Mutual Friend / Confusing Behavior

Misterchaos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to get you guys opinion on a situation I recently encountered.

I was setup with a friend of my bestfriends girlfriend. Met in person exchanged numbers and some light texting. Invited her to a party I was throwing and showed her a great time ( plenty of kino, flirting etc, pretty much had my hands on her the entire night). I would walk away several times and entertain my guests most of which were female so no issues there.

Ended up passed out drunk (birthday + didn't eat = black out). She text me that night when she got home and again the next morning. We again exchanged a few texts during the week. I setup a double date (not a fan of them) for Friday which she agreed.

A redflag did get thrown during the week leading up to the "first date". She text me saying she was hungry, she didn't directly ask for assistance but she pretty much implied that she was low on funds and going through a rough week before her new job started. I was NOT going to just give her money so I offered to have a quick dinner at a local bar which she said was cool.

I ended up not being able to make it because it was during the middle of the week and my work hours are pretty extravagant. No issues, I guess she found another option. I shrugged it off no problem.

We have the date that Friday and have a good time. She made a few subtle relationship remarks such as. "I'm glad you like dogs, I love them and want a few" etc etc...
Toward the end of the date I notice she is texting someone and at first don't really care of think anything off it. When I walk back to her car she seems to be in a rush to get somewhere. (Also she had a toothbrush and few other things in her purse, I noticed when she was fumbling around while I was driving.

All escalation attempts seemed to stall that night so my Spidey senses started to go off.

We text a few times during the week 5-6 msgs a day. I didn't see her for two weeks as I was legitimately busy with events and other pre-planned outings. Three weeks later while we are casually texting I invite her out for a second date. She again agrees and all is well.

The day of the date approaches and 2 hours before she cancels after asking where we were going again. She sent a LONG paragraph apologizing with her excuse and pleading to make sure I wasn't upset. I replied short and said " Cool. next time" She replied: "Are you sure" and I replied: "Yea"
She literally seemed to beg me to not be upset.

I invited another lady friend out no issue.

Now after this I mentally ejected from pursuing her. Until...

She text me the following week. I kept the messages short (3-4) msgs and invited her out with me the next day. She replied but didn't give a yes or a no. I shrug it off and go on about my business.

She then did the same thing the next week with a "Hey stranger" text. I did the same few msgs and a come out and see me tomorrow line. No response.

I did finally learn from a mutual friend that she was talking to a guy she was seeing before she met me. I have no issue with that.

My question is if she in talking to someone else why is she still throwing out breadcrumbs and then proceeding to not come out when I invite her?

Note: She never told me about the guy her friend told my friend.

My reasoning is that she may not be 100% happy with her current bf and is most likely using me to supplement his lack of attention..etc etc.

So I go NC don't have time as I am literally confused. She was a cool chick and I definitely want to smash.

There was no cut off or fallout just a mutual fade. Is it worth keeping lines of communication open with this one particular chick. i.e drop her a line every few weeks. Or just forget about it. Not seeking any kind of relationship here.

Thanks and sorry for any formatting issues.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have stopped all communication after date #1. You did so many things wrong my friend. You are a free meal ticket and orbiting hardcore. You want to be the guy that bangs her, not the guy who feeds her. Have some self-respect and ghost this chick. If she contacts you, tell her to come over with a bottle of wine and then smash. After that send her and her toothbrush on her way. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I setup a double date (not a fan of them)
Red flag number 1 I see in you. You set up something you don't like and makes no sense here. A double date as a first date, when you don't have to?

The day of the date approaches and 2 hours before she cancels after asking where we were going again. She sent a LONG paragraph apologizing with her excuse and pleading to make sure I wasn't upset.
She sent a long apologizing, which is not needed. In case something comes up and you have to cancel a meeting or date you wanna attend, you just shortly apologize and make a counteroffer with another time and date. She didn't, meaning she doesn't care that much about seeing you.

I did the same few msgs and a come out and see me tomorrow line
LOL, you invite her out three times in a row? Common, man, this is not even rookie mistake, this is just foolish.

You are her backup plan and she keeps the connection alive because she he has now, through your repeated foolishness, learnt that you invite her out whenever she writes.

Drop her, move on about your life. Consider her a lost cause. She is toying with you and you are not as cool and composed as you repeatedly say you are.

Misterchaos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Red flag number 1 I see in you. You set up something you don't like and makes no sense here. A double date as a first date, when you don't have to?

She sent a long apologizing, which is not needed. In case something comes up and you have to cancel a meeting or date you wanna attend, you just shortly apologize and make a counteroffer with another time and date. She didn't, meaning she doesn't care that much about seeing you.

LOL, you invite her out three times in a row? Common, man, this is not even rookie mistake, this is just foolish.

You are her backup plan and she keeps the connection alive because she he has now, through your repeated foolishness, learnt that you invite her out whenever she writes.

Drop her, move on about your life. Consider her a lost cause. She is toying with you and you are not as cool and composed as you repeatedly say you are.

True...I definitely didn't play that well.

Actually, the double date was established when I was introduced to her. The second date was to be 1 on 1.

The three times I asked her out was not really asking her out. She would text me wanting to talk and I wasn't going to entertain her unless she was meeting me in person. So I told her what my already set plans were and to meet me there if she wanted to chat. Then I ended the convo. This just happened to happen twice. The message I wanted to deliver was I'm not your emotional texting buddy either we meet or I'm not texting you.

Was I wrong with that approach? I'm not a master at game so idk. I usually have success just being myself but this particular chick has me scratching my head.

Btw I cut contact after flake #1. She initiated every convo after the flake.

When I do reply which is usually delayed she replies back damn near instantly everytime and cheerfully despite having a "BF".

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
True...I definitely didn't play that well.

Actually, the double date was established when I was introduced to her. The second date was to be 1 on 1.

The three times I asked her out was not really asking her out. She would text me wanting to talk and I wasn't going to entertain her unless she was meeting me in person. So I told her what my already set plans were and to meet me there if she wanted to chat. Then I ended the convo. This just happened to happen twice. The message I wanted to deliver was I'm not your emotional texting buddy either we meet or I'm not texting you.

Was I wrong with that approach? I'm not a master at game so idk. I usually have success just being myself but this particular chick has me scratching my head.

Btw I cut contact after flake #1. She initiated every convo after the flake.

When I do reply which is usually delayed she replies back damn near instantly everytime and cheerfully despite having a "BF".
Double #facepalm