Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Morals (attn: Maverick)

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Can you please explain to me why I need morals? Can you explain why I need morals to be successful in life? (I'm not talking about women here or the bad boy vs nice guy arguement that you were talking about JackPrescott with.

I want to know why I need morals?

Anyone else from the morality police is welcome to jump in on this. I just didn't want to continue hijacking the other thread when the depth of his issues were revealed.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people have a moral code by which they live.

You don't need morals. They just happen to be there, ingrained in your head as a result of family background, how you were socialized, etc.

It's not like you go out into the world and get morals.

AlanB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you don't need morals to be succesful but I guess it depends what kind of person you want to be.

Personally, I would rather be the kind of guy that people are glad when I am succesful rather then have everyone begrudge me everything because I act like such an immoral ******* to get anything I want. Those are just the type of people I admire but I guess it is an individual choice. It seems that most really successful people (be it in terms of money, women whatever) are generally pretty liked.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mac-

you should elaborate a bit more so we know what we are discussing.

but as far as morals in general i think its more important or relevant to have ethics not so much morals. ( if you can differ the two)

if you stand for nothing you fall for everything. and though that saying is sooo cliche it holds true.

you lose yourself and have no identity. why do you feel you have no morals?? your morale doesnt have to be equal to your neighbors or to maverick either.

a bit more clarity and i would love to induldge

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Here's how the conversation got started but I'm asking because what I refer to as the morality police always jump all over me when I give advice to guys who are cheating.

Mavrick said:
Seriously, if this woman is that hot, I'm sure the husband will not be happy and would shoot you on the spot. Good luck!
MacAvoy said:
You keep letting your paranoa from living your life my friend.
Mavrick said:
Nope, I just have respect for marriage. It's not for me to interfere. There are plenty of women out there that are single and dying to find a MAN.
MacAvoy said:
Then say that instead of fear mongering.
Mavrick said:
I'll say what I want to say, but he will be shot if this woman's husband is that way. That is something to think about whether you want to deny it or not.
MacAvoy said:
Do you know how many wives cheat? Literally millions every year. How many are stupid enough to shoot another man, what maybe 5 a year. I'll take those odds anyday.

You better stay inside as well because you might get struck by lightning. My point is I can respect a man if he doesn't sleep with a women for moral reasons however if a man acts because he's scared of running into a one in a million psycho, then he's not a man.

End of hijack.
Mavrick said:
If you have any respect for other people, you would stay away. If you don't have any respect then go ahead and have sex with married women. They are off the market. If they cheat, that's for them to deal with. That does not mean that you have to be the man they cheat with. Get some morals, buddy.
MacAvoy said:

I guess my point is I don't see how having sex behind someone's back is a bad thing provided that you never let them find out. I don't see how it determines a person's success in life.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
I guess my point is I don't see how having sex behind someone's back is a bad thing provided that you never let them find out. I don't see how it determines a person's success in life..
It's not your role to tell someone what they should or shouldn't do. If someone wants to engage in adultery, it is their choice. Chances are, if they are even posting about it, they've already made their decision. It's more about how to get into that person's pants than anything else.

You define success a certain way, I define it another way. If you think betraying someone is OK, then that's what you think.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mac-

this debate will always be there. IMO women make there on decisions and are responsible for them . if a married women decides that she wants to cheat on her husband with you then she is responsible for her own actions and consequences.

if not you then she will find someone else.

however at the same time, you are responsible for YOUR own actions as well. its not so much worrying about mr crazy husband than worrying about your LIFE consequences.

your depiction of marriage may start to get cloudy, your outlook on life may suffer in the long run because you are not indulding in quality relationships. not to mention the "karma" attached to this.

to each their own and i am not the one to judge since i have in the past courted a married women. however i KNOW i am responsible for my own choices. and we have to take the consequences, if any, like a MAN.

EastWind

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like DavenJuan's differentiation between morals and ethics. For me, morals are about something I personally don't do, but don't mind (i.e.: don't give a damn) if other people do it. Think scat fetish. That's beyond my morals - I just wouldn't do it, for whatever reasons. Don't care if others like or do it, though.

Ethics is something I believe everyone needs to live up to for this world to be inhabitable. Think racism, fishing the oceans dry and the likes.

The thing is, everyone has their own criteria by which they place things in each category. For us here, a lot has been moved from the "morals" category to the "ethics" category - we don't mind about a LOT of stuff anymore.

That whole cheating in a marriage thing is a bit of a mixed thing. When I talk to women in relationships, I like to find out how the relationship is doing. If you play your cards right - praise it all a bit too much, have enough comfort and attraction - she will start to show you the flaws and holes. If I decide the two of them have a got a shot at something really great - I let go. If the whole thing appears to be rotting from the inside anyway - I may only be the last drop.

The problem is that wayyyyy too many people have wayyyy too much stuff in their "ethics" category. That or they feel they need to be missionaries. Think Christians in America. The kind that is doesn't just tell you he believes you'd be better off doing x once, then leave it at that. The kind that keeps bugging you and interfering with you. Which appears to be the kind of person Mavrick is.

AlanB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to get involved with a woman who cheated on her husband. You can call that naive, old-fashioned, chumpish or whatever. That's just who I am.

The one time that it happened and I knew about it (picked up a girl at a club and slept with her and the next day she said something along the lines of 'we should meet up but I don't want my boyfriend to find out about it') I just sacked her off straight away. Sometimes, it just makes me lose a lot of respect for the woman for doing that and I don't want any involvement with her.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Morals from an evolutionary stand point. If women gave equal oppertunity to all men, then this would ultimately lead to our evolution coming to a grinding halt and possibly even thrust in reverse. How? Procreating with slutty women would lead to slutty off-spring that would sleep with less genetically gift partners, which would in turn become more sluty and less genetically gifted. The gene pool would become incredibly shallow, and civilization would regress.

