Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

More Sugar, Less Sex?

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, fruit is fine - I mean it's hard to eat too much of it or you'll be on the can all day. It's the easiest sugar to convert to energy, at least without the hazards of sucrose. As for juice, I buy 100% juice with no sugar, but I water it down to a ratio of 9/1 water/juice, just for a little flavor.

FYI sugar alternatives like stevia and agave are just other syrups or derivatives that are almost as bad as corn syrup (maybe not quite as bad though). I think it's better to get used to flavors without adding sugar unnecessarily.

As for carbs, keep it moderate. Most of the anti-carb craze is due to American inability to curb their appetites and/or exercise. People eat carbs in other countries and overall weigh far less than Americans. I've read that people that eat rice regularly, even white rice, have less body fat on average, though no one is sure why since it's so starchy.

I try to eat healthy overall and exercise regularly, but you gotta live a little. A piece of cake once in a while is not going to destroy you.
Fruit contains fructose. It has to be processed by the liver to turn it into glucose. This does not mean it won’t make you fat or slow metabolic rate if eaten in excess or eating the higher sugar rated types.

Whole grains are still converted to glucose, so no, it is still converted to fat. Your muscles can only hold about 400-500 grams of glucose. Any excess is going to adipose tissue. Your body can make its own glucose from protein. Hormonal response is a science all by itself.
I can drain most of my glucose via heavy weights (squats or deadlifts) or sprints. At that point my testosterone is lower as I workout in a fasted state. By the next day my testosterone is sky high.
I am fat adapted. My body will switch to burning fat. Thus I have a low body fat percentage and can run all day or night with very little or no caloric intake and not loose muscle.

Last edited:

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This would be gold on a hairloss forum. Not even kidding. Anything estradiol = more hair theory

Those poor basterds alter their hormones just a little and report a drop in assertiveness, lack of drive etc

So theres definitely something in this to think in terms of our behaviour

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Don't worry abt testosterone, just keep in shape.

Worry abt diabetes, that's the killer.

I was once involved in a charity organisation that raised money for dialysis patients and for most the underlying cause was excessive sugar.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Let's not get sidetracked gents.

This is a really important topic, sugar intake.

You guys seriously need to check out those people with kidney failure.

Undergoing dialysis every alternate day for 4 hours each time is not only taxing but financially burdensome.

I've been taking no sugar coffee, tea, etc since then and it's been years now. It's an acquired taste the 1st few months but now if you were to ask me to take a sweetened coffee I'd won't be able to enjoy it as I've conditioned my body to reject it.

The trick gents is to do it slowly by using just plain milk as a substitute for sugar.

Then slowly ween urself from milk too (subjective).

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score

Undergoing dialysis every alternate day for 4 hours each time is not only taxing but financially burdensome.

I've been taking no sugar coffee, tea, etc since then and it's been years now. It's an acquired taste the 1st few months but now if you were to ask me to take a sweetened coffee I'd won't be able to enjoy it as I've conditioned my body to reject it.

The trick gents is to do it slowly by using just plain milk as a substitute for sugar.

I do as close to zero sugar as humanly possible. I make my own version of bullet proof coffee. MCT oil and some other fats to change up. Blend it up and it’s delicious.

Grains are effectively sugar. Borrow a blood tester from a diabetic. Get up in the morning and eat two slices of whole wheat toast. Nothing else. In 30 minutes prick your finger and do the test.

This is pretty simple stuff. Grains are converted to sugar almost immediately. But people will have trouble with it because it turns into an opiate and triggers opiate receptors. They are addicted to them. The romans would force occupied territories and countries into agriculture. This lowered their aggression (testosterone) and they could quell rebellions via agriculture.
The US adopted the same policy with native Americans. Namely the plains tribes. Move them away from the concentrated protein and nutrients of meat and force them to plant and grow food. It worked.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Sugar == estrogenic led to me halting even the minimal use.