Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MoneyMaxxing, Gymmaxing and Self Improvement in General Lead to Loneliness and Unhappiness

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score
I know a lot of f-ckers, single dudes in their 20's and 30's making a lot of money in tech, who are extremely unhappy. They have few friends, no family to turn to locally, and now with all of these fake virus quarantines in large cities, all of the major recreational activities cities are supposedly renowned for, are now ironically shut down and completely inaccessible. Therefore, their money is useless since they can't play with it.

Gymmaxers are in a similar boat. They somehow think that maxing out their bench press or the size of their biceps will lead to more women, better looking women, or perhaps just a sense of supreme confidence. The problem is, gymmaxers are largely unappealing to women, most of whom prefer a leaner, athletic look rather than a bodybuilder type. Not to mention, they are more likely to become insecure as their new reference group becomes the 'roided out meatheads who work out 24/7 at golds rather than the average joe, so they never feel adequate or good enough.

The self improvement industry consists of the same set of sociopathic scammers without the taint of sexual promiscuity that tarnishes PUA coaches. They are all a bunch of fake gurus spewing out the same old catch phrases and common sense truisms and packaging them in super expensive ripoff seminars and coaching sessions.

We've all lost touch with our roots in family, community, nature and faith. (But but but, muh muscles, muh iphone, muh biches, duh....)

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strong OP. Nicely done.

Pursuing wealth as a single man with no heirs for what reason?
Is life supposed to have some purpose? I personally see no reason to start and have a family or spend more time with the family I already have.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
and now with all of these fake virus quarantines in large cities, all of the major recreational activities cities are supposedly renowned for, are now ironically shut down and completely inaccessible.
Not sure what you mean by "fake"? Last I checked, both the virus and government overreach (not to mention government hypocrisy) have been quite real.

We've all lost touch with our roots in family, community, nature and faith. (But but but, muh muscles, muh iphone, muh biches, duh....)
If someone is in an area where quarantines still are a thing, they won't have much community of any kind. In fact, communing via telecommunications such as via "muh iphone" might be as much community as they'd get until their quarantine is over.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Money does indeed makes your life easier with higher living standards and less stressful events in your life which does indeed lead to more happiness.
Being poor sucks and studies shows it too in form of low living standards, more stress and unhappiness.

I'd chose being rich any day over being poor...

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally agree

However, the world is on a narcissistic self destructive feminist collision course and you can't stop it

When A.I. finally takes over (the final nail in our coffin btw) life will actually have 0 meaning

Until then, making money & self improvement is the only way we can salvage some kind of dignity before our misery is over

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This study says money does buy happiness.

2 sides to every coin....
With higher income comes higher status. With higher status comes increased respect and prestige, and with that comes increased recognition from peers— which is an innate human desire.

However, there obviously needs to be a balance. Wealthy high-flying corporate guys with no wives or children tend to find their pursuit of wealth and status meaningless after they’ve satisfied their desire for peer approval. Their lives become hedonism-driven. I know some of these guys. They are insanely shallow and materialistic.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Happiness comes from inside never from the outside. 2 people could be facing the exact same circumstances and one could be very unhappy and the other very happy. Why? Because one doesn't need outside influences to be happy...they simply are happy with themselves.

The first step to being happy is to love yourself.

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score
This study says money does buy happiness.

2 sides to every coin....
1. $75K a year is not "moneymaxxing" in any way shape or form.

2. The researcher you cite doesn't arrive at any conclusions at all, actually (assuming you actually read the article, which I doubt):

“Wealth explains a small variance,” he said. There are plenty of other things that are equally, if not more important...I also asked people how important money is to them. And if I look at people who say money isn’t very important to them, it barely predicts their happiness. It’s possible to earn not that much and still be quite happy...we just don’t understand all these things.”

Last edited:

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. $75K a year is not "moneymaxxing" in any way shape or form.

