Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mixed signals

L0stBoy

Reaction score
So I've been lurking on this forum for the past few months since I ended my LTR. So far I've picked up some great advise and closed many deals :D, but recently I started seeing this one girl that is really messing my head. It started about 6 weeks ago, I went out with mates and we met up with the extended friends group at some bar near to where we all live. Due to the covid curfew we all ended up at a house party, at this point I was pretty drunk as this was meant to be a lads night out but still managed to secure some numbers from the girls in the extended group. Later in the early morning I started talking to this girl (HB8). Immediately even in my drunk state was interested, and more interested then I've been in any of the girls I've hooked up with recently. Seemed the like feeling was mutual so we exchanged numbers as we were leaving.

Through the next week I tried to get her to come out with me twice I cant remember her response to the first but got the "I'm really busy sorry, maybe next week" for the second so I deleted the number thinking she wasn't interested and carried on with my life. A week later on the Friday I was about to catch an uber to another bar when I get a message from her asking if I want to have dinner with her. I responded by saying I wasn't hungry but if she wanted she could come join me at the bar I'm about to go to. She then responded with the first of many alternative arrangements first asking if I wanted to do another day, which I responded with "sure lets do Tuesday @MyChoiceOfResturant" she then responded with "lets do Thursday(Friday was public holiday) @FancyResturant". Thinking this was a weird power play I had a laugh about it with the lads but told her "sure we can".

On the following Monday she messaged me asking how many people I had invited, this confused me so much because I had thought it was a date. I'm a very strait forward guy so I basically told her "non I thought it was a date" (I'm not sure I made the right move here but w/e). She then apologized for coming across in the wrong way. At this point I was completely done with this and was about to call it quits when she said she was bringing HB9 with her and two other friends. So instead of calling it I called the restaurant and increased the booking to a larger number of people and invited my friends as well. Thinking to myself hey some new talent I didn't get to close HB9 the last time we met so lets go round 2 (I already had her number but she was about as interesting as cardboard when we met so didn't bother speaking to her).

So come Thursday night I have some of the lads over for some drinks at my place then head off to the restaurant. The girls all arrive late but non of us really cared as we were having a pretty decent time at the restaurant's bar. The alcohol starts flowing and we end dinner and decide to go to the mutual friends house as he lives down the road. At this point im trying to escalate with HB9 but its not going so well, I find out she just broke up with the guy she was seeing and wasnt in the right mindset for anything. She laid out quite a funny line "you just got out of a LTR you obviously are not ready for a relationship, speak to me in 3 months". I laughed at this and replied "who said anything about a relationship" (probably the wrong thing to say as this triggered her). I quickly pulled out of the convo and started chatting to some of the other girls at which point HB8 showed up next to me and began chatting. We chatted for a bit then everyone decided to go home as it was 4am. I said cheers to my friends, called my uber and went outside to wait for it. At which point I saw another uber waiting, then after about 5 min, leave. As my uber showed up HB8 walked out and explained she had missed her ride. Since she lived close to me I said she could catch a ride with me but I'm going to my place first, to which she agreed and we set off. We chatted a bit in the uber I cant remember what about I was pretty drunk at this stage, anyway we got to my place and I tried my luck asking if she wanted to come for a drink. She said thanks for the offer but she wanted to get home, I said goodbye cutting my losses and got in the elevator.

When I got to my floor I got a phone call from her saying she was actually coming up, I told her my floor # and waited in the lobby. I proceeded to take her to my apartment and we had some wine. We ended up drunkenly hooking up and she slept over (no sex as we were to drunk but other stuff). The next day she spent the day with me in the apartment watching netflix and making out/hooking up (again everything else but no sex she had some weird rule that she would only have sex with people she knew for a while). I took her home around 6pm, had a real weird convo in the car, she was asking if I wanted children, about my LTR and she told me about how she was supposed to go on a date that evening bla bla something. I just said oh sounds cool or some generic response not paying much attention to it.

The next day I get this message from her all stressed saying how she doesn't normally do this type of thing and a bunch of stuff implying I'm a player (just general upset chick stuff). I ended up sending her some flowers and that fixed that situation(meh maybe bad move but I didn't really feel like dealing with the drama). At this point I was still kind of interested in her as the other conversations we had were pretty good so I decided to give it another go.

