Moving in with my girl - good or bad idea?

Hellboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My girl is about to start looking for a new place to live. She might move in with her current flatmate but her flatmate might move away and she will need a new flatmate. We have been together nearly 6 months and 99% of the time things are amazing and we seem to be in love.

I jokingly suggested we get a place together. Although she didn't jump on the idea I get the impression she sould be open to it. At least, if I was more serious about it. If I want to move in with this girl I can probably make it happen. If I don't want to then I can just keep quiet.

I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts, opinions or experiences to share?

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anti Dump said not to live with a woman unless you are married... unless I´m mistaken.

Why? I have no idea.
Would I do it? I have no idea.
Do I want somebody to explain why Anti Dump said that? Yes.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fyck anti dump :) jk....some of its good.

HELLMAN

move in with her..but dont sign contract with her..just help her with the payments...as long as thre is no contract the worst can happen is a break up

and you and I both know this is the last women for you :)

Vibe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno, man. Six months isn't really that long. I dated a girl for two years before finally realizing she wasn't marriage material. If you are ready for full-time commitment, then move in with her. If you'd still like some time to yourself, I'd say don't do it.

~Vibe~

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it depends.

i think in general its a bad idea. Besides the obvious statistics showing that moving in together before marriages ****s up the relationship, it can be a pain living with a girl unless you are REALLY commited to her.

you've only known her for 6 months and you think you're in love?

don't do it man. I mean it would be fun for a little bit, but there is a lot more potential for drama than for happiness.

what's with the oneitis anyways?

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you liked your girl now, then prepare to start disliking her once you move in with her. Moving in with a girlfriend will expose all her flaws as flaws come out in the open by being stuck with that person.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hellboy
We have been together nearly 6 months and 99% of the time things are amazing and we seem to be in love.

If you want everything to continue to be "amazing", do NOT move in with her.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you liked your girl now, then prepare to start disliking her once you move in with her. Moving in with a girlfriend will expose all her flaws as flaws come out in the open by being stuck with that person.
hes right stay single the rest of your life...you wont find a perfect women:eek:

If you want everything to continue to be "amazing", do NOT move in with her.
got proof for this?

the man is in his mid 20's.....why would he want to live alone still?

you've only known her for 6 months and you think you're in love?

yes he is in love. stop reading a fycking manual and go expierence what life really happens.

what's with the oneitis anyways?

one i tis? so he cares for one women, commits to her, and fyks her brains out he has one i tis???

:down:

chuchu

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done that before, I can tell you that it was not a good experience at all.

Hellboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whooo!

Overall pretty negative. I see a lot of guys saying "Don't do it!" But not a lot of reason why. Chuchu, it wasn't as good experience? Why?

It's just an idea at this stage.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SamePendo
Anti Dump said not to live with a woman unless you are married... unless I´m mistaken.

Why? I have no idea.
Would I do it? I have no idea.
Do I want somebody to explain why Anti Dump said that? Yes.
Originally posted by Anti-Dump
A Don Juan NEVER proposes before six months. He prefers to wait one year. All minor flaws must be seen.

A Don Juan never lives with a women. He is a free man. He will marry the BEST when he meets her.

If he already moves in with her, his freedom is essentially gone (marriage is not freedom but sacrifice, why not get married then?). A man's home is like a king's castle, he should run it his way, unless he finds a woman worthy enough to be his queen then they can share the appropriate duties. If a woman is not his queen then why would he move in with her and have her interfere with the one thing he has total control over, his home.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NOOOO!!!!!!!!

i don't know haw it is in the US, but here in canada if you live together for more then 6 months she gets the same rights as if you ware married to her. (or so i thought)

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he already moves in with her, his freedom is essentially gone (marriage is not freedom but sacrifice, why not get married then?). A man's home is like a king's castle, he should run it his way, unless he finds a woman worthy enough to be his queen then they can share the appropriate duties. If a woman is not his queen then why would he move in with her and have her interfere with the one thing he has total control over, his home.

thats right.

NOOOO!!!!!!!!

why?

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hellboy
Whooo!

