Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

more movies with great male role models

lynx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a list of movies with actors who embody the qualities of a "great man."

1) Bullit, starring Steve McQueen and Jacqueline Bisset. See how composed and calm Bullit (Steve McQuen) appears even under the most dangerous and stressful situations. Also, see how he listens and responds to Jackie's emotional pleadings. Smooth.
2) The Maltese Falcon, starring Humphrey Bogart. Nobody plays coold private eyes like Humphrey. He's tough with bad guys and smooth with women. Also watch Humphrey in other movies like Casablanca and The Big Sleep.
3) The Presidio, starring Mark Harmon, Meg Ryan, and Sean Connery. See how Mark Harmon handles Meg's Oprah-like melodrama. Sean Connery plays Meg's father and, despite Sean's overbearing and intimidating presence, Mark is able to deal with him as an equal.
4) The Thomas Crown Affair. Watch either the old version (the one with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway) or the new version (the one with Pierce Brosnan and Renee Russo). See how calm and confident Thomas Crown is.
5) There are various versions of "The Count of Monte Cristo", but one of my favorites is a tv version made in 1974 starring Richard Chamberlain. He embodies the qualities of a real Don Juan. The version that came out in theaters earlier this year is also good. Also watch the t.v. miniseries starring Gerard Depardieu.
5) The Scarlet Pimpernel, starring Leslie Howard (I think). Chivalry and swashbuckling at its finest. Also watch a newer version of The Scarlet Pimpernel with Steve Andrews (I think) and Jane Seymour from 1982.
6) I can't think of any other movies right now, but I think a lot of the old-time actors embodied admirable male qualities. Watch movies with cool actors like Clint Eastwood, Cary Grant, and Kirk Douglas.

Can you guys think of any other movies with great male role models?

Disciple_5573

Reaction score
What's up Lynx!! There are a lot of good movies out there with great male role models. Personally, I love mob movies and movies with guys like George Clooney who combine strong masculinity, wit, intelligence, and humor. Some of my favorites include Vito and Michael Corleone in the Godfather trilogy. They represent excellent examples of how a man should rule his world. They were great leaders who were fair and could be reasoned with but they were ruthless and calculating when dealing with their enemies. Both understood that a man must wear many hats so to speak in order to be successful in life. They were good family men but were also very astute businessmen (although I don't personally recommend getting into the types of illegal businesses they controlled). They understood that business and pleasure should never be mixed and that taking care of one's business should be the number one priority in a man's life. I must admit I also liked Bruce Willis in the Die Hard Trilogy. He represented the average guy who is forced to do above average things because he had to in order to rise to the challenges he faced. There are many others but hit Blockbuster on the weekend and you'll find some more good ones. Take it easy, and good hunting to ya!!

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently say on old Stallone movie on TV the other day called "Cobra". It's interesting to see the way he got this hot blond girl to chase him

Chockster

Reaction score
Ok, what about the movie, Cruel Intentions, the way Sebastian Valmont is cool and calm at the same time, I think its one of the greatest examples of a cool DJ.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ocean's Eleven...Clooney and Brat Pitt were excellent dressers and cool, suave guys. Had the look, the walk and the talk.

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok,
1. Clooney in "Three Kings"... Very cool.
2. Boghart in "Casablanca". Although the movie's a bit sappy, Boghart's at his DJ best.
3. King in "Viva Las Vegas", an excellent example on how to play a woman.
4. Pacino in "Scarface".
5. Pacino in "Devil's Advocate".
I'll try to come up with more later...

lynx

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of good movies out there with great male role models.
You're so right, and thanks everybody for all the suggestions. I watched a great movie last weekend called "The Unbearable Lightness of Being." It's great and would be a wonderful date movie. A lot of movies with good male role models have lots of violence, but this one doesn't so you can watch it with women. Read the novel by Milan Kundera first and get some background on the situation in Czechoslovakia in 1968 to understand the movie. Another movie that's great to watch with chicks is "Henry and June." It's about a womanizing writer named Henry Miller. You guys should read his books. They're hilarious. Once again, guys, thanks for the great suggestions.

Lord Luscious

Don Juan
Reaction score
@Chockster - yeah, RIGHT!! Cruel intentions! Tons to copy from Sebastians act... just think of the hugging thing with that psychiatrist *****... him yelling into the ears of that brunette chick s mother... his saying "ciao" with this huge gesture... lots more...
Another good one to copy from is ultracool stylish John Travolta (ick... right... but here, he rocks bigtime) in "Get Shorty"...
Great film anyway.

Vegas Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has mentioned Russell Crowe in Gladiator!

Maximum is a mushroom-cloud laying muthafvcker, muthafvcker!

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one mentioned Boiler Room.
*Act like you have a nine inch **** and dont take *****

------------------
High School is a lot like prison: the sex you want, you ain't getting, the sex your getting, you don't want.

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cruel Intentions was a great movie. He DID DJ pleanty in the beginning of the movie, but he began to turn into a pvssy towards the end. (He cried like a 6 year old girl). And of course, in Hollywood, his AFC ways eventually got him the girl.

-Blitz

Jin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
anyone see Pitch Black...?

I liked Vins attitude and how he used fear to create sexual excitment in the pilot chick... his whole attitude was "You live every moment only cause I let you" and the way he carried himself and body-language....

and he was one bad-ass Muthafu%# !!!

Jin

------------------
Hurry up and torture me before I fall saleep and miss it

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spock from star trek

He never showed emotion toward any situation,even women