We messaged back and forth and she ended up inviting me to her birthday. so for timeframe purposes this birthday was about 2 weeks after we hooked up. I ended up going but nothing really happened besides I found out why she freaked out and why she was so hesitant to go on a date with me before. Anyway as it was HB9 and some of her other friends that were there the 1st night were telling her how I was a "player" and hooked up with a bunch of their friends in the months leading up to when we first met. At least if anything that night provided some clarity on why she was so hesitant.

We continued messaging back and forth a bit until she agreed to go on a date with me, but in somewhat typical fashion refused my time and place and provided her own. However I made the actual booking. So I picked her up, it was this wine tasting dinner thing again somewhere fancy. We both had a good time, I ended up at her apartment again and we hooked up (but again everything else just no sex). So after this I was thinking everything seemed to be going well I was enjoying myself, but when later on that week I tried to make plans to see her, she gave me some weird plan to have lunch with me but she wasnt sure because she was spending the day with HB9(who at this point hates me XD) and doesn't want it to be to awkward. She ended up canceling plans saying we could do something the next week. Anyway that Saturday night was winding down I was out with friends and was going to call it an early one but decided to messaged her "What do I need to do to get you to have a drink with me tonight". She responded with "pick me up from @place and we can have a drink at my place".

Picked her up and we went to her place, had some drinks and watched a movie. Again I ended up spending the night this time there was more intimacy when we made out and everything seemed more intense so tried escalating to sex but she told me she wants to take it slow. Anyway had some fun then went to sleep. The next day we chatted a bit and she explained to me she has had some disappointing relationships and doesn't know what she wants I told her that's fine with me I'm not looking for anything in particular just want to see where the connection goes.

A week later and thus last weekend we end up meeting for early dinner and drinks since we were going to a bar opening afterwards. Here is where stuff gets weird and I'm slightly lost as to what's happening. We agree to meet at a restaurant at around 4pm, at 2:45 pm she messages me saying she is running late and will only be there at 4:15. I was already getting ready so I told her "ok cool, im gona have a drink @barNearby so take your time" at like 4:30 she calls me saying she is still not ready and do we want to just go to a place closer to her. I told her no and I'm waiting for you at the restaurant, she then agreed and said she was coming there now. so anyway she arrives 20 min later and I explain to her I don't like lateness and she apologizes. We chat and I make her have some shots for being late and we decide to call HB9 and tell her to come to the restaurant so I can win her over. long story short HB9 comes over I make amends for the sake of peace and everything is good so we have a few more drinks then head to a bar.

Again that evening we end up at her place and we hookup and again the same she tells me she wants to take things slow. The next morning she basically tells me that she is scared to have sex with me because I might ghost her afterwards. So I explain I'm not looking for a hookup, which at this stage I'm not, I would like to see where this takes me.

I head off home and when I get there she messages me saying "I know its frustrating having to take it slow, but its only because I don't want to jump in before I'm ready. I've done that in the past and it can get messed up. If i didn't see this going anywhere then i wouldn't be this careful."

TLDR
Firstly she takes an somewhat exactly an hour to replay to all my messages even when I reply instantly and she is online
she always changes the plans (example today we were meant to meet for a quick dinner which I had to ask if it was still on which she replied "sorry I cant do today" but is keen to do Saturday)
I'm always the one to initiate plans
this weird take things slow thing
she is seeing another guy (this doesn't bother me but might be relevant)
she keeps wanting to go to fancy restaurants for dates

Lads am I getting played here?

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when in doubt employ the brad pitt rule:
if you were brad pitt would she behave the way she is behaving now?

granted you're no brad pitt, but a woman with high interest would always treat you as such

go hit up 10 different girls, focus on what can make your life better

this is a sport don't get hung up on one missed penalty shootout

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The dynamic between you and her seems off. You're working pretty hard and dealing with quite a bit of drama for not much of a return. I mean, if you are truly enjoying yourself it would be one thing. However, the fact you are here asking if you are being played seems proof enough you aren't enjoying yourself.

