flirt with her..she says I'm cute. She showed high IL in me..but..damn..now she's talking to her girlfriends about her new man?!?! Where did I go wrong, what do I do now, OH..the hell with it..I'm just going to next Shorty"

Now, from that paragraph above..how many times have you heard the DJ's on this board come on here and ask questions that can totally relate to that fella.

He was just waiting for a sign. Just like the average AFC, he missed the boat, now, he's feeling sorry for himself and moving on.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by -HPNOTIQ-
He's obviously an AFC.

The funny thing about this senerio, 99.9% of the guys on this board can relate to the guy who isn't your BF.

Him: "Damn it...She has a BF now?? WTF?? I flirt with her..she says I'm cute. She showed high IL in me..but..damn..now she's talking to her girlfriends about her new man?!?! Where did I go wrong, what do I do now, OH..the hell with it..I'm just going to next Shorty"

Now, from that paragraph above..how many times have you heard the DJ's on this board come on here and ask questions that can totally relate to that fella.

He was just waiting for a sign. Just like the average AFC, he missed the boat, now, he's feeling sorry for himself and moving on.
If you're making me out to be some kind of b!tch, it isn't appreciated. I didn't mean to be cruel.

EDIT: we have resolved our differences. :D

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShortyBrown
Oh no, I mean in the sense of ignoring her. Why be rude about it?
This guys IS NOT AN AFC. If anything, the opposite.

Why is ignoring you being rude? Hell, i give this guy props and I think he handled it well. An idiot AFC guy would have gotten mad, and attempted some sort of co ck block or some type of convo and got cought up in YOUR LJBF zone.

If anything, he did the DJ thing by ignoring you. LOOK WHAT IT JUST DID - Your IL in this guy has just perked up without you even realizing it. How do I know this? Your taking time out of your day by talking/writing about him and calling him a hottie.

All you aspiring DJ's out there, take heed to this post. Look and realize what happened and whats going on.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually..more I think about that..I revert my position and have to agree with blu.

good eye.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by myfriendblu
This guys IS NOT AN AFC. If anything, the opposite.

Why is ignoring you being rude? Hell, i give this guy props and I think he handled it well. An idiot AFC guy would have gotten mad, and attempted some sort of co ck block or some type of convo and got cought up in YOUR LJBF zone.

If anything, he did the DJ thing by ignoring you. LOOK WHAT IT JUST DID - Your IL in this guy has just perked up without you even realizing it. How do I know this? Your taking time out of your day by talking/writing about him and calling him a hottie.

All you aspiring DJ's out there, take heed to this post. Look and realize what happened and whats going on.
Ah-ha! Blu, you smart cookie! I'm giving the dude less credit than he deserved, the crafty bugger!

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really want to know about this dude, look around...

--If he has a lot of friends that are girls that flirt with him, etc., and he KNOWS they like him, but he doesn't really go for any of them. (Or, if he always is rejecting girls that come on to him.)

He was using you as an ego booster, and now he is mad that you went for someone else.

--OR, If you were one of the only girls that gave him attention, said anything to him (you are cute, nice hair, etc.)

Then he probably liked you. Specifically you because you gave him SIGNS that you liked him.

tiburon

Banned
Reaction score
Shorty i like you but...

:mad: :mad: Hey Shorty what are you doing..first of all everyone feeling bad for the boy that stopped talking to you, and i am feeling bad about your BF...Why are you o concern about another amn if you have a BF ...thats messed up...you like this guy...and who knows why you are dating the other one.....but a your BF is an AFC because he aint doing something right for you to be wondering about if you hurt this otherones feelings ....i f it was me i would have you drooling over me so mucgh you wouldnt care about the other AFC...

Now about this boy....who knows what he tought when you said you had a BF but he reacted the worst way...he showed emotions. If it was me , i would had been like ..: "man she has a bf and i bet she will flirt with me right now if i wanted.."..but No his an AFC so he cuts conversation.....

You shouldnt be with that guy if you care so much about what you did to the hottie..**** you should even be calling him hottie if you ahve a Bf...get a real man that can get pick you off your feet and not allow you to think about any other man at anyother point in time..

Sincerely

Tiburon

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I mean is it going to get him anywhere Shorty?

Who really knows, I mean he might of figured what's the point in talking to ya now you know. He might of just turned off the game completely.

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
get a real man that can get pick you off your feet and not allow you to think about any other man at anyother point in time..
:rolleyes: I think you're putting a bit too much thought into this guy.