Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Movie Line

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw this movie the other day, Poms, which was about elderly women in a retirement community putting together a cheerleading squad. Wasn't bad. But there was a line in there that I keep thinking about. There was a high school teenage dude who was living with his grandmother, he was getting paid to play the music for the ladies. And there was a high school cheerleader girl who was teaching the women, and acting as choreographer. Of course he started to get a crush on her. Which lead to this exchange:

One of the women told him:
"Do you want some free advice? You can't wait for a girl like Chloe to notice you. A girl like that gets a lot of attention".
And the guy says "What's your point?"
"That life is short, and you have to make your move". The woman who said this was dying of cancer, just for some perspective.

It seems like a mix of good advice and dumb movie romance fantasy. Even when I was a kid, everyone always said you if you liked someone you should take your shot, and it's consistent with PUA theory, so no problem there. But the other part of me wonders if the girl has endless options, and it looked like the guy had none, why would she be interested in this guy, who didn't seem to have much going for him? Especially since it appeared she was never going to notice him on her own?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw this movie the other day, Poms, which was about elderly women in a retirement community putting together a cheerleading squad. Wasn't bad. But there was a line in there that I keep thinking about. There was a high school teenage dude who was living with his grandmother, he was getting paid to play the music for the ladies. And there was a high school cheerleader girl who was teaching the women, and acting as choreographer. Of course he started to get a crush on her. Which lead to this exchange:

"Do you want some free advice? You can't wait for a girl like Chloe to notice you. A girl like that gets a lot of attention".
"That life is short, and you have to make your move". The woman who said this was dying of cancer, just for some perspective.

It seems like a mix of good advice and dumb movie romance fantasy. Even when I was a kid, everyone always said you if you liked someone you should take your shot, and it's consistent with PUA theory, so no problem there. But the other part of me wonders if the girl has endless options, and it looked like the guy had none, why would she be interested in this guy, who didn't seem to have much going for him? Especially since it appeared she was never going to notice him on her own?
It's streaming on Amazon Prime. It's one of those movies that was in cinemas last year, it was released on digital, and picked up by Amazon but I never bothered to even preview yet.

Don't want any spoilers so I'm just ignoring your message (even though I quoted it) and will consider upping the priority of this movie. There is an insane back-log of movies on Amazon Prime, Netflix, Crave and Disney-plus that I intend to watch but never came around to viewing them, yet. Also some back-logged rentals too that I have to watch before they expire.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't want any spoilers so I'm just ignoring your message
Understandable, but my post only contained very minor spoilers. The biggest news I talked about is revealed in the first few minutes of the movie.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But the other part of me wonders if the girl has endless options, and it looked like the guy had none, why would she be interested in this guy, who didn't seem to have much going for him?
A woman having endless options means nothing. These options all may be great catches and provide great value for society, but they are not good for her. What is good for her is what a man can do for her.

Women go for the best man that suits their needs. A man has to be of use to her in some way; image/security/fame/protection. If he can’t be useful to HER, he’s nothing to her.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It doesn't matter if she has endless options. If he's interested it's best to take a shot if he feels attraction, even if it's subtle or indirect, then to never move on it. It should be as brainless as breathing.

Shows and movies love to romanticize the living crap out of these scenarios. He shouldn't be crushing to begin with. He should be focusing on starting a business or otherwise making his life so immaculate in his own eyes that flirting with her comes naturally and effortlessly, that way it's NBD either way. But hey that's not good TV. And the old ladies are feeding a Disney narrative, maybe even trying to live vicariously through him for their own shortcomings.

@BadBoy89 you're saying women are pragmatic. Everyone is pragmatic most of the time, but you have no idea what the other person holds in higher regard than the next until you interact with them.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, bear in mind these were high school students. So starting a business would be admirable, but probably not uppermost in his mind. He was wanting to get his driver's license for instance.

From a pragmatic sense, I would think her other options would give her more as far as image/security/fame/protection, maybe someone on the football team. Because I don't see anything unique that this guy would have to offer her. He's almost like a male version of the girls in Twilight or Fifty Shades, who make you wonder why those powerful men would be interested in them, when there's nothing special about them.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot girls have many options but when you're standing in front of her and all those options are miles away, you're more likely to get with her in that instant than all those better options miles away are.

It sounds obvious but it's true.

The best way for an average dude to get with a high SMV girl is for him to already have another high SMV girl.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, bear in mind these were high school students. So starting a business would be admirable, but probably not uppermost in his mind. He was wanting to get his driver's license for instance.

