Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MMA vs. STREET FIGHTING

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best course of action is to act in self-defence mode - Not fight mode!

We have natural instincts that let us know when we are in immediate danger - Ignore them at your peril.

If you sense danger, then act upon it - FAST - You can Fight or take Flight!

If you decide to Fight - Hit hard and often with ferocity using your hard weapons (finger jabs, palm heels, foot heels, knees, elbows) in the aggressors soft places (eyes, nose, throat, under chin near jawline, side of neck, solar plexus, nutsack, side of knees) those are potential maiming targets.

If you decide to run - It's good to have good lungs and stamina so that if they chase you your strength won't fade!

Then when you see them get tired - Turn around and kick the living sh*t outta them!!!

“He who fights and runs away
May live to fight another day;
But he who is battle slain
Can never rise to fight again.”

― Oliver Goldsmith

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best course of action is to act in self-defence mode - Not fight mode!

We have natural instincts that let us know when we are in immediate danger - Ignore them at your peril.

If you sense danger, then act upon it - FAST - You can Fight or take Flight!

If you decide to Fight - Hit hard and often with ferocity using your hard weapons (finger jabs, palm heels, foot heels, knees, elbows) in the aggressors soft places (eyes, nose, throat, under chin near jawline, side of neck, solar plexus, nutsack, side of knees) those are potential maiming targets.

If you decide to run - It's good to have good lungs and stamina so that if they chase you your strength won't fade!

Then when you see them get tired - Turn around and kick the living sh*t outta them!!!

“He who fights and runs away
May live to fight another day;
But he who is battle slain
Can never rise to fight again.”

― Oliver Goldsmith
ahh another way to do this is let them swing away and defend, when you see that mouth open , its time to fight!

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ahh another way to do this is let them swing away and defend, when you see that mouth open , its time to fight!
If they are swinging first then you have already been too slow to recognize the danger!

In a fight, whether it's sport or real combat - you want to get off first and control the pace - That's what I mean by self-defence!

RickTheToad

Reaction score
If they are swinging first then you have already been too slow to recognize the danger!

In a fight, whether it's sport or real combat - you want to get off first and control the pace - That's what I mean by self-defence!
If you hit first, that would be self-offense, not self-defense.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been a pvssy most of my youth till my early 20s due to my crappy family and upbringing.

Then I started doing BJJ first and then MMA and suddenly provocations and harassments ended, the fact that I left bigger than me people on the ground or made them reconsider the strenght ratio between us surely helped.

Sure MMA have rules like not kicking somone in the nuts or poking his eyes but you basically get anything that you need mentally and physically even before a decent set of technical skills.

Most people think that striking is just a matter of speed and luck, well its not, I learn it the hard way when I moved from BJJ to MMA.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I have been a pvssy most of my youth till my early 20s due to my crappy family and upbringing.

Then I started doing BJJ first and then MMA and suddenly provocations and harassments ended, the fact that I left bigger than me people on the ground or made them reconsider the strenght ratio between us surely helped.

Sure MMA have rules like not kicking somone in the nuts or poking his eyes but you basically get anything that you need mentally and physically even before a decent set of technical skills.

Most people think that striking is just a matter of speed and luck, well its not, I learn it the hard way when I moved from BJJ to MMA.
Pressure points help tremendously too. Knowing where to strike is more important that the force and might. Example, palm to the solar plexus, I do not care if the dude is 7'10'', he's going down. Neck, back of knees, under arm pits, temple areas, inner elbow, area between thumb and index finger, etc. All important things to know in order to neutralize the threat.

The way a person holds themself can also prevent an altercation by look, stature and confidence.. Fighting without fighting...

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I have to fight, unlikely because I’m smart. It’s a fight to the death. Pulling off chunks of flesh with your teeth before you kill him works just fine. Or whatever it is you feel like you have to do.

I have never had to use my training in Okinawa karate even once.

In high school I used my fathers boxing training. The fights didn’t last long. Things are different for me now. I’m a full grown man.
so what im hearing is you'll kill somebody or maim them and that boxing is useful.

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

how long were you training mixed martial arts?

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kimbo Slice was a good street fighter. Once he entered the octagon, even after being trained in MMA, he was eaten alive.

There is your answer
I wonder if that was due to the rules of the ring. Fight is usually over once someone loses an eye, except in rare cases like this:

In this Chinese name, the family name is Xiahou.
Xiahou Dun (About this soundpronunciation (help·info)) (died 13 June 220),[a] courtesy name Yuanrang, was a military general serving under the warlord Cao Cao during the late Eastern Han dynasty of China.[2] He served for a few months under Cao Cao's successor, Cao Pi, before his death. As one of Cao Cao's most trusted generals, Xiahou Dun aided the warlord in his campaigns against Lü Bu, Liu Bei, Sun Quan and others.