I would back off and see if it sends her into overdrive when you aren't as available. She feels like she has you if she wants you right now but is on the fence. Give her a reason to not feel as secure. In the meantime though -- talk to other women.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I read the whole thing, normally I don’t believe girls when they say they want to “take it slow” but from reading it all this one sounds legit. But if she ever brings up being “hurt in the past” then get the fvck out of there because she would def be begging for attention as she is making you do all the work.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m going to suspect another guy is in the picture. Possibly an ex. Next time she comes over or you go over to her place and she doesn’t want to put out, you simply cut the date short. You are going to become the guy she “cuddles” with and gets no sex. Do not be afraid to cut the night short, tell her you have to be up early. If she is like most girls and if she likes you, she will try to keep you there by giving you what you want because their hamster will start to spin, she will think to herself, “is he rushing off to see another woman” or something like that. It’s happen to me a dozen times and a pullback has always given me success. Good Luck.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m going to suspect another guy is in the picture. Possibly an ex. Next time she comes over or you go over to her place and she doesn’t want to put out, you simply cut the date short. You are going to become the guy she “cuddles” with and gets no sex. Do not be afraid to cut the night short, tell her you have to be up early. If she is like most girls and if she likes you, she will try to keep you there by giving you what you want because their hamster will start to spin, she will think to herself, “is he rushing off to see another woman” or something like that. It’s happen to me a dozen times and a pullback has always given me success. Good Luck.
better yet have another woman lined up.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me it sounds like the first girl just wanted a free meal.
The other one seems like more of an amateur gold digger that is taking classes from the first one. You got lucky with her, but now her biatch friend is coaching her on how to turn you into a sucker.

What you're doing wrong is letting these women boss you around. You let them tell you which expensive restaurant to go and then they stiff you with the bill and tell you "I´m not ready for a relationship". What they are all ready for is free food.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get a message from her asking if I want to have dinner with her.

On the following Monday she messaged me asking how many people I had invited,

TLDR
Firstly she takes an somewhat exactly an hour to replay to all my messages even when I reply instantly and she is online
she always changes the plans (example today we were meant to meet for a quick dinner which I had to ask if it was still on which she replied "sorry I cant do today" but is keen to do Saturday)
I'm always the one to initiate plans
this weird take things slow thing
she is seeing another guy (this doesn't bother me but might be relevant)
she keeps wanting to go to fancy restaurants for dates

The first girl was just using you for a free meal. She clearly didn't want to meet you at all unless it involved getting a free meal at an expensive restaurant.

The reason she asked you "how many friends are you bringing" was because she intended to bring other people along to eat at your expense. Sometimes women do this - each one brining along their friends to so-called dates, so that they can take advantage of some sucker.

The second girl is part of her meal scamming group, which means that she has the same kind of morals as the first one. She liked you enough to hook up, but now she´s also trying to scam you because that´s the kind of person she is.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you end up taking the blue pill or the red pill? I'm still confused over that bit.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, ye its time to walk away.
OP first of all show one woman all your time and attention, and she will show you why you should have been speaking to 7. Rest assured you arent even on her mind.

2) This scenario is played out many times, whenever a woman gives you any nonsense, its her code for "im not cheating/Thanks for being a orbiter", her current chap is an Alpha treating her wishy washy , or he is a beta provider she doesnt want to lose

This is the insane stuff women figure out, when they are on relationship breaks. Hell, she would probably let you do Anal as long as it doesnt go near her P*ssy. See she can happily sit with her chap in 3 weeks and confirm she hasnt cheated ! even though you were giving her the 2 finger tap. Make sense? Once your c8ck goes in her *****, it opens a can of worms as you could message her chap, and confirm shes a HoE.

I had one woman suddenly show interest in me, after giving me the wishy washy treatment, we went for a day time, walk. She had no intention of dating , she just wanted her ego rubbing as her chap had rejected her, and she knew right away who would validate her.

one last thing, NOT ONE WOMAN IS SINGLE, NOT ONE

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, ye its time to walk away.
Your patience with this kind of female behaviour is in need to be shortened.

Your time is precious and not to be wasted by a woman like this.

Over 6 weeks you could have found a woman with high interest in you.

You have to draw a few lines in the sand that result in a solid NEXT if they overstep.

First things to change:

*Stop letting women dictate the dates, you should be setting most of the frame

*Stop handing out (expensive, serial-) dinner dates to women that are not fvcking you (it doesnt mather if you have the money)

*Stop sending flowers (or other presents) to appease women that are upset because you didnt act the way they wanted, you are only investing in more trouble with her in future

*Stop giving a sh!t what the friend of the woman you are dating thinks about you and NEVER appease the friend of a woman you are dating. You dont care about her opinion, you dont have the time to deal with it and neither should the woman you date be influenced by her opinion.