From a pragmatic sense, I would think her other options would give her more as far as image/security/fame/protection, maybe someone on the football team. Because I don't see anything unique that this guy would have to offer her. He's almost like a male version of the girls in Twilight or Fifty Shades, who make you wonder why those powerful men would be interested in them, when there's nothing special about them.
In high school its all about Looks and Status, nothing much to add.

So dont wanna sound too black pilled but unless he has the face and the body and at least a minimun status within his peers, no amount of attempt would have helped that guy.

Regarding starting a business and such, I dont think actions will grant a man raw physical desire from woman as much as "being" something she really likes.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Appealing to her hypergamy and lust for resources is the last thing a man should do.

I know a guy who gets with a lot of mostly medium SMV girls by appealing to their desperation for a beta "saviour" (youth unemployment is like 30% here, and average girls can't get by on their looks when job hunting), taking them out to fancy restaurants in his bottom of the range Evoque (pun unintended). He thinks he's the world's greatest DJ when all he's really doing is exploiting girl's programming. It works for him though. I still take the pi$$ endlessly for his blue pill approach, not to mention his girly crossover.

He's relatively tall and has a great hairdo but isn't in shape. He used to be a champion boxer though.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In high school its all about Looks and Status, nothing much to add.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, and this kid appeared to have neither.

Honestly, they never even get into his story with the girl at all really. They never even say if he asked her out, or if she accepted. There is just a scene "one year later", where they seem to exchange some meaningful looks and smile happily. To me, that suggested they were together as a couple by then. But maybe he just banged her out behind the dumpster, who knows?

Regarding looks though, I am no judge of male attractiveness. For instance, I was completely shocked to hear that a lot of females found Seth McFarlane, Pete Davidson, and/or Colin Jost to be sex symbols. Nothing against them, I just never would have guessed it if I hadn't heard girls rave about them. I know Colin Jost is dating Scarlett Johansson, so good for him. I'm sure "he's the prize" though, right? Lol. :rofl:

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ScarJo Is getting old, so if he becomes a ripped Greek God then Yes, he'll be the prize.

Don't be blinded by her fame. A woman's worth is her fertility and maternal instinct.

And how depraved she is, obviously.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Sure, from a purely common sense standpoint, make your move so you have no regrets. That’s not wrong per se. It's good general life advice.

But, for dating, from the blackpill standpoint, an experienced guy pretty much knows when he has a legitimate chance versus when he has virtually no chance.

As bluepilled as I was in high school, I had enough common sense to know that when the top cheerleader was making polite conversation with me that it meant nothing. I had no delusional plans to ask her out.

Last edited:

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a question of pride as well; custom dictates you have a go because "you miss every shot you don't take" and other self-help cheeseball quotes.

But if she's clearly not making an effort, she's clearly not putting her hands on me or engaging with me beyond the most essential communication, why should I stroke her ego by "having a go"? Maybe I won't be rejected, but her absence of signals either way is a clear signal in itself; she isn't interested. Certainly not in me. Maybe in what I can do for her to make her life easier.

There is no Visionist charity.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Agree with Visionist. You don't want to waste effort to give her free attention.

My angle was a little different. While I do think it IS possible to "punch above your weight" in certain rare circumstances, it's probably done in a very specific targeted way. For example, your intuition tells you that you caught the right chick at just the right time. I don't think it's as simple as "just roll the dice" and have "delusional self-confidence" lol.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whilst I attract a lot of damaged, low tier women for some reason, when I was younger I was often surprised at how hot some of the girls showing me interest were. It was almost always situational however.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when I was younger I was often surprised at how hot some of the girls showing me interest were. It was almost always situational however.
That goes along with PUA gurus who talk about how a woman's value is constant, but the guy's is always fluctuating. They always give examples where a guy basically has the girl but then loses frame for a second and she's gone. I've always said most guys in the right situation can bang a hot girl, but it's another thing to keep them around (if you consider such a thing desirable).

As for the movie, it only made sense that they put in a little romance from the younger characters. No one wants to see 70 year olds go at it.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Attraction is not rational.. She could be the cutest chick in town but have a weird kick where she is attracted to fat hairy men. Now every Chad and Brad in town gets upset when she's at the bar with Guido.
Makes no sense, but that's what turns her on.

That's why you should never disqualify yourself based on your own perception of her Value. You may just be the type who gets her juices flowing.

In other words if you like a girl let her know.. You never really know how it's gonna go.