"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Most boneheaded moves . . .

40quid

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2003
Messages
60
Reaction score
1
Location
Good ol' U.S. of A
I saw the earlier thread about the best pickup stories. Now, it's come for some comic relief. What is your best story about how you were totally in with a girl, but because of your inexperience/boneheadedness/nerves, you screwed it up?

I'll go first. I was studying in a coffee shop today. This coffee shop has a small indoor area and a huge deck area (two-and-a-half floors) connected to it. This cute undergrad starts talking to me in line for coffee and I do my usual, laid-back, ****y and funny routine, and she's loving it. As we get to the head of the line, she asks me, "so how long are you staying." I respond, "for a while." She says, "so, uh, can I join you?" "Sure, whatever. I'm outside." And with that, I walk right out and sit back to where I was.

She didn't come by. I think that she was wanting me to wait for her, but not even thinking about it, I was so nonchalant that I figured, well, if she wants me enough, she'll find me.

I retrospect, I figured it wouldn't have been too desperate looking to at least wait for her to get her order and walk out together.

Whatever, I have a couple more numbers to go through before I need to find some more.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Read "Your Most Obvious Come-On Missed" by Sir_Chancealot in The Archive for more stories.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top