Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My coke addiction =(

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Coca-Cola that is.

No, this isn't a joke. I must have a very addictive personality.

At least I've given up smoking. I've given up drinking. I'm eating better--except for drinking at least two Cokes/Pepsies a day. It was actually MUCH easier for me to quit smoking and drinking than it is for me to quit cola.

It's really hard to stop drinking them. I don't think it's the caffine. I prefer caffine-free cola, and I hate coffee.

Does anyone else have a similar addiction problem? Did you get over your addiction and if so, how?

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to drink 6+ cans of Code Red every day and I never drank any water.

I just started replacing soda with skim milk and bottled water, not all at once but gradually (i.e. I could have 3 cans max/day, then 2 cans, etc). It's hard at first, but once you break the habit (new habits are formed in about 30 days) it is much easier.

If you feel like you have to have a coke, keep it to 1 at most per day. And if you have a "cheat day" in your diet you can drink a bit more coke then also.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Easy bro, after you finish all of your cans, don't buy no more.

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The main thing is replacing it with something you like. If you don't like water but you try to drink it, you're going to go back to your pop habit pretty quick.

Just find something you like to drink that is health. For me, I drink a lot of juice since I don't like water unless I'm working out. Sure, it'd probably be healthier to drink water, but it's better to drink juice than pop.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just stop. start drinking juice and shlt. do you have a reason for stopping. i stopped cuz i heard it mmade you run better. havent had one for three years

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sit down one weekend with a few cases of your favorite soda. Start chugging. Drink it until you puke. Then drink more until you puke. Then drink more. Then drink more. After a couple of pukes from the same soda, you'll stop craving it so much. Eat some mexican food too, maybe some french fries, or a burger - anything that will make the pukes more memorable.

I've never tried this, but who knows, maybe it will work. If it does, let us know.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, then patrick swayze can clean it up. lol

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ofus
I used to drink 6+ cans of Code Red every day and I never drank any water.
I think just hearing this is enough to gross me out and turn me off to soda. ;) I mean, I know Coke and Pepsi are bad, but Code Red is on a level all it's own.

I tried drinking water cold turkey for three weeks, but some how I got back on to cola. So I think I'll start replacing cola with milk or juice, and eventually get down to water.

Thanks, guys.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soda's main ingredient is fructose. It's a very strong sweetner formed of sugar cane and is cheaper to produce than sucrose,
marked often as corn syrop or HFCS.

The human body doesn't handle fructose well, at all.
Processing fructose robs the body of calcium, can cause severe liver disfunction and a crap load of other problems including the onset of type 2 diabetes.

Fructose is everywhere. Read LABELS!!!!!!!!! and avoid it at all costs.

That should be reason enough to stop the soda habit.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Fragem

Don Juan
Reaction score
I also have a Soda Addiction I can't stop. I have gone from 5 2 liters a week, to just about 2 2 liters a weeks. Still bad, seeings how when I was younger, I was lucky to get 1 can of soda a month.