MMA Competition

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Torn Victor
Oh, and one more thing, Saine: stop spending so much time on this site. You average 33 posts per day. This time can better be spent hitting the heavy bag, running and conditioning.
The average is inaccurate. I do have at least 5 posts a day.
But no more than 10.

I have no bag here, and posting even if it's 50, takes no more than 30 min. :)

Enduro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is not inaccurate. You registered 31 OCT and have posted 338 times in 11 days. Do the math.

Also, that's 30 minutes that could be better spent working out.

Enduro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you prefer sitting on your ass doing nothing to working to make your dreams of fighting in the UFC a reality, then good luck. Because you are really going to need it.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, well 30 min. won't kill me.

Thanks, I know I'll need it when I reach the championship. :)

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Saine. How come you diss Tiger Schulmann's karate badly on this site by calling it a McDojo and then go on to sherdog and ask things like "does anyone know how Tiger Schulmann's program is like?"

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BMW
Saine. How come you diss Tiger Schulmann's karate badly on this site by calling it a McDojo and then go on to sherdog and ask things like "does anyone know how Tiger Schulmann's program is like?"
Things change. I believe it was where I saw Tiger Schulman suck in my local area and in other thread/forum people say it's ok or whatever. So I thought "hm, maybe these guys have differ opinions."

Last edited:

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Either that or I confuse the hell out of myself. :p :p

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And I still think Tig is a McDojo. I just want Sher user's opinion.

Phenomenom101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well before you even think about joining anything like UFC why dont you try something else instead of boxing? I like boxing but......its really nothing compared to when I use to train in Muay Thai. Boxing teaches the plain basics but I like it because of the training. Anyways, think about going into another sport, if you think you can get by with just boxing then you are in for some serious pain.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phenomenom101
Well before you even think about joining anything like UFC why dont you try something else instead of boxing? I like boxing but......its really nothing compared to when I use to train in Muay Thai. Boxing teaches the plain basics but I like it because of the training. Anyways, think about going into another sport, if you think you can get by with just boxing then you are in for some serious pain.
Nope, you're right. I'm not superman.

Getting in another sport is what I'm asking for in Sherdog, another gym. Almost every gym here specialize purely on styles of their own or are pure McDojos.

Why Muay Thai? I heard it's quite tough. A lot shin and elbow meaning close range. And close range with grapplers = bad.

I was thinking of finding Ken Shamrock's student (or if he wants to train me himself :D) to teach me in New York or North Carolina. Unfortunately all the good stuff are either gone or taken or whatever.

Enduro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Why Muay Thai? Maybe because it's the most lethal striking art out there, and combined with boxing it's even more dangerous. Do it. You can still do MT and grappling at the same time.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so on the list to do :

Boxing
MT

I'm thinking of doing submission grappling that Ken Shamrock did.

Phenomenom101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay Muay Thai because its great at conditioning the body. And trust me its going to be a while before you are even going to START to see some difference. If not Muay Thai then you can try some other style like it (cant remember the name of it at the moment, but its a Chinese style). You're going to have to get serious about it though. I dont know why but I feel like you are some kid that just saw some UFC videotape and now feel like its your calling (like the same people that saw Fast and Furious and started to become "street racers"). You're going to have to go through some serious training. Trust me, even your attitude and the way you see a lot of things will change.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phenomenom101
Okay Muay Thai because its great at conditioning the body. And trust me its going to be a while before you are even going to START to see some difference. If not Muay Thai then you can try some other style like it (cant remember the name of it at the moment, but its a Chinese style). You're going to have to get serious about it though. I dont know why but I feel like you are some kid that just saw some UFC videotape and now feel like its your calling (like the same people that saw Fast and Furious and started to become "street racers"). You're going to have to go through some serious training. Trust me, even your attitude and the way you see a lot of things will change.

Muay Thai is some serious training. At the gym where I train, the instructor has the beginning student kicking the bag 500 times. And that's how he breaks in the beginners!! It's a real *****, but it'll make you tough as nailsif yo do decide to do that.

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the Chinese style thats up there with Muay thai in terms of effectiveness is called San Shou or something like that. Its kickboxing, but it focuses more on throws than knee'ing when you are in the clinch.

Jinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Celadus
I think the Chinese style thats up there with Muay thai in terms of effectiveness is called San Shou or something like that. Its kickboxing, but it focuses more on throws than knee'ing when you are in the clinch.
San Shou is good but the fighters aren't as tough as muay thai fighters. If you're doing san shou you need to put extra emphasis on callousing to toughen yourself.

I remember a kickboxing match a couple of years back where one dude tried to kick another and the guy raised his leg to block and the kicker's shin snapped right in half. This is what could happen to someone who wants to fight, but neglects the callousing portion of his training.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost 350 views and hardly much posts or comments on the video. Strange.