MODERATORS - What happened with all the "Master Don Juan" titles???

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, we decided that instead of ranking people in terms of how many posts they've made, we should rank each poster individually on their own merits.

That's why some people have been promoted, others demoted, and some have stayed the same.

In your case, Tantric, we didn't think you really deserved your Master Don Juan title, and so we stripped it from you until you EARN it.

We feel that you still needed a few more quality posts to prove yourself. I think two or three more good posts should get you over the line.

De La Soul

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So why hasn't Pook got the status of Master DJ??????

Last edited:

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tantric,

I just spoke with a couple of the other moderators, and they actually think you were a little hard-done-by not getting at least Senior DJ status. I'm almost certain that you'll get it with a couple more posts.

Guitar_Whizz,

Pook's status was one of the more hotly debated issues. (We only considered accounts that have been active within the past 9 months) We actually decided to give him Senior DJ status for a strange reason - he is worshipped! We figured that people already take his advice like medicine and there are an over-abundance of posts asking Pook for advice that to give him the highest possible status would be against everything he has preached, and his followers would increase to uncontrollable numbers, probably flooding the board with questions to Pook.

However the matter is still under consideration and may yet be changed.

EDIT: Just to let you know, Tantric, your status has been upgraded. Congrats.

De La

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not one to kiss ass or worship anyone..but pooks posts are very well thought out..make sense..motivational, clear, and he speaks from experience
and has good intentions of helping people out with what he knows..

so I think he deserves it..

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman
Im not one to kiss ass or worship anyone..but pooks posts are very well thought out..make sense..motivational, clear, and he speaks from experience
and has good intentions of helping people out with what he knows..

so I think he deserves it..
I also agree. Everyone knows Pook is the ultimate DJ. He is a shining example. How could he NOT be given master dj status?

Last edited:

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shameless post to see what status a schmoe like me has on this new board lol :)

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, you reviewed the posters on here and then assigned levels based on merit, excellent idea and a long time coming. Kudos to you and the other moderators on a good idea and an endeavor that no doubt took quite some time and effort to complete.

Now, here's my question. If you have some determination of how far and in what areas a DJ has achieved, then vice versa, can you offer some constructive criticism on which avenues need to be more closely examined?

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL??

Originally posted by De La Soul
Yeah, we decided that instead of ranking people in terms of how many posts they've made, we should rank each poster individually on their own merits.

That's why some people have been promoted, others demoted, and some have stayed the same.

In your case, Tantric, we didn't think you really deserved your Master Don Juan title, and so we stripped it from you until you EARN it.

We feel that you still needed a few more quality posts to prove yourself. I think two or three more good posts should get you over the line.

De La Soul
You are kidding right?

From what I've seen, you are to remain "senior DJ" until your 500 post, then you'll be "Master DJ". Correct me if I'm wrong on the number

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: LOL??

Originally posted by Squy
You are kidding right?

From what I've seen, you are to remain "senior DJ" until your 500 post, then you'll be "Master DJ". Correct me if I'm wrong on the number
I think he had everyone going for a minute. No one has enough time to look at everyones post and decide if they're a 'Master DJ' or 'Senior DJ'.

Kensiko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i just wanna see what rank i have now.

indianDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
me too just checkin

Nosferatu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz
So why hasn't Pook got the status of Master DJ??????
Pook's posts usually contain significant grammatical errors. Until this is corrected, I recommend holding His Worshipfulness back a grade.

Just kidding, of course. I have a lot of respect for the Pookster.

Nosferatu

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still master Don Juan.

That's all what matters

:D
GHOST

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think ppl are taking this ranking stuff a little too seriously. who gives a sh*t whut ur rank is? like pook... he doesn't have that many posts, yet all of his posts are quality. rank = quantity of posts. no one gives a sh*t. dont bring this up again.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dee-Zy
I'm still master Don Juan.

That's all what matters

GHOST
I'm glad to see a veteran still hanging around. How are you Dee-Zy?

Ranking posters has been a legitimate request to Allen for a long time. Remember, a person reaching a Master Don Juan status just because he keeps reposting the word "bump" until he hits post # 110 (or something)?

I don't want to start that "Back in our days..." stuff again. But when I started, people post great ideas and no personal attacks.

I applaud DJ Forum's pioneers who are still hanging in there and enduring occasional charades that we have here.

Thanks for "hearing" me out.

Aztec

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that you appreciate it.

I'm kinda pissed at how the board turned out. Things change - but I don't think the board changed for the best. This is just my MO though, I have been wrong and I can be wrong. No offense to anybody - that's just how I feel.

We should get a petition to pressure Allen to go back and convince the Ol' timers to come back.

GHOST