"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Moving to a different area

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
449
Reaction score
25
I've always wanted to live in the vicinity of where I live now, mainly because of family and friends. But even on this anonymous forum, it's very hard for me to say I'm 31 and still live with my mom (for personal and family reasons like last kid out of the house, father died at 12 etc...). But lately I've had it, it's time to move on.

My workplace is an above average commute, but I don't mind the drive as I like driving. But it's so boring here, my friends always go to the same places and you don't meet new people that often as it's mostly a rural area with some build up areas.

Another caveat is the fact it's very hard for me to make new friends. If I would move to a city, I don't know how it would go. How would I make new friends, meet new people? And I'm not talking about the standard stuff like joining a gym and talk to people/club/just go out/... I'm simply talking about my own personality.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

biggoal

Banned
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,638
Reaction score
780
Age
42
I've always wanted to live in the vicinity of where I live now, mainly because of family and friends. But even on this anonymous forum, it's very hard for me to say I'm 31 and still live with my mom (for personal and family reasons like last kid out of the house, father died at 12 etc...). But lately I've had it, it's time to move on.

My workplace is an above average commute, but I don't mind the drive as I like driving. But it's so boring here, my friends always go to the same places and you don't meet new people that often as it's mostly a rural area with some build up areas.

Another caveat is the fact it's very hard for me to make new friends. If I would move to a city, I don't know how it would go. How would I make new friends, meet new people? And I'm not talking about the standard stuff like joining a gym and talk to people/club/just go out/... I'm simply talking about my own personality.
I would move somewhere where there are younger people, bigger town and look at the demographics carefully. Don't make the mistake I did moving to a region where every county has an median age of at least 50 and over. I knew it was old people's area down here but I didn't know it was that bad now.

the young people I run into down here are either married and moved from up north with a career already and kids, or if they're single they're damaged goods and white trash variety, uneducated. Not what you would typically find in a large city with young single women and less damaged.
 
Top