Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Movies every aspiring DJ should watch!

JH6

Don Juan
Reaction score
tao of steve is very good. It gives some good tips which actually work.

Boiler room is my alltime fave movie, its a movie with a wall street flare. Some of the lines in that flick are classic.

KinkyMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
watch oldies!
ones with great lead actors such as ...

Steve Mcqueen!
Carey Grant!
Robert Mitchum!

these guys exemplifiy don juan qualities ten times more than lead actors in the last 30 years

also use this site!
http://www.filmsite.org/

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sur eif this was mentioned before but... one of my personal favs...

Get shorty!

travolta plays an execellent role model of an Alpha Male in movie.

The sequel is also good "Be cool", if only to see Travolta in action again...

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RE:

most of these movies arent required viewing.

There was a black and white movie from like the 30's or 40's I saw a long time ago
with Errol Flynn or someone I cant remember teamed with this woman. The woman was set to be married by this guy who was the proper gentleman and treated her with the upmost respect. The other guy (Flynn?) and the woman go on some trip and the whole trip he's busting her balls, being somewhat rude to her and brushing off her arrogant and snooty ways. In the end she starts falling for him hard. I wish I could find the movie but she breaks off her engagement to her fiance and falls in love with the guy who was giving her hell the whole movie.

intha_burbz

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is a hillarious movie and AMAZING for djing. Roxanne. its with steve martin. wow some really good stuff here

BobbyJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another movie

Last night, I rewatched the Jerry Seinfeld Documentary called "The Comedian." The main premise of the movie is, after his HBO special in 2001, Jerry "retired" all the jokes he had ever written, and this movie documented his journey to create a new comedy routine. You can see Jerry bomb on stage a few times and get comedy insights and philosophies from all the top comics (i.e. Bill Cosby, Jay Leno, Chris Rock, Ray Romano, etc.)

On the surface, there's nothing about picking up girls and getting action. But there are many lessons and parallels that can be applied into the seduction game.

In the movie, Jerry talks with Collin Quinn about being a well-known comedian. And that since he's a celebrity, people give him more attention. But they conclude that, if Jerry isn't funny, people will lose interest after a few minutes. And that can be related to a "good looking" guy. Girls will initially be drawn to attractive guys, but if they aren't interesting, they'll get bored.

The movie also follows an up-and-coming comedian named Orny Adams. He could be considered a total AFC. He's not a bad comic, it's just that he becomes so paranoid about succeeding, that he really has a hard time being happy. He wishes to be as big as Jerry, but is finding it hard. He gets advice from Jerry and other comics to just relax and enjoy the ride.

Though the movie isn't about girls, it is undoubtedly about success and the trials and tribulations of getting it. It's a good movie and it shows that you have to fail a few times in order to get good.

BobbyJ

Vulture

Banned
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Cruel Intentions?

Cruel Intentions 2?

Cruel Intentions 3?

Reaction score
guido the killer pimp in risky business

also good for seeing what scheming hos women can be. his porsche man. his dads, whtvr. she takes the brake off then it falls the fvck in lake michigan so tom cruise will have to be her pimp. they changed the ending too, in the script she just fCks him ova and he doesnt get in to harvard, but they changed it and now he is an alpha by the end. works both ways imo.

alpha males in every tv show and film dudes if you cant spot em you aint one.

\O/

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vulture
What do you guys think about Cruel Intentions?

Cruel Intentions 2?

Cruel Intentions 3?
Only seen cruel intentions 1, and Ryan Phillipe is an amazing DJ. He can have is pick, and he shows true alpha behavior. He is always the man and his confidence is out of this world.
Only thing is, that it's hard to relate. He could get as many girls as he wanted soley on the way he looks. He's a prettyboy and he has the body...not everyone has that and has to rely more on other aspects of DJ'ing. But he also masters this in addition to having the looks...I mean, I'f I couldn't be myself I'd wanna be him :D Or Will Smith...he's da man :)

suikeisuru

Don Juan
Reaction score
This one might be a little iffy but Party Monster is a good example of a quiet outsider turning into a major DJ-type figure (however he is bi and is on drugs most of the time).

