Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My botched bookstore approach

harpomarx

Don Juan
Reaction score
So this girl I see at the bookstore this afternoon... we're both by ourselves and we walk by each other so many times it's almost comical. For some reason I can't convince myself to talk to her until she finally comes and stands right next to me in the aisle and looks over, at which point it would've been unforgivable not to, so...

Me: Haven't found anything yet?
Her (smiles): No. There's a novel I'm looking for, but they don't have it...
Me: Oh, what is it?
Her: (some unpronounceable title by a foreign author)
Me: Oh... uh, don't know it...

And the conversation dies.

Sigh... just when I thought I was making some progress, a situation like this comes along when (a) I don't have the balls until I'm practically forced into it and (b) I manage to screw it up anyway. I guess my few other approaches have all been more direct, without having to lead much of a conversation beforehand. Still, an almost perfect scenario that I threw away. Frustrating...

2Pac_Makaveli_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, all I can say is at least you are taking action, you may have failed this time, but it will all come with experience, seriously.

Think of it like taking driving lessons, you balls up a lot on the first couple, but with a lot of practice makes perfect. At least you had the cojones to start a conversation and respect to you for making it up on the spot. Thats what its all about.

Keep us posted on any further approaches my friend.

Keep trying, do not give up.

Bryce556

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ive been having this problem aswell, once i engage conversation it just dies. and i have no idea what to transition to, for cold approching that is, when i have ladies approach me or we are at a party or mutual friends i have no porblem buliding attraction

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If this is your first cold day time approach, then you didn't do THAT bad. Its a start. Keep practicing.

Sir Shinra

Don Juan
Reaction score
That wasn't a cold approach. It seems obvious from her behavior that she wanted to talk to the OP. She approached him.

Why didn't you just ask her name or something? At least you can hit the reset button that way.

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
harpomarx said:
So this girl I see at the bookstore this afternoon... we're both by ourselves and we walk by each other so many times it's almost comical. For some reason I can't convince myself to talk to her until she finally comes and stands right next to me in the aisle and looks over, at which point it would've been unforgivable not to, so...

Me: Haven't found anything yet?
Her (smiles): No. There's a novel I'm looking for, but they don't have it...
Me: Oh, what is it?
Her: (some unpronounceable title by a foreign author)
Me: Oh... uh, don't know it...

And the conversation dies.

Sigh... just when I thought I was making some progress, a situation like this comes along when (a) I don't have the balls until I'm practically forced into it and (b) I manage to screw it up anyway. I guess my few other approaches have all been more direct, without having to lead much of a conversation beforehand. Still, an almost perfect scenario that I threw away. Frustrating...
Correction...you DID have the balls, she came over and you opted to start a conversation, you could have mentioned some other novels, or thought of some funny ones that you have read.

I wouldn't say you screwed up, you didn't keep the convo going or get her number, but you talked with her, when she approached you, so pat yourself on the back for a job well done and remember she might come back to that bookstore. :up: