Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Moving away for school

OlympicTim

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since most you guys are older than me I figured I'd ask her.

I have the option to either stay home and live in my hometown (either at home or move out with some buddies) or go to another town about 3 hours away for the same program.

The school doesn't matter to me since both are good schools and I know people in both areas who can get me a job almost immediatly after I graduate.

However in terms of growing as a person and DJ what do you guys think I should do?

Either

a) Live at home and go to school
B) stay in my hometown but move out with some buddies
C) go to the new town live in residence and make some new friends

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do what is best for your future and your career. Dont comit to any ladies under 25 because they will change like the wind. Date. Have fun. Enjoy but focus on what is best for you and your future.

ThrowAwayId

Reaction score
Either B) or C). Are the buddies you'd move in with as into growth and DJ as you are? If the are, then B). If they are not, then C).

I'm not suggesting you abandon your friends if you choose option C). You need to surround yourself with like-minded people if you want to grow. Your buddies might hold you back, if they aren't after the same general goals you are.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think getting away into new horizons always forces growth and is a positive choice.

If going away to school, in your case, means you will then graduate with excessive student loan debt, as a result, give that meaningful consideration in your decision as well.

OlympicTim

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think getting away into new horizons always forces growth and is a positive choice.

If going away to school, in your case, means you will then graduate with excessive student loan debt, as a result, give that meaningful consideration in your decision as well.
Thats the issue. Because right now I have a steady job where they are very flexible with my hours so I could pull 20-30 hours a week while in school and during the summer get 50 plus a week. Its only 12 bucks an hour (more then minimum wage I ain't complaining) but with this Job living at home I could graduate with no student debt money and money to spare while still having spend

Speculator E

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay, if they are the same in quality. A new location is not going to make you grow that much. Every city has the same McDonald and Walmart. Think hard about it. What are you going to miss that different from your home town in a new city?

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leave. Your best friends won't change--they'll still be there when you get back--but you might.

Your real friends aren't the ones that make you feel comfortable or secure or afraid to live life for you; they're the ones who give you permission to do what's best for you. You might not talk t them for months or years--but when you see them again none of that matters.

ThrowAwayId

Reaction score
What's the cost of moving to another city to live vs. living with buddies. It'll prob'ly be cheaper to live with buddies.

Don't stay at home. Parents and siblings have old, established habits around you and will keep trying to use those habits rather than letting you grow. It's not even a conscious thing. Staying at home will hold you back.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats the issue. Because right now I have a steady job where they are very flexible with my hours so I could pull 20-30 hours a week while in school and during the summer get 50 plus a week. Its only 12 bucks an hour (more then minimum wage I ain't complaining) but with this Job living at home I could graduate with no student debt money and money to spare while still having spend
I understand the experience of going away to college, being able to party freely with others at college, and the once in a lifetime opportunity of abundant college pvssy is priceless to many. I am in no way advocating against that choice.

I am just suggesting you weigh all the benefits and costs of your choices. It may be the cost difference between moving out and staying home is not all that significant or it may be $60K difference or more depending on where you go away to school and room and board costs.

I suggest you only decide with your eyes wide open. I recommend figure out all of the following before you choose any college.

What is a fair estimate of your TOTAL student loan debt upon graduation, for each of the following scenarios:
A) Live at home and go to school
B) stay in my hometown but move out with some buddies
C) go to the new town live in residence and make some new friends
D)= 2 years A plus 2 years C
E)= 2 years B plus 2 years C

Do you know what you want to major in and what you would kind of work you want to do upon graduation?
What are the starting salaries upon graduation in that field?
What is the salary for someone 5 years into the field?
Paying 10% of your income, how long will it take you to pay off your student loans?

My intent is not to be a downer. I am an advocate of informed choices. If the difference between choices is 10K I'd say go without a second thought. If the difference is 60K+, I would consider other options unless your field guarantees immediate great earnings to 95% + of graduates in your field.

Consider, if the difference is 60K+ over 4 years, is that price tag for college for pvssy and all the living experiences away worth that to you? Could you live near home spend half that on good times and college pvssy and potentially avoid spending the extra 30K?

What choice is going to best serve your career in the long run? Does any choice make a difference over another at this stage?

Listen to the men here. See how valuable their college experiences were and what price is worth it.

Best of luck.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay.

l__i__l

Don Juan
Reaction score
C)

You will develop quicker once out of your comfort zone.