Overall pretty negative. I see a lot of guys saying "Don't do it!" But not a lot of reason why. Chuchu, it wasn't as good experience? Why?

It's just an idea at this stage.
Go ahead and try it. The after you end up moving out on your own again, come back and tell us. Maybe we're all wrong...who knows. All I know is what I've seen friends go through.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I STOLE THIS FROM SOMEONE ON A DIFFERENT SITE..

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THIS SITE GOES..AND WHAT THE PEOPLE ARE TELLING YOU HELLBOY:

New guy X asks a LTR question.
- Keyboard jock Y says read the bible
- PUA (wanna-be) says "next her" get more experience
- Random kid Z says something completely off base with reality
- A normal guy who has gone through life experiencing relationships and dating responds with something that make s a lot of sense(
- PUA flames him
- Keyboard jock calls the normal guy an AFC
- Original poster is confused and is back where he started

I know you are in love with her..I know you plan on being with her for the rest of your life...unlike the blokes at this place Im not going to play with you....I want to be with my gf the rest of my life too..
I plan moving in with her next yr after being together for over a yr.

grantide 6 months is a shorter period of time.

but a relationship isnt linear...
you know how well you know her.and you know what she is like.

why because your a man with expierence...positive expierence...that has helped you open up and love the way you do.

unlike the fakes, frauds, and pyssys who havent gotten a women to truely love them and have no fycking clue what they are saying.

so all in all dont ask for LTR advice here.

OH AND BY THE WAY:

im not refering to all you of..just the ones who know they have no bussiness even commenting on this mans LTR question..giving him advice they have no expierence on.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HellBoy are you refering to "Goth Girl" as your girl? For some reasons I can never picture a girl who is into Goth being a great LTR and or a mother. I see Goth Girls as being very wild and kinky in bed but most of them seem very depressed to me (which is never a good thing when you live with someone, it can drive the other people insane) . This is of coarse my generalization of the Goth Culture and if that is not the case, please enlighten me.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21
I STOLE THIS FROM SOMEONE ON A DIFFERENT SITE..

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THIS SITE GOES..AND WHAT THE PEOPLE ARE TELLING YOU HELLBOY:

New guy X asks a LTR question.
- Keyboard jock Y says read the bible
- PUA (wanna-be) says "next her" get more experience
- Random kid Z says something completely off base with reality
- A normal guy who has gone through life experiencing relationships and dating responds with something that make s a lot of sense(
- PUA flames him
- Keyboard jock calls the normal guy an AFC
- Original poster is confused and is back where he started

I know you are in love with her..I know you plan on being with her for the rest of your life...unlike the blokes at this place Im not going to play with you....I want to be with my gf the rest of my life too..
I plan moving in with her next yr after being together for over a yr.

grantide 6 months is a shorter period of time.

but a relationship isnt linear...
you know how well you know her.and you know what she is like.

why because your a man with expierence...positive expierence...that has helped you open up and love the way you do.

unlike the fakes, frauds, and pyssys who havent gotten a women to truely love them and have no fycking clue what they are saying.

so all in all dont ask for LTR advice here.
Well, I've been in a 4 year and a 2 year relationship. Guess what, I'm not with either of them anymore. I know enough to advise a man against moving in with a woman that he just met SIX months ago.

Enough with all of the fluffy, lovey dovey, lets give eachother high fives because we're the only guys on this site to find true love, crap. Back to reality: It's probably not a good idea.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21

the man is in his mid 20's.....why would he want to live alone still?

yes he is in love. stop reading a fycking manual and go expierence what life really happens.

one i tis? so he cares for one women, commits to her, and fyks her brains out he has one i tis???
:down:
I only speak from over 6 years of combined LTR experience. And manuals? **** manuals. open your eyes and try to understand relationships. Its really not that simple.

moving in after a 6 month relationship is a huge risk. I didn't say that he shouldn't do it, i just said its a bad idea.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Enough with all of the fluffy, lovey dovey, lets give eachother high fives because we're the only guys on this site to find true love, crap. Back to reality: It's probably not a good idea.
reality is he is happy..if it doenst work out then it doesnt work out?

obviosly it didnt ruin or end your life to not be with the women your not with anymore.