Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

More Sugar, Less Sex?

U

user43770

The dietary sugar of 15 young men was reduced from their habitual approximately 150 g/day to about 55 g/day. After 3 weeks, the concentration of oestradiol in their plasma fell by about 25%. Resumption of their habitual intake of sugar for 2 weeks restored the oestradiol concentration to its previous value.

Estradiol is a form of estrogen. Higher estrogen levels in men have been linked to infertility, erectile dysfunction and a loss of sexual desire.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it was just for the sex drive I wouldnt bother to do anything about it but since oestrogens give negative feedbacks to testosterone production I will probably cut them.

I recall a month before a match that I had to cut 3 kgs to make it, I virtually cut 90% of my sugar intake and my libido went sky high.

No further change happened in terms of strenght and aggresivity however.

Anyway how a macro nutrient can influence so much hormones?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Sugar should be kept to a min. as well as processed foods. I cook a lot, so my "deserts" are made of monk fruit / stevia or a erythritol / stevia mix. Tastes delicious, no sugar. I make my own trail mix with nuts and dried fruit as well. Delicious and zero added sugar.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No question about this. It goes for breads, rice and fruits too, which act just like sugar in the body. However, they (fruits and whole grain wheats) do have vitamins/minerals you need as well as fiber. So I try to only eat fruits in the morning, which is easy because I don't like fruit anyway, so I generally make shakes to get the nutrients. I try to only eat wheats (usually sandwiches, sometimes brown rice) at lunch, then cut out sugar completely at dinner. I minimize it no matter what and try to NEVER eat refined sugar or syrups if I can help it. Eating a piece of pie or whatever just isn't worth the cost, in my mind.

Do that, and replace that sugary stuff with good fats, and you can reverse some of this stuff.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No question about this. It goes for breads, rice and fruits too, which act just like sugar in the body. However, they (fruits and whole grain wheats) do have vitamins/minerals you need as well as fiber. So I try to only eat fruits in the morning, which is easy because I don't like fruit anyway, so I generally make shakes to get the nutrients. I try to only eat wheats (usually sandwiches, sometimes brown rice) at lunch, then cut out sugar completely at dinner. I minimize it no matter what and try to NEVER eat refined sugar or syrups if I can help it. Eating a piece of pie or whatever just isn't worth the cost, in my mind.

Do that, and replace that sugary stuff with good fats, and you can reverse some of this stuff.
Word. After my existential crisis last summer that got me back into shape, one of the things I cut out was sweets. I'm far from a no-added-sugar to be sure, but there's some easy low-hanging fruit that can be whacked. One of my GF's partners challenged her to a one-month no-added sugar diet, but she had such a healthy diet to begin with it's utterly unshocking that eliminating anything that has the word "sugar" in the ingredients list is not making one iota of difference.

One thing we did discover together is that being creative with eggs in the morning can be a way to get a good protein boost as well as sneaking in a serving of veggies. A new favorite is to lightly saute shredded carrots and finely-diced peppers, and blend them into an egg scramble as well as melt in some soft-rind cheese. Not only delicious, but you can get those nutrients without the fruits, especially if you are fruit-averse and are trying to reduce sugar.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

I've spoken to many nutrianists about this. Fruits are very good and healthy for a person. The chances are low with weight gain on fruits due to the fact they have fiber to help lessen the effect on your body. People drink those fruit juices and think they are healthy; they are not. That is where the weight gain comes from. Also, while white bread is bad, whole gain is okay. Though, I still make mine with arrow root, coconut flour and almond flour. Coffee is good too; just not one of those while concoctions at Starbucks. The amount of sugar those frapps have is mind-boggling.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've spoken to many nutrianists about this. Fruits are very good and healthy for a person. The chances are low with weight gain on fruits due to the fact they have fiber to help lessen the effect on your body. People drink those fruit juices and think they are healthy; they are not. That is where the weight gain comes from. Also, while white bread is bad, whole gain is okay. Though, I still make mine with arrow root, coconut flour and almond flour. Coffee is good too; just not one of those while concoctions at Starbucks. The amount of sugar those frapps have is mind-boggling.
Yeah, fruit is fine - I mean it's hard to eat too much of it or you'll be on the can all day. It's the easiest sugar to convert to energy, at least without the hazards of sucrose. As for juice, I buy 100% juice with no sugar, but I water it down to a ratio of 9/1 water/juice, just for a little flavor.

FYI sugar alternatives like stevia and agave are just other syrups or derivatives that are almost as bad as corn syrup (maybe not quite as bad though). I think it's better to get used to flavors without adding sugar unnecessarily.

As for carbs, keep it moderate. Most of the anti-carb craze is due to American inability to curb their appetites and/or exercise. People eat carbs in other countries and overall weigh far less than Americans. I've read that people that eat rice regularly, even white rice, have less body fat on average, though no one is sure why since it's so starchy.

I try to eat healthy overall and exercise regularly, but you gotta live a little. A piece of cake once in a while is not going to destroy you.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I avoid sugar and grains. I eat vegetables and some fruit. My testosterone is around 800 to 900 based on what time of day.

When your estrogen goes down, your testosterone goes up. Visa versa.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Yeah, fruit is fine - I mean it's hard to eat too much of it or you'll be on the can all day. It's the easiest sugar to convert to energy, at least without the hazards of sucrose. As for juice, I buy 100% juice with no sugar, but I water it down to a ratio of 9/1 water/juice, just for a little flavor.

FYI sugar alternatives like stevia and agave are just other syrups or derivatives that are almost as bad as corn syrup (maybe not quite as bad though). I think it's better to get used to flavors without adding sugar unnecessarily.

As for carbs, keep it moderate. Most of the anti-carb craze is due to American inability to curb their appetites and/or exercise. People eat carbs in other countries and overall weigh far less than Americans. I've read that people that eat rice regularly, even white rice, have less body fat on average, though no one is sure why since it's so starchy.

I try to eat healthy overall and exercise regularly, but you gotta live a little. A piece of cake once in a while is not going to destroy you.
Stevia is a leaf dude. It's not even close to HFCS. Rice fills a person up fast, thus why it's so popular in the Asian countries. However, it has very little nutrition. Brown or wild rice is better for people.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stevia is a leaf dude. It's not even close to HFCS. Rice fills a person up fast, thus why it's so popular in the Asian countries. However, it has very little nutrition. Brown or wild rice is better for people.

You're right. I was thinking that stevia extract was similar to other syrups, but I think it's less toxic. (Sugar is a cane, and cocaine is a leaf, so where it originates matters less than how it's processed.)

Overall though, Americans are always looking for some silver bullet. Just eat less and exercise more, pretty simple, and stay away from junk food.

U

user43770

If it was just for the sex drive I wouldnt bother to do anything about it but since oestrogens give negative feedbacks to testosterone production I will probably cut them.

I recall a month before a match that I had to cut 3 kgs to make it, I virtually cut 90% of my sugar intake and my libido went sky high.

No further change happened in terms of strenght and aggresivity however.

Anyway how a macro nutrient can influence so much hormones?
I've seen that you're a fan of minimalism - via capt capitalism - and I think we have a similar outlook on life in general. Send me a PM

U

user43770

I was wondering how his mind got to where it is @RickTheToad. I don't wonder about yours, because you don't seem like you're as bad as us. You still have hope.