Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Moving to central america?

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So...i think i finally had it.
Moving to costa rica.
Its not that i dont have a decent job here...make about $40/hr.
I stay fit too. But the women here are not getting any "better"
Plus the media panders to them.
It was always pandering to females, but as a guy...i feel left out.
Plus no kids.. So fvck it. I have friends from costa rica and they say that its just different down there.
Plus with my english I'll stand out amongst the lot.
Anybody lived somewhere else besides the u.s.a. and can share some wisdom?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Why Costa Rica?

If it's because of women, then it's the wrong move.

If it's because of investment opportunities, then let us know ur business plan, lay it out for us to provide input.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Do your homework. If it were me I would plan at least a 3 x week vacation there before moving, longer if I had time. I also agree with @Spaz 110%, I wouldn't move to any country for just the hope of finding women. If I ever do move out of the USA, it's gonna be because I reach the line of getting taxed to much by my Government and say enough is enough. I make exactly 2x what I made 12 years ago, and yet, I feel more poor than ever before.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A buddy there told me that lawyer is a low level clerk job, and that I would make more money just because I spoke english well than if I tried to be a lawyer there. So being a native English speaker is an asset.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um...not moving because of women...but its all relative.
$200 a plate dinner here vs there. Etc

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Um...not moving because of women...but its all relative.
$200 a plate dinner here vs there. Etc
If you got US$200,000 then it's fine, higher would be better but that amount is sufficient for places like that.

Tourism growth looks good, you could open a small bar.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You say it's not about women and yet your OP only mentions women as the reason.

I would never give up US citizenship over women. The wise thing to do would be to seek out a decent country with low taxes and business-friendly laws.

Luckily for you Costa Rica is business-friendly and also has hottie women.

Myself personally, I would set up an incorporated business in Costa Rica, probably something internet based. That way, the Costa Rican gov would grant me an extended stay VISA to be in the country but I also get to keep my US citizenship.

But that's just me, and I'm certainly not encouraging you to do it. Every man's gotta make his own decisions.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didnt know u all would be all about the money only it seems.
Obviously if im throwing away $40/ hr here which is nothing to sneeze at, im thinking overall lifestyle change.
Like culture, language obviously, clothing, food, even down to the weather and how people greet each other on the street.
Here in Cali, is different than texas, so imagine a whole country thats down to party. I.e. be more social and friendly.
A career woman here...even a so-so career gal has different shyt to say than a woman who was taught by her family to be more compromising.
Idk...
Say you spoke the language, had aunts and uncles there, and could take all your job/career knowledge. And get paid in u.s. dollars while everyone gets paid pesos.
??? Would you go?
Women are everywhere. The side point of women is that you will get a taste of a different style of lady...and friends!
What's keeping this particular person in the states? Better infrastructure? More ubers? More baseball stadiums, more Wendys?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Seems like you got it all figured out.

I wish you luck.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always a wrong move if it's for women or because of women.

Then women shape ur reality and that means u r fvcked.
Yeah, I get that.

But your first sentence is the Sosuave conventional wisdom based on a factor that exists in a vacuum. The second is an unfounded conclusion drawn from that conventional wisdom.

If the OP were trying to choose between Costa Rica and Saudi Arabia, all other things being equal, this thread would have a much different complexion.

This whole site is "for women or because of women." And sexual marketplaces have variance. That's my $.02 anyway.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I get that.

But your first sentence is the Sosuave conventional wisdom based on a factor that exists in a vacuum. The second is an unfounded conclusion drawn from that conventional wisdom.

If the OP were trying to choose between Costa Rica and Saudi Arabia, all other things being equal, this thread would have a much different complexion.

This whole site is "for women or because of women." And sexual marketplaces have variance. That's my $.02 anyway.
If this whole site is for women or because of women then I'm in the wrong place.

I'm under the pretext that this site is for the betterment of men as a whole - the masculine perspective hence my original question, if OP is moving to Costa Rica to better his life - access to better opportunities then I'm all for it.

The man has hunger for success.

Even I have moved multiple times on an average 3 years per location so I get it, that desire, that drive, that overwhelming urge to conquer, ambition etc.

Shift for the right reasons and it must never be because of a woman.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My greater point is that people on SS repeat some version of the phrase, "don't do X just to get women."

This is great advice to the plugged in and blue pill dudes, like a lot of platitudes around here. They need it to unplug.

And you should always put yourself first.

But I would be intellectually dishonest if I said I wasn't factoring the opposite sex into my decision-making in some way.

Another thing people say is "women are the same everywhere." I've traveled a lot and enjoyed different women. I question that one. In fact, I moved last year, and where I am is much more challenging than where I was.

Part of bettering yourself as a man is truly knowing yourself. Even if you move to Central American because you prefer latinas, for example, you're still doing it for you - not for them.

Well - only the individual knows for sure.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So i guess im still curious...what would keep u guys from doing this move?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not having a plan in place and not having savings to get by for a year or so. Like others said, maybe go there and check it out for a couple of weeks.

And even though I just argued with Spaz, I do agree that if it's ONLY about women, you stand to be disappointed. It's kind of like how we say you need more than a woman in your life so you're not left with nothing if you become single. With a move, you'll need objectives besides getting laid, which is always a sub-objective that comes with living a good life.

But I do think you should march to your own drummer and live your life your way. And it's good that you have friends down there who can introduce you to people. I went there for vacation once, it's very peaceful, I don't even think they have a standing army, lol. I would get bored living there...San Jose is a small city so I'd need money to travel around and keep things interesting, but that's me.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
My greater point is that people on SS repeat some version of the phrase, "don't do X just to get women."

This is great advice to the plugged in and blue pill dudes, like a lot of platitudes around here. They need it to unplug.

And you should always put yourself first.

But I would be intellectually dishonest if I said I wasn't factoring the opposite sex into my decision-making in some way.

Another thing people say is "women are the same everywhere." I've traveled a lot and enjoyed different women. I question that one. In fact, I moved last year, and where I am is much more challenging than where I was.

Part of bettering yourself as a man is truly knowing yourself. Even if you move to Central American because you prefer latinas, for example, you're still doing it for you - not for them.

Well - only the individual knows for sure.
It's more challenging because you r building ur social influence from zero as compared ur previous location.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
If there's no significant financial opportunities I'd scrapped the whole idea.

Don't know about the rest of the guys here, but I've stayed in Hong Kong and all the way south (a few more countries) to Jakarta - and for me women are all the same.

Sure they look different, sure they even speak different, and surely their culture is different but deep down under all those layers - they are all the same.