Xiahou Dun lost his left eye when he was a hit by a stray arrow during a battle against Lü Bu in the late 190s, and subsequently became known among the rank and file as "One-eyed Xiahou". His image as a one-eyed warrior was popularised by the 14th-century historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms, in which he yanked the arrow out of his eye and devoured his eyeball.

On a un-related note. I think martial arts should be a required part of schooling like math or geography. It's certainly practical and almost all will teach discipline and keep kids in shape.

I think cops should have to get a Black Belt or have 5 years of Martial Art training before entering the force. This bs about 6 months in police academy and then they punt you onto the street is why people reach for their gun first. My wife took something similar to the above training through her college, she was intent on becoming a body guard... didn't work out though cause her eye sight sucks. She also did Tai Chi and Kung Fu.

This... I just thought this was cool :D

Martial Arts is a great way to meet non-violent people. Most instructors are totally down to earth people, fun to be around and very personable. I taught Muay Thai for awhile but I much prefer to be in class. I really enjoy the company of people who devote a significant amount of time to self defense, they usually treat it more like a cooking class. There are ingredients and they teach you how to refine your technique on each one and how something beautiful comes together after you combine them. I always used a 'self defense' class as a cheap first date because you get to touch the girl. I did this for my wife because she was a real girly girl when I met her. Well within about 30 seconds she was the one sitting on top of me, lol. I'm glad no one was around to see that, it would have been super embarrassing. :)

Last edited:

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can be a trained MMA fighter but on the street that training has some but limited use.
Someone can bite your nose off, or cave your head in with a brick, or grip-squeeze your balls hard and not let go until you say “please!”

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

My wife says they did something like this at her college, usually in the mornings. What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning. I have to say though, if you want to get rid of all this safe space bvllsh1t, this is definitely the way to do it. This type of training should be mandatory in every school system. Toughen kids up and give them a bit of confidence.

I love the Chinese school system, they do something like this every morning. Every one participates and they do it the exact same way each time so that kids can gain mastery over the movements [most of it is derived from Kung Fu], it keeps them in shape and gets them ready for a long day of studies. If I find some of my old videos, I'll post them. If not for my health problems I would've stayed in China to teach at a school like the one above. Disciplined students are extremely inspirational to a teacher... tangent I know...

Anyway back to the MMA vs Street Fighting.

Last edited:

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

My wife says they did something like this at her college, usually in the mornings. What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning. I have to say though, if you want to get rid of all this safe space bvllsh1t, this is definitely the way to do it. This type of training should be mandatory in every school system. Toughen kids up and give them a bit of confidence.

I love the Chinese school system, they do something like this every morning. Every one participates and they do it the exact same way each time so that kids can gain mastery over the movements [most of it is derived from Kung Fu], it keeps them in shape and gets them ready for a long day of studies. If I find some of my old videos, I'll post them. If not for my health problems I would've stayed in China to teach at a school like the one above. Disciplined students are extremely inspirational to a teacher... tangent I know...

Anyway back to the MMA vs Street Fighting.
that was nuts

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. When I was in high school boxing was my only Knowlege of fighting. This is the proverbial high school pecking order play. It is a microcosm world before going out to live with the more experienced real world.
Most people (95% or more) don’t know how to defend themselves. There is absolutely nothing to fear from them.

This is an example of mind set. How many people would mess with you and won’t let you walk away? If someone isn’t letting you walk away, then it must be to the death. Go ahead and kill them if needed. When another man “feels” this mind set, he will let you walk away. He may talk shyt as you do it. that’s ok. Walk away.

But you have to drop your shoulders and realize that there is no out for you when someone won’t let you walk away. Be certain that this is to the death. Because it is. Any stray punch or kick can kill you. Even if Its not intentionally disastrous. Stepping back to get away could trip you and cause you to receive fatal head damage.

Resign yourself to it and go ahead and kill him. There are no rules. Embrace the killer that vibrates inside of you. This will guarantee that you will walk away. The antagonist will automatically feel it.

I was working in Nevada some years back. One of the managers of the construction company building a gold mine, was quite the scrapper. He would fight at the drop of a hat. He picked on this other guy and punched him out. Well that guy left the pub and came back with a knife and stuck it into the guys heart. I was about 15 feet away and saw everything. The guy who stabbed him couldn’t speak English very well and got off with three years in jail. A life for three years.

These MMA guys don’t have a chance in hell.
idk i used to hear my mom telling me these stories about a knife and a gun appearing in a fight , then my grandma and brother started pickin on me ''what if they have a gun''
but i gotta give it up to those boxers , them guys are some dawgs. met some street cats in mississippi who be gettin down

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
another thing i love about boxing, is that you can create your own style of boxing.