Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

muay thai/k1/kickboxing/shootboxing

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tomorrow i'm going to sign up to a 3-month course of

muay thai
kick boxing
k1
shoot boxing

do you think 3 months will do anything good to me or will i have to go on with the course to notice any (even small) improvements in my fighting skills?

and what are exactly k1 and shoot boxing?

thanks to everybody

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me put it this way: 3 months of training is better than 0 months of training. A lot will depend on your own mental (mostly) and physical aptitude.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by prosemont
Let me put it this way: 3 months of training is better than 0 months of training. A lot will depend on your own mental (mostly) and physical aptitude.
thanks man, that's just what i was wondering: wether it would have had even the smallest use or if it would have been completely useless:)
anyway, if i see any improvement, i think i could sign up for 6 months...
by the way, i just been checked out by my doctor and he said that i can train without any problem

does anybody exactly know what are k1 and shoot-boxing? i think shoot-boxing is something like grappling or something, but i'm not sure... any ideas?

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
Shoot fighting!

It's a mixture of martial arts!

If you wanted more useful ina real siturtion.. go for somthing with more strinking... and learn some grappling

because 99% of fights hit the ground in the first 10 secoonds.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
K1 is japanese kickboxing and is like Muaythai except there are no elbows and no clinch.

In three months youll probably KNOW the basics, if you serious about it you need to do it long term.

trd323

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
muay thai is the best for stand up because it uses all your weapons. I have been in 2 fights and destroyed a guy because I clinched and he did not know how to defend. I also take grappling. But all those are good because its mma

DanishDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
The K1 rules are designed acording to comercial demands, it should provide the best entertainment, but as for training and your fighting skills I dont know.

AETude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trd323
muay thai is the best for stand up because it uses all your weapons. I have been in 2 fights and destroyed a guy because I clinched and he did not know how to defend. I also take grappling. But all those are good because its mma
BS man u clinch me and i'll break your balls or jaw with my head.

as for the topic, its good for sport and cutting, stay away from troubles, if you ever have to fight then its very simple there are targets, which you should hit and the fight will end with-in first 1-2 minutes.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AETude

as for the topic, its good for sport and cutting, stay away from troubles, if you ever have to fight then its very simple there are targets, which you should hit and the fight will end with-in first 1-2 minutes.
that's if you can fight, but not many people are going to fight against expert (street-)fighters

AETude

Don Juan
Reaction score
i am no expert mate, theres just two things you have to know.

1/ The Law ( beating people)
2/ Self Defence (where to hit to end it quick so prevent you from being beaten).

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best of luck to you, pal, I've recently gotten into boxing/some jiujitsu, just from some training videos, working out at home, it gives you a great feeling.

k1 / ufc are really inspirational to work out for me.

Vitor belfort for the win! :D

I'd really like to get into muay thai, any ways of training at home?
Like withboxing, it's getting your moves techniques down, punching a bag etc, I'd really like to be able to practise some muay thai, on the side, but I don't have a stable schedeule to attend any classes/gyms.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some Brazilian Jiu Jitsu moves are never bad to know either, check those out.

I have no experience with that, but I hear they're alwys useful since most fights hit the ground and it shows from then on what to do kinda.

Good luck again sorry for double post.

trd323

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AETude

Have a friend hold the back of your neck, but preferably the back of the head and see if you can even move your hea; you cant. And when you will naturally drop your head because he is pushing your head down; knockout knee to the head. oh yeah this happens in less that 3 sec.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trd323
Have a friend hold the back of your neck, but preferably the back of the head and see if you can even move your hea; you cant. And when you will naturally drop your head because he is pushing your head down; knockout knee to the head. oh yeah this happens in less that 3 sec.
Yeah I can confirm this, the MT clinch works REALLY good with people who dont have experience in it. Its difficult to do anything at all(ballkick, headbutt) if someguy is pushing down all his weigh of your neck and shoulders, plus the natural reaction to duck under and out will get you hit by a massive knee to the face.