Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Music for the Mood

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a huge music fan... yes, I realize that comes across as a generic, bland statement, however, I enjoy all genres, and have started to build up a pretty good play list of over 10,000 songs.

Just curious, hypothetically, let's say your night is going well, and you and a Woman end up back at your place... what sort of music would you put on, to get into the mood?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Carl Cox, Black Coffee, Solomun, Patrick Topping, Martinez Brothers, Marco Corrola, Sonny Fodera, Jamie Jones, Claptone, AndHim, Anjunadeep, Superflu, Stephan Bodzin, Amelie Lens, Ritchie Hawtin, Adam Beyer etc

Then we do lines and drink Springbank

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Carl Cox, Black Coffee, Solomun, Patrick Topping, Martinez Brothers, Marco Corrola, Sonny Fodera, Jamie Jones, Claptone, AndHim, Anjunadeep, Superflu, Stephan Bodzin, Amelie Lens, Ritchie Hawtin, Adam Beyer etc

Then we do lines and drink Springbank
Thanks for the suggestions. I think out of that list, I've only heard of Carl Cox. I've probably got around 500 Club/Electronic/DJ type songs in my collection, so I'll have to check these out, and add if I like their music.

I was thinking something along the lines of music that lacks lyrics, as they can cause distraction... just after background noise. Lyric-less club music fits this bill... but I was also thinking of Jazz?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I think out of that list, I've only heard of Carl Cox. I've probably got around 500 Club/Electronic/DJ type songs in my collection, so I'll have to check these out, and add if I like their music.

I was thinking something along the lines of music that lacks lyrics, as they can cause distraction... just after background noise. Lyric-less club music fits this bill... but I was also thinking of Jazz?
Because Carl Cox is the goat. I was half-joking in my reply, these are all house/tech dj's I listen to.

With a women unless if they love house music (then all of the above), I usually go with Usher, Miguel, Kid Cudi, Drake, random songs that set the mood I have saved, Jazz playlists (I love Jazz and really atmospheric).

Alternative/open types - The Kinks, Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, The Clash, The Cure, RHCP, Radiohead etc

I love every kind of music but I don't fvck to music so it's just a way to build a connection for me. Ask what she likes and put something on.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Because Carl Cox is the goat. I was half-joking in my reply, these are all house/tech dj's I listen to.

With a women unless if they love house music (then all of the above), I usually go with Usher, Miguel, Kid Cudi, Drake, random songs that set the mood I have saved, Jazz playlists (I love Jazz and really atmospheric).

Alternative/open types - The Kinks, Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, The Clash, The Cure, RHCP, Radiohead etc

I love every kind of music but I don't fvck to music so it's just a way to build a connection for me. Ask what she likes and put something on.
Thanks again. Aside from your initial suggestions, I pretty have most of the others covered. I have pretty much all genres, so yeah, asking what a Woman wants to listen to is a good idea as well.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything that sounds like this:

The Love Jones soundtrack is a can't miss. If the girl is an alternative type, My Bloody Valentine's Loveless album is also a top choice.

I wouldn't necessarily ask the girl what she likes when she comes to your place (I always ask her what kind of music she likes long before this). She's not going to help you seduce her in a lot of cases. Put on something you know is seductive, just make sure she doesn't hate the genre.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deicide - Mephistopheles

jk massive attack, portishead or some other electronic/ambient stuff i have. Jazz music as well. If I don't know the woman very well I ask what prefers and put that on.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deicide - Mephistopheles

jk massive attack, portishead or some other electronic/ambient stuff i have. Jazz music as well. If I don't know the woman very well I ask what prefers and put that on.
Massive Attack are great, I've got some of their stuff in my collection.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything that sounds like this:

The Love Jones soundtrack is a can't miss. If the girl is an alternative type, My Bloody Valentine's Loveless album is also a top choice.

I wouldn't necessarily ask the girl what she likes when she comes to your place (I always ask her what kind of music she likes long before this). She's not going to help you seduce her in a lot of cases. Put on something you know is seductive, just make sure she doesn't hate the genre.
Great song. Could be the theme song for a forum like this...

But I was kinda wondering , shouldn't a man adjust the music to the specific girl he dates( especially in the beginning?). Or do you say that's actually a spineless move?

I am a musician myself, and I like the woman to put on music. My taste is very broad, from boom Bap to Beethoven and everything in between so I dont mind what's on. Musically I am a chameleon.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I also have a broad taste in music. The suggestions I was mainly after, was the situation where you don't know the Woman really well at all, ie: first date, and you get her back to your place. You want to lead, be proactive, an just put music on to set the mood... what are generic suggestions that should be great at least 80% of the time. I downloaded an electronic album recently called "Chillout Classics", ie: mood music without lyrics, whilst also not being crazy MDMA style electronic 'house' / club music.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also have a broad taste in music. The suggestions I was mainly after, was the situation where you don't know the Woman really well at all, ie: first date, and you get her back to your place. You want to lead, be proactive, an just put music on to set the mood... what are generic suggestions that should be great at least 80% of the time. I downloaded an electronic album recently called "Chillout Classics", ie: mood music without lyrics, whilst also not being crazy MDMA style electronic 'house' / club music.
Oke, in that case the good ol' popular radio station might do the trick. You just put on a station that has a wide variety of music and then gauge what's she likes, ask her what do think about this or that song.

This way you don't " claim " the music style and once she let's out what her taste is ,you adjust accordingly.

Good thread, music can really set the mood. Nowadays women love nasty provocative songs with suggestive lyrics. I know guys who didn't get it bc their taste of music was " beta " and the woman felt like it represened his values and believes..hence my general radio suggestion.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Commercial breaks in terrrestrial radio can kill the vibe.
Then, perhaps create your own "radio" station, ie: prepare a random play-list in advance? As I said, I have over 10,000 songs on my PC, which is pretty much sorted by genre. I could select music from each, as long as it doesn't include any extreme stuff, and use that. Then, use that to gauge what she likes?