2. The researcher you cite doesn't arrive at any conclusions at all, actually (assuming you actually read the article, which I doubt):

“Wealth explains a small variance,” he said. There are plenty of other things that are equally, if not more important...I also asked people how important money is to them. And if I look at people who say money isn’t very important to them, it barely predicts their happiness. It’s possible to earn not that much and still be quite happy...we just don’t understand all these things.”
The researcher you cite doesn't arrive at any conclusions at all either (assuming you actually read the article, which I doubt):

The study was based on 678 individuals in their mid-20s to early 50s in the Solomon Islands and Bangladesh, two very low-income countries.

Of course if you to the poorest most isolated places, they are not going to say money = happiness. They are going to tell you what you want to hear. Not brain surgery.

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score
The researcher you cite doesn't arrive at any conclusions at all either (assuming you actually read the article, which I doubt):

The study was based on 678 individuals in their mid-20s to early 50s in the Solomon Islands and Bangladesh, two very low-income countries.

Of course if you to the poorest most isolated places, they are not going to say money = happiness. They are going to tell you what you want to hear. Not brain surgery.
...so ignore the data because they are studying subhuman, uncivilized savages in isolated jungles, right?

Spew your white supremacist b.s. elsewhere, bud.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...so ignore the data because they are studying subhuman, uncivilized savages in isolated jungles, right?

Spew your white supremacist b.s. elsewhere, bud.
no one said that by being rich you will also be happy

but being rich gives you a lot of leverage in finding it , eventually , hopefully

money alone does not mean anything , what you do with them does

having money , means firstly that you can take care of yourself better , eat better , sleep , better , and do whatever lights your soul , try new stuff , etc

if you do not have the money , it is very difficult to do this

so yeah , having money gives you a better chance of being happy , if you want and look for it

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a lot of f-ckers, single dudes in their 20's and 30's making a lot of money in tech, who are extremely unhappy. They have few friends, no family to turn to locally, and now with all of these fake virus quarantines in large cities, all of the major recreational activities cities are supposedly renowned for, are now ironically shut down and completely inaccessible. Therefore, their money is useless since they can't play with it.
Some of those tech men you talk about men with no social skills who can't get laid. There are plenty of STEM majors with tech jobs making good money who can't attract women even with their sports cars.

Gymmaxers are in a similar boat. They somehow think that maxing out their bench press or the size of their biceps will lead to more women, better looking women, or perhaps just a sense of supreme confidence. The problem is, gymmaxers are largely unappealing to women, most of whom prefer a leaner, athletic look rather than a bodybuilder type. Not to mention, they are more likely to become insecure as their new reference group becomes the 'roided out meatheads who work out 24/7 at golds rather than the average joe, so they never feel adequate or good enough.
I have a lean and athletic look. It is debatable about whether we are preferred. I know one gym woman who turned me down in favor of a big muscular guy who I saw her with at the grocery store about 2 months after she rejected my approach in the gym. If you are doing approaches in the gym (fitness classes excluded), you should be a muscular guy. In most of the fitness classes, you're more likely to approach a woman who is ok with the generally fit look as compared to the general gym floor, which is when you'll see woman seeking out big, muscular men.

It's also possible to have big muscles and not use steroids.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man you guys are depressing haha. Relack. Take a deep breath. Let your shoulders drop. Woosah, ufeeme?

If other people didn't have a factor in an individual's happiness, why are we constantly forming community? Why doesn't everyone just live in isolation?

There's a tendency on this forum, which I noticed in myself over the past year and have been working on, to say things are one way or the other. Things are always on a spectrum. One person will oscillate on a different end of the spectrum than another. Some people will be on one end of a spectrum then the other in a few days, weeks, years. Being happy is about identifying where on the spectrum currently fits for you.

With that being said, there are certainly people at both extremes of the spectrum. I don't deny that there are people who highly value isolation and that makes them happy. But because one exists doesn't mean that the other doesn't and everything inbetween.