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch the documentary, American Pimp. Sure, you don't want to actually BE a pimp (unless we mean the PLAYER "pimp" way) and as I've said before I don't like or approve of what they do, but still these guys (some more so than others) know how to handle women similar to the way a really skillful DJ would, up to a point at least. Some of them have some smooth-talking magic, and some really cool old school moves , let's face it. For instance, this one dude, I think his name was "Slim" or something like that, you'll recognize him in the movie, he's a tall skinny older man (maybe damn near 70). Real old school kind of guy. Anyway, there is this one scene where some of the other older pimps recount a time when this guy "Slim" had come to Vegas with his "stable" for the first time, to work them there. And anyway they all tell how , within the first few hours his girls were on the Strip, Slim had gotten "knocked" for like all but one of them . ("Knocking" , incidentally, is an "industry" term, where one pimp cold-approaches a female from another guy's "stable" and basically smooth-talks her into coming over to work for and / or live with him). So "Slim" got knocked. Bad. The f**k out of the box really!! He lost all his girls. lol. So anyway, some other old dude recalls how he saw Slim keep his cool, go over to a payphone somewhere on the Strip, and start making a few calls. Several hours later, these guys marvel, about six or seven more much hotter-looking girls arrive on the Strip and they're all Slim's. So all these other pimps are amazed, right? At his game. And Slim said to them, basically, "You all only got my third-string of women there this afternoon baby. This here's my starting lineup." Sorry, say what you will about him, but that's one cool old cat in my book. :cool:

scorpio king

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive watched fight club and Ocean's 11. I figured out that to be able to enjoy reading the Weapons of Mass Seduction of Mr. Fingers, one should definitely watch fight club. George Clooney is like the absolute Don although he lacks one thing though, sense of humor. Could someone suggest a character who acts like Dj (smooth body language, voice tone) with good humor?

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't a film, it's actually a play. It's called Platonov by Tchekov. The main character, Platonov, is basically a natural DJ and a master of CF. He does not give a hoot for these gorgeous russian women that are chasing him, and that's why they want him all the more. In the story, he's married, but every woman in the play falls in love with him for his golden tongue. He leaves his wife for the wife of a humongous AFC, they elope. It doesn't end too well, though, the ex-wife poisons herself and the new wife shoots Platonov. Oh well, very instructive though, and a great tragic-comedy.

I also recommend seeing it in a language you actually understand, unlike me - I saw it in French, which could use some work, let's say.

Mtrain

Reaction score
how bout this guys.... here is my list:

****tail - Tom Cruise is super smooth in the movie

Saturday Night Fever - John Travolta arguably at his best

Ocean's Eleven - George Clooney and Brad Pitt- super cool in the movie..

Any of the James Bond movies

guided_missile

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kitsune
Anything by Alain Delon.
I've only seen the "L'Eclisse" by Antonioni with him, but it's perfect. He plays a shallow vapid stock broker who the lead actress (hot Monica Vitti) falls for head over heals, even though she's very "deep and thoughtful". An added bonus is the guy she breaks up with in the beggining; a great example of how NOT to be with women.

Even though he's known for his female characters, Antonioni has some of the most realistic males in his films. None of the Hollywood "romantic comedy" pussies or unrealistic macho action stars, just real (generally very intelligent) guys, with real problems similar to ours. His style is very slow paced, which makes his films difficult to watch as entertainment, but they great for studying character mannerisms. "The Passenger" with Jack Nicholson should be coming out on DVD soon.

Also, check out anything by Michael Mann. A very masculine director. Start with Miami Vice (the TV series); Crockett and Hubbs are both great, in many ways they invented the "metrosexual". "Heat" with Pacino and Deniro, is another good one.

As for films telling us how NOT to be, I'd say check out the film "Gun Crazy". Great ending, but for the lead male, it's too late.

librito

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
there is a new movie coming out on december 25th and
the title is CASANOVA...itll be playing in most theaters.
I think I'll watch it.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. I don't watch many movies but was wondering about this recently.