Moderation of Live SS chat

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As more and more members begin to utilize our free private chat room, I think there needs to be more organization and moderation to create an effective, efficient, and engaging chat. It is my opinion that a single private room is too small to effectively engage in a given topic.

I would like to propose separate SS chat rooms that correspond with the various forums we have here at SS. I'm not saying that we need 7 different chat rooms, but I think we could benefit from having from having two or three different rooms:

-- Mature Man
-- Health and Fitness
-- General

Each room could be "moderated" by a volunteering member (this role could change every two weeks or so). The volunteering moderator would create the weekly topics and create the times for the chat. In addition, they (the mod) would keep everyone on topic. Perhaps the chat mod could start off the session with an intriguing question or article pertaining to the given topic.

I really enjoy the live chat. Let's get it organized! :D

Last edited:

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
Except for an hour on Sunday nights, there isn't enough volume to warrant multiple rooms.
agreed and Sunday nights have a specific topic people show up or don't show up for. We all aren't trying to talk about three different topics

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hi magma,
currently the room i made on chatzy is the "unofficial" chatroom.
some of our members wanted a live chatroom, and since non was provided, i went out on a search for a free chatroom myself.
redpill and i have tried to get the thing to allow other moderators, however since it is a free applet, it doesn't seem to allow that, since no one else shares my email address.
you are more than welcome to make another chatzy chatroom for everyone to use, but there is not enough traffic to really need one.
during the week, people pop in and out and talk about whatever they feel like and have chit chat, but the only time i can really get enough traffic in there is sunday nights right now.
i have been trying to get people to schedule them on other days and times, by request of our uk members, but haven't had much luck yet.

please pm me any ideas or you can come up with.

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
Except for an hour on Sunday nights, there isn't enough volume to warrant multiple rooms.
What I was thinking was that Sunday nights would be the official live chat night. If there were topics offered up in MM and Health and Fitness, perhaps more people might come? I guess you could call it the "Field of Dreams" theory of chat, if you will: Open them up, and they will come.

Just a thought...

Pen, I certainly appreciate the time and effort that you the Pill have put forth concerning the live chat. I think the initial response is pretty good! I can't remember who suggested it, but perhaps the intereseted parties could pony up a quarter or so and transfer it to a Paypal account to pay for the Chatzy premium service ($9 I believe?). I would certainly be willing to part with two bits.

Thoughts?