I am sure you've read Freakenomics and the authors views on abortion. But if you haven't here's the low down. He writes that at one time in Romania, abortion was outlawed. It caused higher crime, and poverty rates, and the eventual over throw of the government. My point? The apples don't fall far from the tree. So impregnating, either by accident or on purpose, slutty women, is NOT good for mankind.

But given that we live in countries where birth control, condoms and abortions are available, then one can argue that it is infact moral for you to be sleeping with the cheating wife assuming you don't have an std. You know if you're std free or not, and if you aren't fvcking her, she could be out fvcking some other guy that might have an std. This inturn would have an affect on the husbands risk of getting an std.

Statistically speaking most women that cheat only have one or two partners. So why not make sure those few partners are with someone that is not high risk?

Given this, it all really comes down to trust. What do you define as behind someone's back? Personally I think that dating several women is ok. In the end I know I can pick one that I really like. However, sleeping with married women is only short term so the question is, why bother making the investment if it's not going to make long term returns.

I myself have fooled arround with a married woman so don't think I am passing judgement, I am simply posting my thoughts on the subject.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
Morals from an evolutionary stand point. If women gave equal oppertunity to all men, then this would ultimately lead to our evolution coming to a grinding halt and possibly even thrust in reverse. How? Procreating with slutty women would lead to slutty off-spring that would sleep with less genetically gift partners, which would in turn become more sluty and less genetically gifted. The gene pool would become incredibly shallow, and civilization would regress.
I'm not sure if this is what you were getting at. But heres how I see it: take wifey, married to man who isn't doing enough to build attraction = AFC. Now from an evolutin standpoint, mankind would be better off genetically speaking if wifey messes around with someone who turns her on (alpha) and thereby improving the genepool. Also wifey is married, thereby having good genes as well, she ain't slvtty, she's committed to one man, and has one on the side. Sleeping with 2 men isn't slvtty. If so, then 98% of women are slvtty because I don't know too many women who marry the first guy they sleep with.

SilverSonnet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no debate. There is only a person's personal morals. Whether you share those morals with somebody else is a different matter. Adultery is viewed by everybody as wrong, because God has said that is so, and that society believes it is wrong.
IF you want to commit adultery, do it. But there are consequences to everything we do in this world, so prepare to face the potentially and likely bad consequences following this act.

Lil' Ben ;)

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
DonGorgon said:
Another word for morals is hypocrisy
As culture changes people's level of hypocrisy changes but their propensity to deviant activities tends to remain constant... Society requires that you act a certain way and pretend to hold certain values... which means you need to adjust how much you hide what you really wanna do..

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
SilverSonnet said:
There is no debate. There is only a person's personal morals. Whether you share those morals with somebody else is a different matter. Adultery is viewed by everybody as wrong, because God has said that is so, and that society believes it is wrong.
IF you want to commit adultery, do it. But there are consequences to everything we do in this world, so prepare to face the potentially and likely bad consequences following this act.

Lil' Ben ;)
Whoa young man. First of all, there is always debate. First off, this isn't the place for religion but more importantly, your taking your religion as gospel, as the only truth.

Have you seen any scientific proof that everybody view's adultery as wrong? I guess I don't exist then.

On another note, I don't need to believe in some notion to be a good person. I also don't need karma to protect me.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
I'm not sure if this is what you were getting at. But heres how I see it: take wifey, married to man who isn't doing enough to build attraction = AFC. Now from an evolutin standpoint, mankind would be better off genetically speaking if wifey messes around with someone who turns her on (alpha) and thereby improving the genepool. Also wifey is married, thereby having good genes as well, she ain't slvtty, she's committed to one man, and has one on the side. Sleeping with 2 men isn't slvtty. If so, then 98% of women are slvtty because I don't know too many women who marry the first guy they sleep with.

You bring up some good points, but you have to consider that a cheating wife is still likely to sleep with her afc husband. The married woman would likely still choose to have the off spring of her afc husband and not that of her Alpha male partner. Even if she did have the alpha male's baby, the child would be tainted (assuming he is raised by) the afc father's social stigmas. What good are genetics if the child doesn't know how to use them?

I never meant to suggest that women that sleep with two men are slutty. When I said that most women that cheat only have one or two partners. I meant that they only have one or two partners that they cheat on their husband with.

You'd have women that would think it's ok to sleep with both AFC's and DJ. In the broad sense, if women keep this up, then there will always be AFC's slowing down society.

So next time you or someone you know acts like an AFC, ask them if they are ok with being the downfall of society.

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I'm a purist. I think that the whole idea that "if you want to be attractive, you have to have morals" is stupid. Attraction is such a loose, stochastic thing that there's no surefire thing you MUST HAVE to do in order to have it, like MONEY, LOOKS, or FAME. Pick-up can never be an exact science. All women are different. Some of you guys on here say that "if you get money, the women will flock to you." BULLSH*T.

Do any of you know f*cking millionaires? I know 2 millionaires that are still virgins. In Neil Strauss's book, The Game, Sweater was a successful businessman that hardly got any action.

If you want to pull girls, just do what Mystery did. Exposure. That's it. That's the only thing you need to do. Experience (and learning from experience) is the best teacher. You don't learn how to ride a bike by reading a book on how to ride a bike. You don't learn how to ride a bike by strengthening your legs. YOU RIDE THE BIKE.

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't read all the responses..and have a lot to say about morals. But to me, what it all comes down to is...

KARMA.