Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Money over health.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People sacrifice their health in order to provide for their family. I always thought i would put my health first because treating my body right should be my number one priority. Without my health, i am dead, yet here i am working nightshift. People working in factory damage their ears. They have to go to hospital because they are having problems with their ears due to high noise.
Lots of people work nightshift. Apparently nightshift is bad for your health.
It's a shame we cant live in a world where peoples health is the number one priority, not consumerism and production and money.

There is other jobs i can do, personally. I just have to put the fu*king work in. It's as though the lower level of soceity gets the jobs that damage health, pitworkers etc.

My question is should'nt soceity be doing something to help people in jobs that are damaging their health. Provide work that is healthy!
Probs wasting my time asking that question when we live in a world that is all about taking, not giving. A world where people disrespect the planet, animals and climate just to make produce. A loud world that fights over land!

U

user43770

You're right, Rainman. Any capitalist society is going to put the bottom line before the adverse effects. But you have to consider what the alternatives would be. Especially since our betters are dead-set on immigrating more people.

As for working nights, yeah it sucks, but you can make good money doing it.

I have to switch around sometimes, as rando mentioned. It's absolutely horrible trying to adjust, but somebody has to do it and they pay well for it

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
we all die. grind yourself down doing what you love and what you're good at.

U

user43770

we all die. grind yourself down doing what you love and what you're good at.
Most of us don't get paid for doing what we love. It's a matter of numbers, really. Only so many people can do any one thing. Somebody has to do the ditch work. And they can be compensated well if they're smart.

Your passion today might be in your rear-view tomorrow. That's something you learn as you get older. Not to say that you shouldn't pursue what you have an interest in. You most definitely should. If you can make money doing it, all the better. But nobody should put all of their efforts into their passion and hope for it to pay the bills.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of us don't get paid for doing what we love. It's a matter of numbers, really. Only so many people can do any one thing. Somebody has to do the ditch work. And they can be compensated well if they're smart.

Your passion today might be in your rear-view tomorrow. That's something you learn as you get older. Not to say that you shouldn't pursue what you have an interest in. You most definitely should. If you can make money doing it, all the better. But nobody should put all of their efforts into their passion and hope for it to pay the bills.
different strokes for different folks. i treat my passion as a side hustle and devote at least 10% of my free time per week to it. with enough persistence it'll eventually make more than my 9-5 and i'll be able to quit and do it full time. some people choose to devote 50-90% of their time to their passion and only have a small income like a part time job at a coffee shop to get by, these are the 'starving artists'. then there are those still that devote all of their time to their passion. these have the biggest balls and are taking the biggest risk, but naturally grow in that area faster than someone like me who's only devoting 10%. they are tested the most. these are the people that may go days without food, live on the streets at times, and are absolutely obsessed with their craft. i've seen more than a few people come up in their field by doing this. comfort really is the enemy of growth.

by sheer drive and determination one can become an expert in a field quickly. once you're an expert you're valuable. consulting and teaching become lucrative options. there is no need to ditch your passion all together. you can always escape the ditch work, even in a third world country.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A homeless man in regents canal, London looks across the street at Coal drops yard shopping Centre that just opened last week to keep the masses in control.
Hmm, suppose it's the way of the world. I'll just have to keep reading and thinking. Keep improving.