*Stop doing double dates and the likes of it. This is just cokk-blocking you. Until she commits to fvck you, there is no socializing with her friends.

*Stop dating women that "want to take it slow", they either have low sexual desire for you or there is another man fvcking her and she wants to see where it goes with him before commiting to fvck you.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m going to suspect another guy is in the picture. Possibly an ex.
FYI... there is ALWAYS another guy... there is ALWAYS another exe that reaches out. There isn't a fvcking thing you can do about any of this.

All you can do is be who you are make an effort to meet up, and see if you are more interesting to her in any particular emotional moment. The only advice I can give a man that finds himself in a situation like this when you are competing for a chick's attention is don't let yourself get sucked into a situation where you are competing with some other dude.

Yeah... sure you might lose out to the other guy because he is busting his butt to impress her, and she WILL respond to this... but this is a Pyric victory for him, because at the end of the day... no man can keep this up... and you would have set the benchmark of what you need to do to keep her.

There is this one woman I know and who is a friend, VERY attractive, funny and interesting... she is in a LDR with a wealthy guy in Texas, private plane and all. A couple of months ago, apparently he was getting tired of emptying his wallet keeping her happy and wanted to take a break from all this crazy @ss travel. She dumped him... I set up a date with her, and naturally she flaked when BF called and wanted to 'work things out' working things out meant, he has gone back to busting his butt. So now they are off on trips again to the Dominican Republic, Miami, et. al etc etc. The reason this is happening is that he set the baseline, and this is what she is used to.

There is another woman, I used to date, that again has a dude in Texas... again he is paying for trips to NYC, et. al. etc etc... He puts up with a bunch of BS, again busting his butt... When he gets to the point where he is tired of doing this, he will lose her.

Jesus... again another woman I used to date, had been trying to get me to meet up with her and her new BF for weeks. three weeks ago, I finally agreed to meet her at a place close to my home, and later the new BF shows up with one of his friends... it was clear what was happening because this cr@p happens to me frequently... she was sending a message to this new guy "This is your competition, give me what I want or you will be replaced." The next week, they are flying out to Miami to attend the Miss Universe Pageant for the weekend. So this dumb@ss spent, I guess $3,000 for plane tickets and a hotel because this woman wanted a trip.

DON'T get sucked into the sh1t! It is better to lose a woman if the cost is twisting yourself into a knot as cash pours from your pocket.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women do not send mixed signals. The problem is men cannot read the signals that women send. If you think she is sending mixed signals, she is actually telling you she is not interested.

A women that wants to be with you will make it very easy for you. She will climb mountains to get to you.

Yes, this chick is using you. Who knows (or cares) what for. Just move on!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Sounds like she is unsure about you... possibly might be about the ex or possibly about another guy. She clearly has some interest but I think she is on the fence as to which way to go.

You did well making her come to you at the restaurant and letting her know the lateness wasn't acceptable. A lot of guys would have caved and let it go. Or switched venues. You held up under fire which was good.

The flower thing was a little strange. I wouldn't have done that.

If she wants to think of you as a player let her. She might tell you she hates it but she secretly loves it. Agree and amplify and roll with it. When a women accuses you of being able to get a lot of other women why would you downplay this and tell her "no I can't"? See how silly that sounds now that you look at it this way...you are basically saying "what? I am not a player...other women don't find me attractive!"

A woman never wants a guy where she is his ONLY option. She wants a guy who chooses her OVER his other options. Distinct but key difference.

I would pull back a little bit here and see if you can get her to chase a little bit. You are doing a little too much work right now and you haven't had any justification(sex) for it.

Glassguy

Reaction score
There are never mixed signals. Only a woman showing low interest or more interested in someone else and the man refuses to see reality.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women do not send mixed signals. The problem is men cannot read the signals that women send. If you think she is sending mixed signals, she is actually telling you she is not interested.
Truth... this really isn't rocket science... all you have to do is trust your gut. If you learn to suppress your ego and run with your intuition, it's pretty freaking obvious 95% of the time.

And if you have any doubts at all... ask her out to something... make sure it is a specific time/place/activity then see what she does with that. If she is interested and available she will say yes, or suggest a different time if she is actually busy. Then try again in a couple of weeks, if she says no without a counter... you have your answer.... and now you get to forget about her and move on.